We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1

    Attitude to new players

    Quote Originally Posted by Maegren View Post
    hi all,

    only my second post...so ready for a flaming...

    so, background: I used to play WoW a LOT, got to near cap with a Rogue (Combat ) and basically did PvP the whole time. Just a great experience. Loved Warsong Gulch, and Arahi Basin especially...

    But the pull of Tolkien was just too strong. and while the guilds in WoW are rubbish, my kin on Lotro is amazing! (BrightMelody - Withywindle!)

    and so I levelled through the epics and in Moria and beyond, and loved it.

    but all the time I wanted to do some PvP, and pit my skills against others. I didnt want to do the Creep thing. So I looked forward to hitting lvl 85 and going to the moors.

    And here's what happened:

    arrived, picked up some quests, tried to find a fellowship - and zero response. No response in LFF. Tried sending tells to Freeps running past - no answer at all. Not even a "go away". Just a total blank.

    So, with a great deal of trepidation, I went out solo. And skirted round the edges and was safe. But as soon as I ventured in towards the middle I was immediately ganked. And then again by a group of 5 creeps who basically ran me down in 1 second. And then again.

    I got back to the Freep safe zone, and found a player who did respond to a tell. I asked why no one was willing to team up with me. He / she said, because they don't know you.

    Well, doh.

    I'm a hunter, and I just can't survive solo.

    So I gave up, and I won't ever go back.

    So Turbine if you are reading these things, you need to go back to the drawing board completely on PvP. You need to have a queueing system, to force people to band together. And you need to make this a real feature of the game.

    I miss PvP. And though I don't like WoW for many reasons, I'm contemplating going back just so that I can fight against others without wasting my time.

    /end rant
    Saw this in the forums. Quite shocking really. Any explanations freepside? You had enough trouble in late RoR getting big enough fraids together because a lot of you don't get on, and this is how you treat newbies, can't even be bothered to reply to a tell?!

    Creepside treatment of newbies isn't perfect, but it is better I would say. You get a mix of those who are clearly not going to stick around and seem to possess about 8 brain cells and then there are those who are eager to learn and ask in ooc for help = I try my best to give these types lots of loot if I have some spare as well the the usual 'ignore freeps, quest, get maps, get auda, get skills and rank' advice. Its not much, but its something and a lot of other creeps are helpful like this too.

    Can't speak for freepside generally obviously, but this guy obviously IMed multiple freeps and only one bothered to reply and wasn't exactly helpful, although he/she was probably truthful. I understand you don't want newbies ruining your fraids/not following rat etc/easy defeat response for creeps but you could end up losing a great potential freep -> everyone is clueless and new when they start out. Just because you have shiny purple/green ranks doesn't mean you can forget that. Would have really killed the freeps in question to type back 'hi, you need to be lvl 95 here now, very quiet at the moment as Moors needs update, maybe best to come back later after patch and quest until you hit decent rank/grind pvp gear' or something similar? Don't know why I bother trying to play fair when so many freeps can't even be courteous to their own kind let alone their enemies.

  2. #2
    Freepside hasn't been as open as creepside since all the way back at launch. It's not uncommon for new players to find no groups whatsoever and it's unfortunately like this on every server.

  3. #3
    If i am on creep and anyone asks me for help, i always help it doesnt matter to me what rank ...
    U can ask fiuu I helped him as soon as he asked ( there are a lot more of these stories)
    When i came on freepside only greenedout helped the low ranks, and doing this he also got better on his champ.
    So their are also on freepside only not as much as on creepside IMO.

  4. #4
    The first few steps in pvp are crucial, and I can say from my own experience. I started playing monster play with reaver unlocked for f2p players, so I created one immediate after updating my client (the same reaver which I play atm). I was questing a bit and decided to buy an BA (I saw a uruk with a bow and jizzed in my pants). Mirtazg was created. A r0 nab BA with zero experience in pvp. We few kinies from freepside (including epic and later well recognized players like Lutz, Sanader and Sisgar) decided to go together to moors although we were nabs. We were r0-3. And then we saw on OOC creepraid random number/x. I think it was Gabort (known as Fraelin). We decided to give it a try. First thing I remember was he was teaching us to use RAT on Rockwhiters and other cows and then he sayed lets try this on freeps now. And then my first raid vs. raid. My jaws dropped on floor how epic it was. Then we were just lowranks following RAT and voice orders. We logged everyday and learned from Dodar, Elastoplasto, Shakuru, Gabort, Phakdush etc. how to fight against "evil" freeps. Nowdays I am mostly the highranked one and when I see a r1 BA running around asking stupid questions I always think: "this is me 3 years ago and now its our turn to be Elastoplasto". U have to feel the good vibes on OOC, inside tribe, group or raid to log in day-to-day. Without that I would probably just stick to the freepside PvE farmfest.
    Recap: Help new players

    PS english is my third language, I know it sucks

  5. #5
    Force freeps to group together? Hell no!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Gramsfoot
    Posts
    374
    That helping attitude died when RoI ended.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharvendall View Post
    That helping attitude died when RoI ended.
    We helped this guy too. He sucked as no other new BA there was. Look at him now.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    315
    Quote Originally Posted by Iluvatardd View Post
    We helped this guy too. He sucked as no other new BA there was. Look at him now.
    So... anything changed ?

