We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Brockbridge and Gapholt - how to open?

I had enough fun getting the broadacres to open up. Anyone know what I'm missing? I'm max level, all epics done, I've completed (as far as I can tell) all the hubs in broadacres, Woodhurst, Grimslade, HD, so on and so on... I must've missed something, but I'm not sure what stupid little landscape or directional quest to open up these hubs to play. HELP PLEASE!
    "Arise, arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spears shall be shaken! Shields be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now, ride now! Ride to Gondor!" - King Theoden

Quote Originally Posted by dr_doogie_md View Post
    I had enough fun getting the broadacres to open up.
    Define "open up".
    Anyone know what I'm missing? I'm max level, all epics done, I've completed (as far as I can tell) all the hubs in broadacres, Woodhurst, Grimslade, HD, so on and so on... I must've missed something, but I'm not sure what stupid little landscape or directional quest to open up these hubs to play. HELP PLEASE!
    The Stonedeans quest chain starts in woodhurst, then to brockbridge, then to white hand camp, then to grapholt and back to woodhurst to finish up and get a skill point.

Having a similar issue, ive completed what i thought was all quests in helms deep and the surrounding area, tunrs out im missing some boss fight quests that are in the general landscape, and have not been directed to some quest areas others are fighting in, certain camps etc etc.....totally stuck and the gms are completely useless sending me messages that they cant tell me where ive missed a quest line, piss poor imo....:-(

Me too! It's really starting to piss me off! As soon as I finished the quests in Woodhurst, I was put int eh Epic quests at Helms Deep! I totally cant find the quests for Brockbridge, et all!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/13213000000075c95/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Total number of level 75 mobs killed: 5558. keys & Lootboxes:0

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    Define "open up".
    The Stonedeans quest chain starts in woodhurst, then to brockbridge, then to white hand camp, then to grapholt and back to woodhurst to finish up and get a skill point.
    Open up. Like there was only a few quests, then I found out I had missed some landscape quest. When that was done more quests "opened up" in Stoke and onto other areas like Torsbury.

I did the woodhurst stuff, and the epic sent me to Brockbridge, but then nothing else appeared. I was simply sent to HD. I did a bunch of stuff there and in Marton, and later had Grimslade open to quests.
    "Arise, arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spears shall be shaken! Shields be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now, ride now! Ride to Gondor!" - King Theoden

Quote Originally Posted by Evvis View Post
    Having a similar issue,
    Quote Originally Posted by OVH View Post
    Me too!
    List your completed quests and I'll compare it to mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_doogie_md View Post
    I did the woodhurst stuff, and the epic sent me to Brockbridge,
    And, that's what you did wrong.

If you "did the woodhurst stuff", then both the Epic and non-Epic quests would have sent you to Brockbridge.
    If you have not gotten the non-Epic quest to go to Brockbridge, it's because you have not done all the non-Epic quests in woodhurst.

So yes I did find one quest I missed, for some reason on the mini-map the quest icon wasn't showing, but it sent me off.

Thanks for the help.... this forced direction for questing, while nice for some of the story, is very frustrating at multiple points!

List your completed quests and I'll compare it to mine.
    And, that's what you did wrong.

If you "did the woodhurst stuff", then both the Epic and non-Epic quests would have sent you to Brockbridge.
    If you have not gotten the non-Epic quest to go to Brockbridge, it's because you have not done all the non-Epic quests in woodhurst.
    Well mine are all back to front now, im kindred with helmingas and completed the book and all quests i think, only one im missing is this quest to do the epic bosses like the shrine guardian.....any ideas where that can be found ????

Well mine are all back to front now, im kindred with helmingas and completed the book and all quests i think, only one im missing is this quest to do the epic bosses like the shrine guardian.....any ideas where that can be found ????
    At the Camp-site west of Stokes. From the guys who send you to fight in Torsbury.

