We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

still like the game....

greetings fellow companions,

after all the end time szenarios.....

i still like lotro!
    is it the same game as we started 6 years ago! - of course not!

do i like the tree´s - certainly not! (personally, i think the guy´s responsible should be hanged!)

but nonetheless, its the only tolkien mmo out there!

to be honest, as long as it is here, i´ll be a paying customer...

greetings,

christian (maiar-server)

*cheer* Me too.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000241fb6/signature.png]Galaetea[/charsig]

"There will be no Dawn for Men" ~ Saruman the White

I look at LOTRO now as a reflection of Tolkien's books much as I see Santa's Village in The Simpsons as a reflection of Christmas. A sham and a parody that's designed to extract cash from the duped.

Pretty sure most of the goblins are just Estonian dwarfs in costumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Naithanion View Post

i still like lotro!

do i like the tree´s - certainly not! (personally, i think the guy´s responsible should be hanged!)

greetings,

christian (maiar-server)
    Same here. There are decisions that I'm not happy with, and I hate the problem with the music not playing in some zones, but this game rocks. I love this game.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Surrounded by familiar faces, worn out places... worn out places..
    Completely agree. I don't like the directions they have taken as of late (at least not all of them). However, when I think about the game and remember the hours I've spent just walking around looking at the landscape and screenshotting it, I remember it's all worth it. ^^
    [center][i]Do not trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.[/i][/center]
    [center][color=green][i]Easca could manipulate a bull through a mousehole and still make it think it did it all by itself.[/i][/color][/center]

The game is still a great game compared to some other MMOs. I like it I love it I want some more of it.
    Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue.

i still like lotro!

greetings,

christian (maiar-server)
    I personally loved tree traits but hey, just my opinion... and THANK YOU!!!
    You are one of the few people who didn't like tree traits but still are thankful to for the game.
    Good for you! *bows*
    To quote the swordsmen form SHC "I salute you!"

We need more people like you :/
    I use to wonder what friendship could be...
    Until you all shared this magic with me!

I like this thread!
    At least until some troll comes in and prophecises LOTROs doom.
    Withywindle characters-Caesaran (warden), Dernudan (Lore master)
    Brandywine characters- Dernudan (champion), Denthur (guardian), Delphinianic(captain)

Quote Originally Posted by Dernudan View Post
    I like this thread!
    At least until some troll comes in and prophecises LOTROs doom.
    Ignore the troll, I think he/she must be speaking of another MMO, one that shall not be named here! This is a really nice thread and I appreciate the OP for it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000241fb6/signature.png]Galaetea[/charsig]

"There will be no Dawn for Men" ~ Saruman the White

There truly never has been any gaming experience coming close to LOTRO for me.
    If anybody would have told me I'd be adhering to a single game for three years and still have a ton of things in my mind to do in game I would not have believed it.

The trait trees are far from perfect as of today. But how could they be? It took months to balance the classes after each single expansion - when the devs ususally just added or changed few skills. This time it will take longer but hey - the thing we will get is sure to be better than the situation before. For some classes it already is. They made room to add more New stuff. This implies the over-loaded system for som classes as before had to loose some parts. Did I cherish some? Certainly. Can't I enjoy the game without? Of course I can. Adapting to change is half the fun of it. It is like redefining oneself or ones chars. So for me: I love this change.

About over powered classes: it is difficult enough to find a raid for the 12 mans. So for me it's a big plus I can run them now with 6 or 8 from my small kinship and our allies. Expanded my range significantly. I use many more instances than before. 3 mans partly alone or with a pal, 6 mans with a group of 3 to 5 are still fun. So for me: just fine for the time being, even if some more challangeing content would be welcome - for the rare occasion we truly find 12 people.

The content, questing, landscape as of late: compare to trollshaws or misty mountains: quality improvement obvious for me.

The amount of bugs in HD: noteworthy low. I did not see one thing that truly harassed me, not even the BB bugs. Minor stuff imho. Which never really hurt me as I don't need to earn my engineer 160 points to have some sense of achievement.

So for me what's in the pipe for 2014 is just fine, excellent even. Revamping old areas? Perfect, my level 25 alt is waiting exactly for the fun of exploring them anew. If they match their performance on the moria revamp, I will be happy.

Maybe I am over-optimistic or easy to be satisfied, but I feel this thread is a long looked opportunity for many satisfied players to voice their opinion. Let the trolls have their dark lairs, but I strongly feel here is a hidden majority coming out to the open.

I still like the game.

Am I disappointed it? Yes, fairly often. Sometimes I think turbine is secretly part of the government and the only way they know for sure they are doing their jobs is if most of the people playing are upset about things....

My favorite areas of the game are still almost all before Moria. After Moria I like the Rohan areas. I actually enjoyed the idea behind hytbolt, rebuilding a town and seeing the changes. I didn't like the limited quests and decided to only complete on one character. I do like the idea of revamps for Trollshaws and Misty Mountains- very pretty and underused areas.

Still dislike big blunders, the siege weapons are kinda fun, but they make me sleepy. The class revamps....I appreciate the basic idea behind them but don't really care for most of the set ups on any of my toons but the Hunter. I like the idea of hybrid characters and so far it doesn't seem possible to do that effectively for pvmp. Pve is cake, pie, and punch at the moment. Way too easy for the most part.

I really would love to see a rift style new raid at some point, a bigger and redone pvmp map, and a thousand other things.
    A cosmos without the Doctor scarcely bears thinking about- The Master

Quote Originally Posted by Erandred View Post
    The amount of bugs in HD: noteworthy low.

From the 12.1 patch notes:

Of Special Note
    Update 12.1 features more than 600 bug fixes

It's great that you're incredibly easily satisfied, but no need to tell porkies.

Quote Originally Posted by HoldumDown View Post
    From the 12.1 patch notes:

Of Special Note
    Update 12.1 features more than 600 bug fixes

It's great that you're incredibly easily satisfied, but no need to tell porkies.
    600 - sounds like 590 more than I observed. Well I guess this figure is quite useless without being put into perspective. Any comparisons to other games? Former expansions?
    Well it's subjective anyway. None that bothered me really. And that is a fact beyond discussion. Lucky me .

i still like lotro!

greetings,

christian (maiar-server)
    Very interesting to see many people agreeing with a poster's comment that includes the execution of Turbine employees. I guess let your negative colours show...
    I will be a minority and disagree.