We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Post i Mac - Bootcamp - Wireless Mic need help!

Greetings, I'm call Ardy short for Ardith and Ardithiel my main character. I'm not at all tech savvy and this may not be a major tech question at all but I need your help.....
    ?My question is ?......Can someone please suggest a good comfortable and dependable wireless Headset w/Mic for under $100?
    My computer information;
    i Mac 27" running LOTRO in/on Boot-camp? Right now I'm using a hand-me-down Bose headset great sound but no mic. Please feel free to to direct me in the right direction or request addition info. ? Is there by chance a " i Mac Forum" for people like me running Windows 7 on an i Mac game with Boot-Camp?
    Thanks in advance for any suggestion you can give. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ardith View Post
    Greetings, I'm call Ardy short for Ardith and Ardithiel my main character. I'm not at all tech savvy and this may not be a major tech question at all but I need your help.....
    ?My question is ?......Can someone please suggest a good comfortable and dependable wireless Headset w/Mic for under $100?
    My computer information;
    i Mac 27" running LOTRO in/on Boot-camp? Right now I'm using a hand-me-down Bose headset great sound but no mic. Please feel free to to direct me in the right direction or request addition info. ? Is there by chance a " i Mac Forum" for people like me running Windows 7 on an i Mac game with Boot-Camp?
    Thanks in advance for any suggestion you can give. :-)
    Virtually any Bluetooth (i.e. wireless) headset will (should) work -if Windows supports it.

I suspect there are many other "gaming" headsets out there, which should be "easy fits" in your situation.

Remember, you are NOT RUNNING an iMac with OSX; but running a Windows machine (Boot-camp is a pure Windows environment) you should be able to use any Headset that works with Windows, as you will be installing the appropriate Windows drivers for that headset.

As for forums -- you won't find any at LOTRO, but other "mac" forums may have a "boot-camp" section. Such as at apple.com/support
    Bill Magill Mac Player
    (OTG)
    Val - Man Minstrel (90)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (105)
    Valanne - Beorning (90)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
    Valhad - Elf LM (65)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (86)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (70)
    Valanne - Beorning (92)
    Ninth - Man Warden (65)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Valamar View Post
    Virtually any Bluetooth (i.e. wireless) headset will (should) work -if Windows supports it.

I suspect there are many other "gaming" headsets out there, which should be "easy fits" in your situation.

Remember, you are NOT RUNNING an iMac with OSX; but running a Windows machine (Boot-camp is a pure Windows environment) you should be able to use any Headset that works with Windows, as you will be installing the appropriate Windows drivers for that headset.

As for forums -- you won't find any at LOTRO, but other "mac" forums may have a "boot-camp" section. Such as at apple.com/support
    Thank you so much for the information and taking the time to reply. You explanation does clear up some of my confusion. :-)