We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Helms Deep & previous expansions needs.

I bought LOTRO ( Rohan ) 3 months ago, I then bought Helms Deep on pre order. ( got fed up with WoW ) I was under the impression that this would include all previous expansions and quest packs.

However, I find that in Moria, to be able to do al the quests in The Great Delving, I had to buy that expansion/pack.

Were my expectations wrong, and is this likely to happen with more content?

Quote Originally Posted by daviddegernier View Post
    I bought LOTRO ( Rohan ) 3 months ago, I then bought Helms Deep on pre order. ( got fed up with WoW ) I was under the impression that this would include all previous expansions and quest packs.

However, I find that in Moria, to be able to do al the quests in The Great Delving, I had to buy that expansion/pack.

Your expectations were wrong. None of the expansions include any other expansions or questpacks. If you want them all, you will have to buy them all.

Always read the description carefully before you buy something. Unless it explicitly says that "X" is included, the base assumption should be that "X" is not included.

Where did you get this idea? Did any of the sales info say as much? or did you just assume it did?

Quote Originally Posted by ertr View Post
    Your expectations were wrong. None of the expansions include any other expansions or questpacks. If you want them all, you will have to buy them all.

Always read the description carefully before you buy something. Unless it explicitly says that "X" is included, the base assumption should be that "X" is not included.
    Thanks for reply. I meant to add that I also became VIP where it said "Access All Quest Packs and Skirmishes*"

It was here that I failed to read the small print

" **Helm's Deep(TM) Riders of Rohan™, Rise of Isengard™, Mines of Moria™ and Siege of Mirkwood™ are not included."

As I now have Helms Deep, Riders of Rohan & Mines of Moria, does that mean that only Rise of Isengard and Siege of Mirkwood are still needed to give full access and content?

Thanks for reply. I meant to add that I also became VIP where it said "Access All Quest Packs and Skirmishes*"

" **Helm's Deep(TM) Riders of Rohan™, Rise of Isengard™, Mines of Moria™ and Siege of Mirkwood™ are not included."

As I now have Helms Deep, Riders of Rohan & Mines of Moria, does that mean that only Rise of Isengard and Siege of Mirkwood are still needed to give full access and content?
    While you are VIP you will have access to all of the non-expansion questpacks, so yes, you only lack RoI and SoM if you already have MoM, RoR, and HD.

OP - Yes. With Moria, Siege of Mirkwood, Rise of Isengard, RoR and HD plus VIP you will get access to all aspects of the game. Also as you'll get 500tp per month as a result of being a VIP, you can also use that to one or more of the expansion packs from the store when the time comes.
    <A sig goes here>

Quote Originally Posted by BangoTwinkletoes View Post
    OP - Yes. With Moria, Siege of Mirkwood, Rise of Isengard, RoR and HD plus VIP you will get access to all aspects of the game. Also as you'll get 500tp per month as a result of being a VIP, you can also use that to one or more of the expansion packs from the store when the time comes.
    Many thanks for fast and helpful replies. Will get the remaining packs now.

Many thanks for fast and helpful replies. Will get the remaining packs now.
    I wouldn't buy them all at once. You can just get each individual expansion when the time comes.
    Or you can wait until the 27th of November when amazon is selling the quad pack( 4 of the expansions) for 19.99$ which is what I am planning on doing.

Don't buy the expansions individually. Buy the quad pack. It includes all the previous expansions for a one off price of $39.99. It's a shame you didn't notice you needed them before though, as this pack was on special offer at $19.99 if you ordered it with Helms Deep. It looks like that's finished now.

https://store.lotro.com/en/expansion...dalone-bundle/
    [CENTER][COLOR=RoyalBlue][COLOR=Yellow][B] [EN] Snowbourn - since 2006[/B][/COLOR]
    * Trothistle - Man Captain * Troy - Elf Loremaster * Trodo - Hobbit Burglar *
    * Troydir - Elf Hunter * Troydor - Elf Rune-Keeper * Troyward - Man Warden *
    * Trochampe - Man Champion * Troster - Hobbit Minstrel * Trogard - Man Guardian *[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Troy_Taranis_EU View Post
    Don't buy the expansions individually. Buy the quad pack. It includes all the previous expansions for a one off price of $39.99. It's a shame you didn't notice you needed them before though, as this pack was on special offer at $19.99 if you ordered it with Helms Deep. It looks like that's finished now.

https://store.lotro.com/en/expansion...dalone-bundle/
    Thanks for letting me know. Just in time as well.

A bit confused here though.

