We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Breaking the Back of the Boar

I've been unable to turn in the quest, 'Breaking the Back of the Boar' in Beaconwatch. Cuthing's ring is bright orange-gold, but the 'finish now' button is greyed out, no matter what quest reward I select. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I've been trying for a few days now... checking each day when I log in.

if you hover over the finish now button you can see they have the quest temporarily disabled.

I know there is at least one issue with the quest where players get stuck as soon as they enter the open area for the bossfight (I was one of those players).
    [B][URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?385713-Kinship-Revamp-Proposal"][COLOR=#ed2669]A vote for the kinship revamp proposal is a vote for progress! Vote today![/COLOR][/URL][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Kalderic View Post
    if you hover over the finish now button you can see they have the quest temporarily disabled.

I know there is at least one issue with the quest where players get stuck as soon as they enter the open area for the bossfight (I was one of those players).
    Is this problem still there?

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    Is this problem still there?
    I ran a couple of characters through it in the last two days with no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by whheydt View Post
    I ran a couple of characters through it in the last two days with no problems.
    I was stuck in a loop of dread/cower and managed to Leave Instance via character portrait. Re-entering got the loop back, until 5th try it worked and I got to defeat that npc. Then I was stuck in a loop again, but this time I only needed to exit once using that portrait thing. It was hard to do, I had to Resist an effect every few seconds and if I didn't Resist, the action to leave was cancelled.

Strange. Kinmate and I did the Eastfold quests in question just a day or two ago without a problem.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/102 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    Strange. Kinmate and I did the Eastfold quests in question just a day or two ago without a problem.
    It could be related to server side lag, Brandywine has lately seen some strange delays on many things.

It could be related to server side lag, Brandywine has lately seen some strange delays on many things.
    Could be sometime on specific servers. I'm over on Riddermark and have never put a toenail inside Brandy's door. xD

It is available now - just went there and found the ring!
    Last edited by MaestroJack; Dec 19 2013 at 05:01 PM.
    . Montras (Main - Hunter 95); Goswen (Minstrel - 95): Monntras (Captain - 21) ; Amtu (Black Arrow R8) Aa' menle nauva calen ar' ta hwesta e' ale'quenle

I was stuck in a loop of dread/cower and managed to Leave Instance via character portrait. Re-entering got the loop back, until 5th try it worked and I got to defeat that npc. Then I was stuck in a loop again, but this time I only needed to exit once using that portrait thing. It was hard to do, I had to Resist an effect every few seconds and if I didn't Resist, the action to leave was cancelled.
    I had same problem but even relog or leaving and entering instance didnt help. I canceled quest and did it again and then it passed no problems. But I noticed something first time I entered instance I got problems when I used hope potion, and second time I didnt have any hope token effect on me.

Did you had on you effect of hope token? Maybe this couses problems?

I did it on my captain last night. I didn't even know this quest existed when I ran through the first time on my hunter.

The Order of The Silver Flame - A fun, mature, helpful and friendly kin. Come join us on Silverlode!

I had problems on my hunter (Gilrain) with this quest a couple of days ago. Boss disappeared but I collected the item from the totem. Each time I went near the exit I went into cower mode. So I left the instance via the orc cave entrance hoping to reset it, but then it wouldn't let me back in (at the time I assumed it was because I'd collected the totem item) but at that point I had to log off for the day.
    Next day I could re-enter the instance, but the boss disappeared again during the fight. I was about to raise a ticket but relogged just to see what happened. The boss had reappeared and this time he let me kill him. I had no issues turning the quest in.

Altogether quite frustrating but in the end it only took me 2-3 tries to complete the quest. I'd had no issues on my captain the first time I did it.
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][CENTER][COLOR=#ffff00]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [/FONT][/SIZE]

I experimented with the perma-dread thing. Resetting the instance by cancelling and reaccepting the quest seems almost a requirement. If I stand still while fighting, it works like a charm. If I move around, it bugs instantly. It may be coincidence, but it's what I experienced.

I don't know if anything is broken, but I entered the cave. Killed the boss. first time I didn't notice the "pickup the boar skull" thing until I had left the cave via the shortcut on the other side of where the boss stood. Fought my way back, boss was green and nothing to pick up. I eventually ditched the quest since it was not epic.

Just now, I had another character doing the same thing. Killed the boss, but remembering what happened before, have been looking for the boar skull that I am supposed to pick up. NOTHING to pick up. I have run all over the area and found nothing.

It may be that the quest no longer requires the retrieval of the boar's head but the quest text has not been updated. I'll see if that is true. The second character is a burglar so can move relatively unimpeded by any denizens of the forests.

ETA: I found another quest Securing the Vengance that activated the boar's head to be picked up. THEN, when you finish that one, the one to kill the boar chief updates. The wording of defeat the boar's chief had led me to forget that since I don't always finish every quest as I complete them that it gets hidden in the Quest (I forget what it is but it tells you when you have completed quests to finish and new quests) because it just gets added to the list of available quests.

At least I know what I did wrong. The other character is a warden so it is only a bit of a pain to fight my way back into the place.
    Last edited by fezzick; May 25 2014 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Figured it out

both quests

Quote Originally Posted by fezzick View Post
    I don't know if anything is broken, but I entered the cave. Killed the boss. first time I didn't notice the "pickup the boar skull" thing until I had left the cave via the shortcut on the other side of where the boss stood. Fought my way back, boss was green and nothing to pick up. I eventually ditched the quest since it was not epic.

Just now, I had another character doing the same thing. Killed the boss, but remembering what happened before, have been looking for the boar skull that I am supposed to pick up. NOTHING to pick up. I have run all over the area and found nothing.

It may be that the quest no longer requires the retrieval of the boar's head but the quest text has not been updated. I'll see if that is true. The second character is a burglar so can move relatively unimpeded by any denizens of the forests.

ETA: I found another quest Securing the Vengance that activated the boar's head to be picked up. THEN, when you finish that one, the one to kill the boar chief updates. The wording of defeat the boar's chief had led me to forget that since I don't always finish every quest as I complete them that it gets hidden in the Quest (I forget what it is but it tells you when you have completed quests to finish and new quests) because it just gets added to the list of available quests.

At least I know what I did wrong. The other character is a warden so it is only a bit of a pain to fight my way back into the place.
    the prob is you go through cave and out other side to another instance, with Pakon and naguzul, so is annoying only found out on 4th time.