We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Captains Grave wound

Why does it seem that I can't find this skill anywhere. It's not trainable and I couldn't find it in any of the skill trees. Someone please help me

Quote Originally Posted by Trista86 View Post
    Why does it seem that I can't find this skill anywhere. It's not trainable and I couldn't find it in any of the skill trees. Someone please help me
    Could it be because the icon change to improved grave wound? It looks like a double bladed axe.

Quote Originally Posted by darkelder12 View Post
    Could it be because the icon change to improved grave wound? It looks like a double bladed axe.
    Yup, Improved Grave Wound will replace Grave Wound

No I'm not high enough level to train improved grave wound yet. It's not in my skill list or in any of my quickslots either.

That's bizarre, it's one of our auto-granted skills that we get regardless of traits. It's definitely not on your skill panel?
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

Nope I guess I should file a bug report.

Without wishing to tell you anything obvious you might have already checked but have you checked to see if it is listed in the Skills tab under your character page?

It may have simply been accidentally deleted from your hotbar?

I've looked there too, but I simply cannot find the skill.

Is there a Grave wound skill before the improved version still? This may be what is confusing me.

Quote Originally Posted by Trista86 View Post
    Is there a Grave wound skill before the improved version still? This may be what is confusing me.
    There is. It becomes available at level 42, and needs to be learned from the class trainer (unless that whole learning part changed with Helm's Deep, I'm not 100% sure).

So if you're not 42 yet, it may not be available to you. Though the level behind which the skill is gated may have changed too.
    Last edited by Bezmer; Nov 27 2013 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bezmer View Post
    There is. It becomes available at level 42, and needs to be learned from the class trainer (unless that whole learning part changed with Helm's Deep, I'm not 100% sure).

So if you're not 42 yet, it may not be available to you. Though the level behind which the skill is gated may have changed too.
    If it takes until 42 to get either grave wound skills then they need to change it since theres 2-3 traits that improve grave wound at this point.

The skill that is learned at level 42 is Improved Grave Wound. Grave Wound itself is not to be found anywhere that I have searched which has been everywhere. I filed a bug report.

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    ...Are you high enough level for it to be bestowed automatically?
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Bezmer View Post
    Skills are autobestowed upon reaching a certain level, so, at 42, you won't have to see a trainer to get Grave Wound.

Quote Originally Posted by robbie1435 View Post
    Skills are autobestowed upon reaching a certain level, so, at 42, you won't have to see a trainer to get Grave Wound.
    I repeat . . . the skill at level 42 is IMPROVED Grave Wound.

Note that Sapience mentions Grave Wound (not Improved) in the patch notes, so there is such a thing. However, at least some of us are missing it. By the way, my level 47 has the Improved Grave Wound, but my level 39 does not have the base Grave Wound.

Quote Originally Posted by WindDancer13 View Post
    I repeat . . . the skill at level 42 is IMPROVED Grave Wound.

Note that Sapience mentions Grave Wound (not Improved) in the patch notes, so there is such a thing. However, at least some of us are missing it. By the way, my level 47 has the Improved Grave Wound, but my level 39 does not have the base Grave Wound.
    I think they might have taken out the regular Grave Wound.... It's odd that most cappies under 42 don't have any version of it.

RockX is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Team
    Turbine, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by robbie1435 View Post
    I think they might have taken out the regular Grave Wound.... It's odd that most cappies under 42 don't have any version of it.
    Correct. Basic Grave Wound was removed, and Imp. was given in its place. I must not have updated the name.

Quote Originally Posted by RockX View Post
    Correct. Basic Grave Wound was removed, and Imp. was given in its place. I must not have updated the name.
    This makes sense. And yes, the name is definitely not updated -- we still have Improved Grave Wound.

Quote Originally Posted by RockX View Post
    Having the incorrect name is very confusing. I know I spent a lot of time looking for Grave Wound, especially as Grievous Wound that requires Grave Wound shows up in the trait line early (well before someone would be 42).

It is the miss named skill and the fact that in "Leader of Men" Trait tree I can pick up "Demand Attention" seven levels before I can get "Improved Grave Wound". I thought I was going insane. I have been looking for Grave Wound everywhere.

If I can get an improved version at lv 42 and I have a trait that improves the "regular" Grave Wound, surely I am missing something? At least that was my thought process until I read this thread.

I will start a new thread, but there is a bug with "Noble Mark". If I start a fight with it while I am out of combat, I never draw my weapon. This is for 1H or 2H weapons.

Yeah, Grave Wound should be granted so that it's within a few levels of wherever that is on the LoM tree, assuming someone is leveling LoM specced (not recommended, but hey, whatever floats your boat).
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Also, I filed a bug report but the grave digger deed does not advance with Improved Grave wound - it is still requiring the now non-existent Grave Wound(Basic).