We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Sometimes I wonder

Sometimes I wonder...

Why is it that, I can mine full emeralds from nodes all the time, but the rare and valuable drop is just a shard.
    Why, if mithril is the most rare and valuable metal, are mithril flakes only a mid tier crit item.
    Why is it possible to find shards, crests or Rohan, and flakes in some crops that you grew and harvested yourself.
    Why are wood nodes just fallen branches, even where there are no trees around. (Shouldn't the nodes be more like saplings)
    Why are mining nodes named so generically, (Khazad skarn, eastemnet skarn, westemnet skarn, etc) but wood nodes reflect actual wood types.
    Why are cooks guild recipes just useless tea with horrendous cooldowns? Is there nothing else that a guilded cook can do? (Maybe some warsteed food?)
    Why is the t9 scholar dye just a boring shade of brown? Did they run out of colors?
    Will the last tier of mining have us mining full mithril nodes? Mithril being the best metal.
    What would be the last tier of wood? Or crop? Or hide?

Just some things I wonder about, regarding lotro crafting....

Meh maybe it's just me

Tier 6 is Mithril Flake, I wouldn't be surprised if Mithril Shard was end tier teal.

If you follow history, the Yew tree makes the best bow. I don't know enough about Yew wood to make a call there. I know we have Black Ash but in nature there is also a white Ash and there are several species of Birch. All of them different in terms of their use. I'd make an axe handle out of white birch. A yellow is just too stringy and would splinter. Point, wood as they have tiered it still has break down potential.

I have no idea where they will go with hides. That one is up in the air for Middle Earth beast lore.

Random thoughts.

Why is it that, I can mine full emeralds from nodes all the time, but the rare and valuable drop is just a shard.
    Made this observation in 2007 with sapphire, ruby, adamant, and especially beryl shards.

Why, if mithril is the most rare and valuable metal, are mithril flakes only a mid tier crit item.

Give them credit though, there was no Mithril ore being mined!

Why is it possible to find shards, crests or Rohan, and flakes in some crops that you grew and harvested yourself.
    Left over from days gone by, finally working its way to the surface. This is by far the most reasonable craft related oddity!

Why are wood nodes just fallen branches, even where there are no trees around. (Shouldn't the nodes be more like saplings)
    Well I was a bit confused why there were no wood nodes in Forochel, seems like a dead limb could be dragged and left there, did it really need to fall from a tree?

Why are mining nodes named so generically, (Khazad skarn, eastemnet skarn, westemnet skarn, etc) but wood nodes reflect actual wood types.
    There ARE more possibilities with wood names. After Iron and Steel made from Iron, there is just not much diversity in good metal. Bronze is far inferior to any ferrous metal and the other metals are used in jewelry. Titanium? Adamantium?

Why are cooks guild recipes just useless tea with horrendous cooldowns? Is there nothing else that a guilded cook can do? (Maybe some warsteed food?)
    I could go for mount food that adds an extra 5% to mount speed, but does not stack on a +68% (or better) steed.

Why is the t9 scholar dye just a boring shade of brown? Did they run out of colors?
    Apparently.

Will the last tier of mining have us mining full mithril nodes? Mithril being the best metal.

See above!

Their naming convention on even mundane trophy items lacks any cohesion or creativity. How is anything ripped from a corpse "Glamorous"?

There are lots of wood varieties left. I would like a tier 11 lute made with Spruce top and Ebony fingerboard. Hides? "Fricken Awesome Hide" is likely to be the best tier. Crops? They could start naming crops like ore nodes, Gondorian Tomato, Mordorian Onion etc.
    Last edited by Dotlbeme; Feb 25 2014 at 10:35 AM.
    Kinships: Fifth Star Vagabonds on Crickhollow (Dotswith); Random Access on Arkenstone (Dottiel)

Quote Originally Posted by GSO86 View Post
    Why is there so much hate for brown? A lot of people happen to like earth tones.

There are a lot more types of trees, vegetables and fruits. I always thought it was stupid they named the original 5 tiers of hides as they did, because they limited themselves very early on.

On the skarn issue, they could've renamed them all and been pretty much accurate... accurate to geological nomenclature that is..

http://www.science.smith.edu/departm...boutskarn.html, #Au Cu, Fe, Mo, Sn, W, and Zn-Pb skarn deposits