Regards
    /T
    Dawarad HNT | Dawadan MIN | Dawfast CMP | Dawaran CPT | Dawmur GRD | Dawared WRD | Dawagrim RK | Dawaras LM | Daweric BRG | Dawagar MIN | Dawarar CMP | Dawnakh WRG | Dawbag BA | Dawgil WVR | Dawglob WL |

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias_R View Post
    At the Camp-site west of Stokes. From the guys who send you to fight in Torsbury.

Regards
    /T
    Yeah funny cos this is one of the lines i have missed, so have no quest at the site, or to go to the camp site, and no clue where to get it :-(

EDIT

So finally figured it out, this game is bugged to hell, after riding around for about 2-3 hours of game time i came across a camp i had been to outside oserley, where i had previously been sent to kill some brigands, only this time by i was given another quest that has now opened the chain in oserley..... Bare in mind i have been here a number of times and to that camp at least twice and only now has the quest updated...........

Questing should not be a headache, it should be smooth and free flowing, HD needs some serious work, because im not the only one having issues.
    Last edited by Evvis; Nov 26 2013 at 03:31 PM.

this game is bugged to hell,
    While the game certainly has bugs, I doubt we'd agree on where they are.

There are five regions in Helm's Deep. And, putting it simply, you're not done all the quests in an area until you get the skill point.
    • Eastfold: All Roads Lead to Aldburg
    • Kingstead: The Road to Dunharrow
    • Broadacres: The Broadacres Betrayed
    • Stonedeans: Woodhurst Has Fallen
    • Westfold: To Helm's Deep

Due to phasing issues, there are 2 times the quest chain has you advancing the Epic chain into the next area (Kingstead -> Broadacres; Broadacres -> Stonedeans).
    However, once you've completed that Epic quest, you've got to return to the previous area to complete the quest chain, so that you can advance the quest chain into the next area and catch up to the Epic chain.

That's poor design, not a bug.

So there are no more quests after Broadacres Betrayed?

Just want to make sure I didn't miss something, because the text at the end of the quest made it look like there were more to come
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000002232c7/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by JuanD View Post
    So there are no more quests after Broadacres Betrayed?

Just want to make sure I didn't miss something, because the text at the end of the quest made it look like there were more to come
    The only thing after Broadacres Betrayed is the quest that starts you on the Stonedeans quest chain by sending you to the Hunters east of woodhurst.

While the game certainly has bugs, I doubt we'd agree on where they are.
    That's poor design, not a bug.
    You're right. I really miss the kind Lotro had been back in the Shadow of Angmar days regarding quests. There you can go to an area and make quest if you're interested in or switch to another area if it suits you more (of course within the level boundaries). Now it seems that you are totally tethered on a line to get quests. There is no freedom anymore. Either you are completing all quests in an area or you simply can't play any further.

And I'm now forced to do the epic story line because I missed something somewhere and can't find the missing link. I did everything until the Stonedeans but I can't find the link to Grimslade or Gaphold or Westfold quest.

The only thing I remember to miss is on of the Frithild quest because it was buggy. Summoning her at the campfile didn't work. So after several tries I got bored and left. Is that the missinglink? I thought not because I could proceed further.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalella View Post
    The only thing I remember to miss is on of the Frithild quest because it was buggy. Summoning her at the campfile didn't work. So after several tries I got bored and left. Is that the missinglink? I thought not because I could proceed further.
    It depends... which quest was it? Brigands of the wild or wild Captain?

If the former, you can skip it and pick up wild Captain. Else, /shrug.
    It's been reported that it gets buggy when you try to summon Frithild at a campfire while someone else is currently doing the quest... So, avoid that.

OT: OP, check out this thread; https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-of-Stonedeans

I think it was Brigands in the Wild. And because that with the Captain is so similar I thought it might be unnecessary to proceed. But I will try to get there again. maybe now it works.
    Thanks!

EDIT: I found a way. I travelled back to Aldburg by chance and found quest-giving Rohirim at the gate who send me to Gandalf in the Westfold. Now I'm going to see how I may help him ;-)
    Last edited by Jalella; Nov 30 2013 at 04:36 AM.