I bought "Expansion Quests: Moria for 1495 Points " last night to allow me to carry on with quests, but now I see in Store that they are selling

Expansion: Mines of Moria
    The Mines of Moria expansion pack (level 51-60)
    2495 points

Is this different to what I bought last night ""Expansion Quests: Moria for 1495 Points " ??????????

Quote Originally Posted by Publisac View Post
    I wouldn't buy them all at once. You can just get each individual expansion when the time comes.
    Or you can wait until the 27th of November when amazon is selling the quad pack( 4 of the expansions) for 19.99$ which is what I am planning on doing.

Thanks for that Publisac. Always good to save money.

I spent the most $ on this game when they had the quests packs on sale at 50% off just before the release of RoR. All I need now is a couple of the expansion packs, RoR and HD. I figure it will be 6 months or so before I need RoR, but I would love to have the war stead now
    My hunter just got his legendary weapons, so it will be a while before I get to RoR.

Thanks for letting me know. Just in time as well.

A bit confused here though.

I bought "Expansion Quests: Moria for 1495 Points " last night to allow me to carry on with quests, but now I see in Store that they are selling

Expansion: Mines of Moria
    The Mines of Moria expansion pack (level 51-60)
    2495 points

Is this different to what I bought last night ""Expansion Quests: Moria for 1495 Points " ??????????

Yes, those are different. The cheap one is just the questpack, while the other one is the full expansion.

For Mines of Moria, the difference is that the expansion includes, in addition to the questpack, access to the Rune-Keeper and Warden classes, two extra character slots, and an increase in max skirmish soldier rank.
    (The increase in skirmish soldier rank is irrelevant if you have any of the later expansions since they increase the max rank to higher value.)

The option to buy just the questpack or the full expansion also exists for Rise of Isengard and Riders of Rohan. I am not quite sure what the expansion adds to the questpack for those, but I think it is some instances, and for RoR also some options for your warsteed.

For all of them the questpack is all that is needed to do normal quests and deeds in the area.

Siege of Mirkwood and Helms Deep are only available in a single variant.

Quote Originally Posted by manstan View Post
    I spent the most $ on this game when they had the quests packs on sale at 50% off just before the release of RoR. All I need now is a couple of the expansion packs, RoR and HD. I figure it will be 6 months or so before I need RoR, but I would love to have the war stead now
    My hunter just got his legendary weapons, so it will be a while before I get to RoR.
    You won't get your warsteed until you reach Rohan anyway. To get a warsteed you must finish a number of level 75 quests in Rohan.

Yes, those are different. The cheap one is just the questpack, while the other one is the full expansion.

For Mines of Moria, the difference is that the expansion includes, in addition to the questpack, access to the Rune-Keeper and Warden classes, two extra character slots, and an increase in max skirmish soldier rank.
    (The increase in skirmish soldier rank is irrelevant if you have any of the later expansions since they increase the max rank to higher value.)

The option to buy just the questpack or the full expansion also exists for Rise of Isengard and Riders of Rohan. I am not quite sure what the expansion adds to the questpack for those, but I think it is some instances, and for RoR also some options for your warsteed.

For all of them the questpack is all that is needed to do normal quests and deeds in the area.

Siege of Mirkwood and Helms Deep are only available in a single variant.
    Thanks for info.

As I got extra character slots and Warden/RK options in VIP, HD & RofR already, then it seems that nothing is to be gained by buying full expansions rather than just quest packs then. As longs as I do not miss out on content or instances etc.

Thanks for info.

As I got extra character slots and Warden/RK options in VIP, HD & RofR already, then it seems that nothing is to be gained by buying full expansions rather than just quest packs then. As longs as I do not miss out on content or instances etc.

Warden/RK are not included in VIP. They can be bought separately in the store, or obtained as part of the Mines of Moria expansion, and those are the only ways to get those classes.
    The additional character slots from MoM expansion are in addition to the slots that you gain through VIP or can buy in the store.

For both RoI and RoR there are a number of instances that are included in the expansion, but not in the questpack. (Those can also be bough separately through the store.)

Warden/RK are not included in VIP. They can be bought separately in the store, or obtained as part of the Mines of Moria expansion, and those are the only ways to get those classes.
    The additional character slots from MoM expansion are in addition to the slots that you gain through VIP or can buy in the store.

For both RoI and RoR there are a number of instances that are included in the expansion, but not in the questpack. (Those can also be bough separately through the store.)
    Thanks for that.

I have double-checked and note that I do have RK, but not Warden class open to me. I do not know whether I got RK as part of VIP , or with the RofR or HD expansion though.