We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

The boxed copy of Mines of Moria expansion (with vip)

I can't find these Is there an option getting this copy/code?(I really want that VIP) I saw some on amazon but I don't know if it will give me vip status.

Quote Originally Posted by Oskie View Post
    I can't find these Is there an option getting this copy/code?(I really want that VIP) I saw some on amazon but I don't know if it will give me vip status.
    It's very hard to find any of these 5-year-old game boxes anywhere anymore. Amazon is a good source but make sure it is brand new and never been used. The box has a game key you apply to your account to get your VIP time.

But you don't need these boxes to get VIP status. All you need to do is to pay for a subscription, which is $15/month or $30 for 3 months. Or $99 for a year, if that offer is still active.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

I did this, but I bought my copy over-the-counter. That was about a year ago and they were rare then, but that doesn't mean there aren't still one or two copies floating around somewhere - people were pessimistic before I found mine.

If it's been opened and the key-code used, then it's NOT going to give your account the benefits. (Some other account already took advantage of them, and, oddly enough, Lotro is NOT going to give them to every account that gets their hands on that one disk.)

It has some nice perks (besides Moria, it gives RK & Warden, +2 character slots, 30 days VIP, and some other bells and whistles), but there are some other package deals that are almost as good and offer access to more Regions.

It also has to be a US/Turbine box, a EU/Codemasters box won't work. Amazon (associates) still seems to have them, for slightly under $20 (including shipping).

I wouldn't over emphasize this deal, unless it is likely to be your only purchase. Other great LOTRO deals tend to include Moria, so don't be surprised if you buy it again the (mithril edition includes the quest packs (no character slots or classes) while the quad pack includes the entire expansion. I'd check both on Black Friday for real steals).

I'd mostly recommend the boxed Moria edition if you want to start a warden and/or a rune keeper, especially keeping up with other characters. Waiting until you need to buy the quad pack might take quite awhile. If you level as slowly as I have recently, you might expect the quad pack to evolve into a 5 pack after a hypothetical Gondor expansion.

Finally, the Moria box has been out of print for years. It isn't changing price much this year. Turbine, on the other hand, has a habit of severely discounting (a few) things on Black Friday so I wouldn't make any purchasing for about a week.

Quote Originally Posted by yawumpus View Post
    It also has to be a US/Turbine box, a EU/Codemasters box won't work. Amazon (associates) still seems to have them, for slightly under $20 (including shipping).

I wouldn't over emphasize this deal, unless it is likely to be your only purchase. Other great LOTRO deals tend to include Moria, so don't be surprised if you buy it again the (mithril edition includes the quest packs (no character slots or classes) while the quad pack includes the entire expansion. I'd check both on Black Friday for real steals).

I'd mostly recommend the boxed Moria edition if you want to start a warden and/or a rune keeper, especially keeping up with other characters. Waiting until you need to buy the quad pack might take quite awhile. If you level as slowly as I have recently, you might expect the quad pack to evolve into a 5 pack after a hypothetical Gondor expansion.

Finally, the Moria box has been out of print for years. It isn't changing price much this year. Turbine, on the other hand, has a habit of severely discounting (a few) things on Black Friday so I wouldn't make any purchasing for about a week.
    not trying to hi-jack the thread, just want to say "great tip", will wait for black-friday. after all, could pay-off for what I want from them.