We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Yellow line cappy with video

I was power lvling my friend on brandy. And we decided to do SH T2C. I was surprised by how captain easily tank and selfheal, yellow line traited. For the most part I have bad gear, barely know what my skills do, so my skill rotation is bad, but you dont even need that. Cappy yellow line gives you self heals when enemy attack you and cappy has crazy BPE that take care of the rest. Yellow line is pretty much new warden. Anyways watch the video and see.

That's awesome!

**throws guantlet**

DO SOMETHING MORE EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

=D

Edit:

That RK so stole your kill.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Haha, looking good.

I'm starting to think Captain LoM theme song should be http://youtu.be/cqlPhMbQreI?t=45s :P

After seeing this video I specced into yellow and ran one of the hytbold crafting quests today. I pulled nearly the whole instance then took them down one at a time and my morale bar barely moved. So obviously this is way overpowered and it will be nerfed probably quickly.

May I suggest though that in place of the direct heal from getting hit instead let the proc be to increase ICMR. Make it similar to (or a little better than *wink**wink*) a minstrel's ICMR buff from Cry of the Valor.
    Last edited by skoelrond; Nov 24 2013 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skoelrond View Post
    After seeing this video I specced into yellow and ran one of the hytbold crafting quests today. I pulled nearly the whole instance then took them down one at a time and my morale bar barely moved. So obviously this is way overpowered and it will be nerfed probably quickly.

May I suggest though that in place of the direct heal from getting hit instead let the proc be to increase ICMR. Make it similar to (or a little better than *wink**wink*) a minstrel's ICMR buff from Cry of the Valor.
    Eh, you should be able to get away with stupid stuff when dealing with a bunch of normal, under leveled mobs.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Why overpowered? Its just like the other Tanks.

So the captain who is supposed to be able to fill all roles is the bad guy when wardens and rks have been known to make a fool out of 10+ creep players?
    "I should call that a heavy loss, if it was not a wonder rather that in his great age he could still wield his axe as mightily as they say he did, standing over the body of King Brand before the gate of Erebor, until the darkness fell."
    http://gladdenhistory.wikispaces.com/

and how was your power management?

Quote Originally Posted by Teyaha View Post
    and how was your power management?
    Power management is indeed an issue, but it does not mean that we have no ways to deal with it.

Herald of Victory (-10% power cost, a small power restore every minute).
    On Guard buff (-10% power cost).
    Regen food before the fight.
    Power pots.
    Power cost reduction legacies.
    Fate or raw icpr.

Situation with power while tanking can be from "desperate" to "not a problem" depending on how much of the above you have. If I do not use any of above, I run out of power in a couple of minutes no matter what I do. Herald + On Guard keep my power up for longer fights. If I know that fight is going to be over 5 minutes - I eat some food and use pots more frequently. So far I ignore the power cost reduction legacies and did not think of increasing icpr even more. I do not have severe power issues which would force me to stop and wait for power regen when I pull a full school or library instance alone.

It also helps to watch which skills you need in a particular fight. If you are solo as in the example with the Crafting instance or soloing a 3man, do not use To Arms and Rallying Cry unless you really need them.
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Ishtarel - Hunter / Lunasa - Minstrel
    Ishtaridas - LRM 105 / Ishtari - RNK 105 / Ishti - BRG 105 / Cabernetta - GRD 105 / Medovinus - BRN 105
    The Mellowship || Eldar -> Evernight