We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Is it posible to get kindered with Helimingas just by doing quests?

After finishing last quest in Hornburg i need around 5k to get kindered with Helmingas, so my question is, is that it or did i missed something?

Had the same thing, kill a few Warbands (there are a few fellow/raid ones that are quite easy to solo on a ranged) or turn in some Tasks.

Quote Originally Posted by mersoni View Post
    After finishing last quest in Hornburg i need around 5k to get kindered with Helmingas, so my question is, is that it or did i missed something?
    Short answer is no, just questing won't make it to kindred.

Nice to know beforehand, buy some rep accel tomes from the skirm camp. Now stuck with collecting items for and doing task turn ins. Warbands are not much of an answer for most as far as collecting rep/Westemnet coins. They reward far too little for the effort IMHO.
    [SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic]~In serving each other we become free~[/FONT][/SIZE]

thanks for letting know, how much rep do i need to gain with acceletors to become kindered?

You can also hand out some tasks for extra rep. +700 rep for either Eorlingas or Helmingas depending on item.

Doing all the quests in zone won't quite get you to kindred with Helmingas, but it gets you close enough that my first toon through hit kindred before finishing the quests, BECAUSE he was also doing warbands and tasks while questing. No accelerators, just a handful of tasks and a day or three of warbands was enough.

there's a lot of Helmingus quests off the beaten path that are easy to miss, I honestly believe you can hit kindred without rep accelerators if you don't skip them, things like the troll city, and Uruk/Dunlending camps at the Gap.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

Quote Originally Posted by Chefson View Post

Nice to know beforehand, buy some rep accel tomes from the skirm camp.

Don't waste any marks for useless tomes. You miss around 5k rep. That is 2-3 days of killing the 3 soloable warbands in the Westfold (the wargs, the trolls, the uruk with the slaves). The priestress with the spiders is soloable but just takes forever. If you have companions kill the spider woman and the orcs as well.

And btw: the Helmingas rep horse is just a lame copy of the other boring rep horses with a slightly different rug.
    I'm not saying let's go kill all the stupid people. ... I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

I had to pop a rep accelerator and do tasks to finish. I could have finished without the accelerator, but I had just farmed my 1000th skarn or with no emerald shard and I was tired of waiting for my 2nd age bow.

The Order of The Silver Flame - A fun, mature, helpful and friendly kin. Come join us on Silverlode!

Quote Originally Posted by Chefson View Post
    Short answer is no, just questing won't make it to kindred.

Nice to know beforehand, buy some rep accel tomes from the skirm camp. Now stuck with collecting items for and doing task turn ins. Warbands are not much of an answer for most as far as collecting rep/Westemnet coins. They reward far too little for the effort IMHO.
    the rewards are a lot better than wildermoore and ROR you should check them out I have gotten Teal heavy armor not to mention Warsteed Cosmetic sets.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000339569/01003/signature.png]Sanbor[/charsig]

I was 95 and kindred before I ran out of quests. I'd used one 5k rep accelerator, but probably finished close to enough quests to get kindred even if I hadn't used it. I'd also turned in about 12 Helmingas tasks and done maybe 3 warbands? You'll be close at least, even without accelerators.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN: Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10 + alts CRICKHOLLOW: Moochy, 21 Minstrel

Quote Originally Posted by Leixy View Post
    there's a lot of Helmingus quests off the beaten path that are easy to miss, I honestly believe you can hit kindred without rep accelerators if you don't skip them, things like the troll city, and Uruk/Dunlending camps at the Gap.
    You can get kindred with Eorlingas by doing quests only (and quite easily, I might add), but if you don't do warbands or tasks, you cannot get kindred with Helmlingas even if you do ALL landscape quests there is. Cannot remember the exact amount you are short from kindred, but around 2 days worth of tasks was enough to get kindred.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilean-EU View Post
    You can get kindred with Eorlingas by doing quests only (and quite easily, I might add), but if you don't do warbands or tasks, you cannot get kindred with Helmlingas even if you do ALL landscape quests there is. Cannot remember the exact amount you are short from kindred, but around 2 days worth of tasks was enough to get kindred.
    I did every quest along the way... with a few Warbands here and there while traveling to quest areas... and I ended with 28,200/30,000. All I did at that point was wait until the next day and do a quick run of Warbands to get me to Kindred.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

I did every regular quest I could find, but did no warbands nor used rep accelerators, and ended up needing 3600 rep, (which equals 12 tasks). Along the way I was collecting every task item that could be used for Helmingas rep, but a lot of them I never even got 10 of. If bag space is at a premium just keep all the Shattered Hatchets for tasks, as these dropped the most while I was questing.

The breakdown of quest rep I got:
    Stonedeans: 37,700
    Westfold: 43,700