I am trying to like it......but...
I am really trying to like LOTRO after Helms Deep, but having just got 1 character to 95, am now suffering a lack of things to do and general apathy and groaning at the thought of bringing another toon up from 85. In short, I think you have now killed off the 6 year relationship we have had, you have destroyed the very essence of LOTRO, and the reason we enjoyed playing the game (and being in a position to 'look down on' button mashing, mindless players from far more inferior games!). You have released this Xpac with the minimum of care and attention to detail (it was always the little things that made LOTRO so special), and with the longest list of known faults to date. These points more than any, show that despite the corporate PR smokescreen of player councils, you really have very little respect for 'me as a player', but only 'me as a bearer of a wallet'.
1. I appreciate that you are trying to tell a story, however the linear quest line (ie complete one, be directed to the next that is only active when the first has been completed) has killed any sense of exploration, discovery or free will. If I wanted to run on rails without thinking,I could play a platform game, not a MMO.
2. Crafting material icons for tier 9 exactly the same as tier 8......the fact that someone actually made a decision to do this beggars belief, and brings your wider QA and supervision into question
3. So Im 95...now what??? I cant PVP as I have no 95 audacity armour. I could do HD....cant quite bring myself to call them 'big battles', as they are just slightly modified skirmishes.....but I didn't even need to level to do these. Go on one of the endlessly advertised Sambrog farms? Hell no, got fed up with those prior to the update when at least I earnt the seals you have stolen.
4. So Im a legendary hero, slayer of dragons, welcome at the tables of Théoden, Galadriel and Elrond......and you would have me inspect toilets, run about after children and .......kill more boars????
5. What on earth does 'Sic'em' mean??? Is this some sort of redneck joke or something? Certainly not a phrase I think that JRR would recognise.
So after 6 years, I always thought it would be a rage quit.....never envisaged it would just be a casual and apathetic walking away with just a sight twinge of sadness....
[URL="http://my.lotro.com/user-17670/"]Blogging a view of the Moors[/URL] - updated 23 Mar 12