We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Virtues and Resistances

I've seen in the virtues tables available online that the virts which confer resistances are for specific resistances. But in game it looks to be a general across-the-board resistance. Which is it? And why the discrepancy?
    Emmellia r7 mini / Landy

The virtues table (presumably through BurgZerg?) is out of date. Resistances got combined over two years ago.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Strovolas View Post
    I've seen in the virtues tables available online that the virts which confer resistances are for specific resistances. But in game it looks to be a general across-the-board resistance. Which is it? And why the discrepancy?
    Not sure what tables you're referring to, but a while ago (two years?) there was a major overhaul of in-game stats, which merged the different resistance and mitigation types for most practical purposes. The individual types still exist, but you rarely see them anymore.
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more

Thanks TinDragon and Grimdi.

I'd seen it in at least 2 places on the web but didn't bookmark them. Also I only got into LOTRO ~6 months ago, so obviously missed the combination and didn't see it stated clearly anywhere.

It makes sense that they combined them, glad to hear it.
    Emmellia r7 mini / Landy

The thing to keep in note now is the difference between resistance and mitigation.

Resistance stat helps against wound/fear/poison/disease. Mitigation helps against lightning/fire/frost/fear and/or melee.

Supposedly....

Virtues need a major overhaul. Mitigation are far too easy to max without them now, and stat virtues suck (+64 to any stat won't help in any real meaningful way).

Just my opinion.
    [SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic]~In serving each other we become free~[/FONT][/SIZE]