We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Next Creep update is Months Away

Whats up with that? So in the meantime we have a half baked user experience in the Moors?

Nice..
    Last edited by Wilfrum; Nov 24 2013 at 03:48 AM.

Given the terrible history of pvp fevelopment in this game, I'm willing to live with a few minths of junk if they actually deliver the goids when it comes. Think of the last 2 expansions; we had all of roi with pretty terrible balance in favor of freeps for its entirety, wuth on wargs and weavers being semi competetive for half of the xpac.

Ror was actually pretty decent for the first 3months untill the 1 meaningful updatefor pvp shifted things drastically to freepside (please note I'm speaking of balance in the theoretical sense that a typical group of 12 creeps vs 12 freeps had competetive fights, not how things played out based on server populations or whenan elite creep/freep group faced a poorly played opponent). This means that for most people, we've had 3 months of relatively decent pvp in over 2 years.

If after 3 months of waiting we get an update where the dev implement changes players are looking for rather than what they pull out of a hat, tevenly skilled groups of even numbers have competetive engaments AND the devs continue to monitor the zone and give creeps tweaks as freeps get new shinies, that could mean 9 months out of a roughly 12 month cycle .

I'm certainly not going to place any wagers on the side of anything I mentioned actually happening, but I'm willing to wait and give them the chance to make a quality update after the dust has settled on freep updates rather than make drastic changes now when they are unlikely to devote as many resources, and they likely haven't got a good handle on what is really needed to compensate for the freep changes.

Ps. Written on a phone so apologies for the horrendous typing.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

I know this has all the gloom and doom potential as one such thread should have, but in all honesty, if turbine don't realize they are the ones who's gonna realize that it was not such a small population after all who put up with their enforced pve in order to pvp...well, no one's gonna realize it, or wut?
    [IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/547875_10152075720742701_46971757_n.jpg[/IMG]
    66 Maggot Street, Grothum, Arador's End, Ettenmoors.
    Laurelin/Landroval/Brandywine.

Quote Originally Posted by poxnoxious View Post
    I know this has all the gloom and doom potential as one such thread should have, but in all honesty, if turbine don't realize they are the ones who's gonna realize that it was not such a small population after all who put up with their enforced pve in order to pvp...well, no one's gonna realize it, or wut?
    they havent realized in 5 years what makes you think they will in months? Hey you got a bird and a tree HUGE update according to them!!

Quote Originally Posted by J2theMul View Post
    they havent realized in 5 years what makes you think they will in months? Hey you got a bird and a tree HUGE update according to them!!
    It's 7* years mate, S E V E N
    [IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/547875_10152075720742701_46971757_n.jpg[/IMG]
    66 Maggot Street, Grothum, Arador's End, Ettenmoors.
    Laurelin/Landroval/Brandywine.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfrum View Post
    Whats up with that? So in the meantime we have a half baked user experience in the Moors?

Nice..
    what do you mean?is there an official statement?

[Tangaar Captain R 7][Barukhazad Minstrel R 9]

Quote Originally Posted by Tangaar View Post
    what do you mean?is there an official statement?
    No
    /10chars
    /thread
    ~Nimolas R11 Warden (Retired before RoR) (Snowbourn)

~Eralwen R10 hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfrum View Post

Nice..

Update?

Anything is possible i guess....
    Ridduk R14 WL
    Brandywine

So, how many years have we made these same threads, and how many times has anything been done about it? It really is time that we drop the "wait and hope" approach. Just try to accept pvp on this game for how it is, and if that isn't possible then it might be time to let it go.

And i'm not saying that in a cynical or horrid way, its just the frame of mind i've taken towards it. I have really good friends in my tribe and they make it worth playing, but other than that I just can't take this same repetitive cycle anymore...*crazed look*

*eye twitch*
    Last edited by nubcat; Nov 24 2013 at 09:13 PM.
    [CENTER][B][COLOR=#cc0099]Jinxycat [/COLOR][/B][B]|[COLOR=#cc0099] Spinnerette
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#00ffff][SIZE=1][B]Inept Officer [/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE=1][B]|[/B][/SIZE][COLOR=#00ffff][SIZE=1][B] Creatures of the Fiery Kind[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by J2theMul View Post
    I wanted a squirrel. Why to Turbine keep breaking my heart?
    [CENTER][B][COLOR=#cc0099]Jinxycat [/COLOR][/B][B]|[COLOR=#cc0099] Spinnerette
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#00ffff][SIZE=1][B]Inept Officer [/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE=1][B]|[/B][/SIZE][COLOR=#00ffff][SIZE=1][B] Creatures of the Fiery Kind[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
    [/CENTER]

For the lulz

[IMG]http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z434/spance76/thrag_zps674d7c88.jpg[/IMG]