We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Crafting Journals for single use recipes-where are they?

So I will keep looking and I did scroll down a bit swearing I have asked before, but where are Journal recipes? I used to get them from either a Skirm vendor or the Store, maybe a rep faction vendor, or 4, but now taking an alt through Moria, I am needing tonnes of Supreme Journals. I just don't recall how I was able to "click, click...for a stack of 5 recipes and make journals.

Oh the alt journey, like, this is it! I don't need to store x, y anymore. And then a hobbit wants to see the world.

Most people that I know of do not bother with the journals for Supreme level. What they do when leveling a new character is:

1) They produce the guild emblems they need ahead of time. Run guild recipes. That way the gear is ready when your character reaches the correct level.

2) They ask their friends to run the guild recipes. Each friend makes one or more pieces for them.

3) You can buy 100% critical chance scrolls in the Lotro Store. I think this idea is a waste unless you are doing level cap gear.

The scrolls require butchering massive numbers of humanoid mobs of the correct level. Stuff lives in Moria, Lothlorien, Mirkwood and Endewaith should be the correct level. You might find on the humanoids in Southern Eregion - 51+.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Thank you, Yula. Very much, but each of my alts have a max guild, but not always the craft I need. For example, my Cook is in the Cook guild and can use guild repasts for max food. But, for jewellery he needs single use recipes and journals. Same with my Scholar, he is fine with guild patterns, but for weaponsmith he needs journals to crit on the single use weapons.

So...are Journal recipes too hars to find?

Quote Originally Posted by Schmidster View Post
    So...are Journal recipes too hars to find?
    Yes, they are.
    Journals, from all tiers, are crafted by Scholars. From single-use recipes. That include the Shard/Flake/Crest/etc that all single-use recipes cost.

But, you're completely missing the point.

Do NOT craft single-use recipes for Weapons/Jeweller. Join the Weapons/Jeweller guilds. They guilds have recipes that produce crit-versions of your single-use recipes.
    Compare lvl 58 Jewellery to lvl 58 Guild Jewellery.

T6 Journal recipes are rare landscape drops. T7 and T8 (and probably T9) Journal recipes come from reputation vendors. T5 and below they can come from landscape drops, reputation vendors and bounty quests.
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more

I don't want to come out of this wrongly, but some how I was able to acquire multiple journal recipes, ie. To make the Turtle Shell bracelt, an ingredient required is Journal. And yes, a flake, etc. I am aware of crafting ingredients. I am also not giving up my cook guild to switch to Jeweller so I can make temporary pieces.

I think it was the store, but they are no longer available.

Journal recipes still drop regularly, but with approximately 40 possible options from a single supreme scholar scroll case, finding the desired one may prove rather difficult. In my experience, they do not sell well on the Auction House so I vendor them.

Algraig, Gray company, Galadhrim, maybe Malledhrim and Iron Garrison Miners hand out scrolls for scholar but as said, you might be a hundred years getting Journal types specific to what you want. Scholar wasn't given them as a guild recipe and it is an aggravation factor because all other singles went to guild. A Jeweler can make a ring or a bracelet on the fly if they have the guild token but if you didn't plan it a week in advance you wait for the other side. Second ring, bracelet and earring or keep two Jewelers on hand. It's fine for alts where you can plan but for requests it's not so useful.

Long story short, Scholar got left out and my stacks of guild rep items are a testament to it.

OK, so I finally got to my computer and looked up old emails from Turbine purchases.

They were in the store for 120 TPs each. That was back around November, but now it tells me there is nothing available for me. Maybe an attempt to craft less crits, or push players into multiple toon/craft guild positions? Anyways, it was nice to just buy 10 journal recipes and fire away at single use recipes.

I shall carry on! (The advice for crafting was nice, but I have always been an avid crafter and understand the system, I just could not remember/figure out how I was able to get so many of them).

I just checked the store earlier today on my scholar & there were T6 journal recipes available for 300tp each.

Are you checking the store on a T6+ scholar toon?

My Scholar is maxed, I will look more closely in the store this weekend. But tonight it was basically "no soup for you!". I have alot of "Already Known", journal recipes, but I used to stack them off and rifle through a bunch, the crit ingredients from Skirm camps were easy enough.

I did check different tiers, there was nothing for me. I am fine here, peace out