  9. #9
    I ask questions all the time Creepside even if it were to get annoying. I was in a tribe for a while but most people haven't even come online for more than 8 or 9 days so I left them. Im a r3 reaver so not a whole lot of special behind me. I think I come online at the wrong hours or whatever but I have been trying to get raids finished and hunt freeps but a lot of the time either there are no freeps or more often there are no creeps that want to help. I need a tribe that actually has active people in it so I can continue to enjoy my time in the moors, especially since I am planning on being exclusive/near exclusive creep.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Gramsfoot
    Posts
    374
    Quote Originally Posted by Erilfin View Post
    exclusive/near exclusive creep.
    What do you mean by that?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Akrorgash View Post
    Saw this in the forums. Quite shocking really. Any explanations freepside? You had enough trouble in late RoR getting big enough fraids together because a lot of you don't get on, and this is how you treat newbies, can't even be bothered to reply to a tell?!

    Creepside treatment of newbies isn't perfect, but it is better I would say. You get a mix of those who are clearly not going to stick around and seem to possess about 8 brain cells and then there are those who are eager to learn and ask in ooc for help = I try my best to give these types lots of loot if I have some spare as well the the usual 'ignore freeps, quest, get maps, get auda, get skills and rank' advice. Its not much, but its something and a lot of other creeps are helpful like this too.

    Can't speak for freepside generally obviously, but this guy obviously IMed multiple freeps and only one bothered to reply and wasn't exactly helpful, although he/she was probably truthful. I understand you don't want newbies ruining your fraids/not following rat etc/easy defeat response for creeps but you could end up losing a great potential freep -> everyone is clueless and new when they start out. Just because you have shiny purple/green ranks doesn't mean you can forget that. Would have really killed the freeps in question to type back 'hi, you need to be lvl 95 here now, very quiet at the moment as Moors needs update, maybe best to come back later after patch and quest until you hit decent rank/grind pvp gear' or something similar? Don't know why I bother trying to play fair when so many freeps can't even be courteous to their own kind let alone their enemies.
    Usually new freeps learn what's happening on moors on their first steps from their kinm8s.. Although when someone asks something most of the times gets an answer back.

    About groups, when there were free spots many times new ones got invite.. As u remember creeps QQ about numbers made most freep raid leaders not to invite everyone on groups.
    Last edited by jivius; Nov 29 2013 at 10:19 AM.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharvendall View Post
    What do you mean by that?
    What I mean by that is I have gotten so bored with playing my lore master that the creepside even as dead as it can be is more appealing and I plan to spend a dedicated amount of time on my reaver until freeps interest me again

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by jivius View Post
    Usually new freeps learn what's happening on moors on their first steps from their kinm8s.. Although when someone asks something most of the times gets an answer back.

    About groups, when there were free spots many times new ones got invite.. As u remember creeps QQ about numbers made most freep raid leaders not to invite everyone on groups.
    Totally agreed here many times we came to moors and hear creeps say "they stacking so many healers" and then when we have only 1 healer --> Lavasioth <-- in group I went lol until the next week (even now). Creeps then go QQ crazy when we make some numbers against their 30+ creep side and then OUR RAID LEADERS says to stop at 12 for group and creeps never know how many times we have to say no to many of my friends in moors when we made a group. Times came when I invited anyone that asked for group and what happens after that fight, well creeps what you say then ? "they too many lets disband" So to say this from freep side if you not played here on the side the past 2 years is not to judge us but judge the whole PvP from both sides.

    Don't think you guys will see me in Moors soon as vacation time is here and going places without PC.

    Lavasioth

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Gramsfoot
    Posts
    374
    Quote Originally Posted by Erilfin View Post
    What I mean by that is I have gotten so bored with playing my lore master that the creepside even as dead as it can be is more appealing and I plan to spend a dedicated amount of time on my reaver until freeps interest me again
    Alright then, haha. When I read 'exclusive' I thought you would be making daily concerts and poker games around the campfire outside Grams
    Last edited by Tharvendall; Nov 30 2013 at 10:15 AM.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharvendall View Post
    Alright then, haha. When I read 'exclusive' I though you would be making daily concerts and poker games around the campfire outside Grams

    I would def play creep then!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Gramsfoot
    Posts
    374
    Quote Originally Posted by Leisch View Post
    I would def play creep then!
    I doubt that you would have a good time...

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Akrorgash View Post
    Saw this in the forums. Quite shocking really. Any explanations freepside? You had enough trouble in late RoR getting big enough fraids together because a lot of you don't get on, and this is how you treat newbies, can't even be bothered to reply to a tell?!

