We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Does vault space carry over to new house????

So after the update I decided to move 3 of my deluxe houses to the same neighborhood as my Kin house, I had already emptied storage in case of a problem during update and so I could make up my mind if I wanted to pay the new storage costs. (wasn't sure if the storage I had already purchased would be grandfathered in or we would have to re-buy it all. So once they fixed the problem with storage I decided to keep my houses/storage I had already paid for but I wanted to move my houses as I said earlier...when I abandoned/re-bought the first house, all went well and I had all my storage and my decorations all went to the new storage when I opened it. A few bound items went to alts escrow accounts. No Problem. The next house I abandoned/re-bought, I had 15 of my original vault space but had to re-buy all the rest up to the 60 you can buy with in game gold...and the same happened with the next house as well, so HERE"S THE REAL QUESTION: DOES OUR HOUSE VAULT SPACE TRAVEL WITH US WHEN WE BUY A NEW HOUSE? I thought I had read somewhere with the implementation of space being able to be purchased with mithril coins that our space would travel with us if we decided to change housing areas. I have searched the forums and can't find this info anywhere now. I know personally if it doesn't then I sure wont be buying any space with mithril coins. I called Turbine and they werent able to find that answer for me so they recommended I ask here in hopes that someone might have an answer for me

Ps I have been playing 5+ yrs. I am aware that vault space did not carry over prior to HD, I have moved a couple times already..lol but we didnt have to use MITHRIL COIN to buy space then. ;0
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000022bbb9/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Care1369 View Post
    So after the update I decided to move 3 of my deluxe houses to the same neighborhood as my Kin house, I had already emptied storage in case of a problem during update and so I could make up my mind if I wanted to pay the new storage costs. (wasn't sure if the storage I had already purchased would be grandfathered in or we would have to re-buy it all. So once they fixed the problem with storage I decided to keep my houses/storage I had already paid for but I wanted to move my houses as I said earlier...when I abandoned/re-bought the first house, all went well and I had all my storage and my decorations all went to the new storage when I opened it. A few bound items went to alts escrow accounts. No Problem. The next house I abandoned/re-bought, I had 15 of my original vault space but had to re-buy all the rest up to the 60 you can buy with in game gold...and the same happened with the next house as well, so HERE"S THE REAL QUESTION: DOES OUR HOUSE VAULT SPACE TRAVEL WITH US WHEN WE BUY A NEW HOUSE? I thought I had read somewhere with the implementation of space being able to be purchased with mithril coins that our space would travel with us if we decided to change housing areas. I have searched the forums and can't find this info anywhere now. I know personally if it doesn't then I sure wont be buying any space with mithril coins. I called Turbine and they werent able to find that answer for me so they recommended I ask here in hopes that someone might have an answer for me

Ps I have been playing 5+ yrs. I am aware that vault space did not carry over prior to HD, I have moved a couple times already..lol but we didnt have to use MITHRIL COIN to buy space then. ;0
    If you read the housing chest changes thread you will see that I tested changing houses during beta and storage does carry over.

Ok THianks

Quote Originally Posted by PKCrichton View Post
    If you read the housing chest changes thread you will see that I tested changing houses during beta and storage does carry over.
    Ok I didnt see that, but I can tell you for sure it didnt carry over for me on 2 of my houses when I changed so I would caution others to wait a bit if they have a move in mind and I will report my issue as a a bug! Thanks again for the answer...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000022bbb9/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Ok I didnt see that, but I can tell you for sure it didnt carry over for me on 2 of my houses when I changed so I would caution others to wait a bit if they have a move in mind and I will report my issue as a a bug! Thanks again for the answer...
    Interesting... I explicitly tested this in one of the builds and it carried over... You might put in a ticket asking about this.

****Update I've amended the House Chest Storage thread to put this issue into question. Could we get a Blue Name to please comment on this?

****Update 2. Asking around on Landroval and people have moved houses and had their storage space retained.
    Last edited by PKCrichton; Nov 25 2013 at 10:42 PM.

I just checked it out, and for me it did indeed carry over with a full vault.

Care1369--the issue may be that you emptied your vaults. A few friends and I completely lost the storage we'd purchased prior to the update, and it seems that the lack of items in the vault was the problem (these were for recently purchased houses, I do not know if that is relevant). Was your purchased storage space there in both houses before the move?

No matter what, I hope you have bugged it and send a support ticket online for both accounts. I was unable to get assistance in game or out, but if the reports come in they will be aware of this issue.
    Rosalie from Crickhollow's Second Breakfast
    Community events reporter at http://lotroplayers.com
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Visit http://secondbreakfast.guildlaunch.com & http://crickhollowmusic.guildlaunch.com
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Second Breakfast's weekly events--Fridays 9pm: Bread & Jam at the Prancing Pony
    Saturdays 1pm: Breakfast Club plays at Bree-town's South Gate
    Saturdays 4:30pm: Dulcet Tones play at the fountain in front of the Pony
    Sundays at 11am and Mondays at 11pm: Elevenses at the Bird & Baby
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Find out about the kinships of Crickhollow at crickhollowkins.tumblr.com
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Housing Storage Issues

Quote Originally Posted by yossalu View Post
    I just checked it out, and for me it did indeed carry over with a full vault.

Care1369--the issue may be that you emptied your vaults. A few friends and I completely lost the storage we'd purchased prior to the update, and it seems that the lack of items in the vault was the problem (these were for recently purchased houses, I do not know if that is relevant). Was your purchased storage space there in both houses before the move?

No matter what, I hope you have bugged it and send a support ticket online for both accounts. I was unable to get assistance in game or out, but if the reports come in they will be aware of this issue.
    Yes I had bought all storage on all houses I owned, but I also emptied all my stuff into alts just before update just in case I decided not to keep houses after HD release. Houses that were fully decorated (which put 30+ items into escrow) carried their storage over, but a couple were fairly new, not completely decorated and those are the ones I had to re-buy all my storage on (which was a little over 300g). I have put in tickets on each ad bugged as well, but I doubt Turbine will reimburse for just game gold. If I had used mithril coins to upgrade storage I would definitely be more upset...

Yes I had bought all storage on all houses I owned, but I also emptied all my stuff into alts just before update just in case I decided not to keep houses after HD release. Houses that were fully decorated (which put 30+ items into escrow) carried their storage over, but a couple were fairly new, not completely decorated and those are the ones I had to re-buy all my storage on (which was a little over 300g). I have put in tickets on each ad bugged as well, but I doubt Turbine will reimburse for just game gold. If I had used mithril coins to upgrade storage I would definitely be more upset...
    Right there is your issue. There is a BUG that if items were not in storage even if you bought the storage pre HD that the storage space would be lost. You need to bug and put in a support ticket. I had this happen on a FTP account of mine.

Thanks for the HELP all! Much Appreciated!!!