    Creepside treatment of newbies isn't perfect, but it is better I would say. You get a mix of those who are clearly not going to stick around and seem to possess about 8 brain cells and then there are those who are eager to learn and ask in ooc for help = I try my best to give these types lots of loot if I have some spare as well the the usual 'ignore freeps, quest, get maps, get auda, get skills and rank' advice. Its not much, but its something and a lot of other creeps are helpful like this too.

    Can't speak for freepside generally obviously, but this guy obviously IMed multiple freeps and only one bothered to reply and wasn't exactly helpful, although he/she was probably truthful. I understand you don't want newbies ruining your fraids/not following rat etc/easy defeat response for creeps but you could end up losing a great potential freep -> everyone is clueless and new when they start out. Just because you have shiny purple/green ranks doesn't mean you can forget that. Would have really killed the freeps in question to type back 'hi, you need to be lvl 95 here now, very quiet at the moment as Moors needs update, maybe best to come back later after patch and quest until you hit decent rank/grind pvp gear' or something similar? Don't know why I bother trying to play fair when so many freeps can't even be courteous to their own kind let alone their enemies.
    I have to say when I first went to Moors this is exactly what happened to me. There were some who would let me group with them..Kin mates, Leischo when he was lowish rank :-D and Rols but when I answered OCC asking for more freeps I never got a response, or told too low......until I was rank 5 with full aud gear.

    I had to virtually solo my way up to rank 5

    I had a really ###### rating of about 500 because I always got beaten up, but I am not one to cry about it so I just did the grind of questing (GOD I HATE GROTHUM NOW).

    Now I have rnk 8 RK rnk 4 Burg and rnk 5 hunt and rnk 4 WL and I have to say creepside was far more helpful for beginners than freepside IMO.

    When I log as creep, which is rare tbh, doesn't matter who is on they will often lend a hand on advice, tell me which corruption etc to go for, as I am clueless.

    But in Freep I have to say if your new and your not in DOH / PE or any other big Ettens kin you will not get invited into a raid/fellow.

    My 2ps worth

    Dony

  18. #18
    just for the record, since HD launch i introduced 2 new players to the moors and joined groups with lower ranks just to help them get better..
    anyway if you find the right time with the right ppl freepside is a nice place...maybe not like creepside but there are always ppl who are willing to help

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    289
    Let's leave blaming and fights behind. Turbine won't change anything atm so only people who play this game, can make things better.
    I remember 2 US lads who logged on creep side and were complaining about freep side community. Since they were new in Etten and without
    proper gear on their freeps, they were ignored and were running most of the time solo.

    They got kicked even from Fraid because as Raid Leader said "they not gonna inv noobs without gear and not gonna waste heals on them".
    When they started a creep side (we are not perfect, we have some rude guys too) they said they couldn't believe that they got into our
    raid/small group and people were responding to them with tips about classes etc.

    I know who led that time freep raids and who kicked those 2 lads but it doesn't matter now. What matter is, perhaps some people
    will give a chance for new players. After all we all were once "noobs" and new to pvp in Lotro. I agree with Haras that sometimes Creeps
    were QQ about freep numbers, but same goes for freeps. Many times there were many creeps around and just not enough freeps. And
    then freeps were leaving Etten. Fights on Forum began.

    "We" as a Creeps, most of the time we needed to be in groups or raids if freeps got group/raid too. Some of us (like myself) like to run solo.
    But those new players out there they need our help. It will cost nothing to respond/explain/give an advice to them for sure. And because of that
    perhaps we would get more people interested with PvP and more action going on in Etten.

    P.S About pack of healers on both sides ... it takes a minute just to switch to another class and move on.

    Cheers

    Ash
    Last edited by Grachuk; Dec 16 2013 at 10:01 AM.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    754
    Quote Originally Posted by Dony View Post
    I have to say when I first went to Moors this is exactly what happened to me. There were some who would let me group with them..Kin mates, Leischo when he was lowish rank :-D and Rols but when I answered OCC asking for more freeps I never got a response, or told too low......until I was rank 5 with full aud gear.

    I had to virtually solo my way up to rank 5

    I had a really ###### rating of about 500 because I always got beaten up, but I am not one to cry about it so I just did the grind of questing (GOD I HATE GROTHUM NOW).

    Now I have rnk 8 RK rnk 4 Burg and rnk 5 hunt and rnk 4 WL and I have to say creepside was far more helpful for beginners than freepside IMO.

    When I log as creep, which is rare tbh, doesn't matter who is on they will often lend a hand on advice, tell me which corruption etc to go for, as I am clueless.

    But in Freep I have to say if your new and your not in DOH / PE or any other big Ettens kin you will not get invited into a raid/fellow.

    My 2ps worth

    Dony

    I am still mainly soloing and I am rank 8, it has taken me 2 years to get there as a hunter, although I don't go to the moors every day.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload