We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1000 TP for 15 house vault slots?

I sincerely hope this is a Turbine typo. They cannot be serious. Of course, it does say 100 Mitheril, but that equals 1000 TP....and that is just for 15 additional slots. Unreal!

I like a great many of the changes that were made including the ability to expand housing chests, but the price needs to come down. It shouldn't be any more than the account shared storage price. I also thought I read somewhere that the additional spaces could be bought for gold...which for me would be preferable to Mitheril or TP...but I cannot find anywhere in the chest to do so.

1000 TP O.o

It's pretty cheap to introduce mithril coins as currency just to hide the fact how expensive your store got.

This might just be the HD version of the RoR hobby horse.

Quote Originally Posted by WindDancer13 View Post
    I sincerely hope this is a Turbine typo. They cannot be serious. Of course, it does say 100 Mitheril, but that equals 1000 TP....and that is just for 15 additional slots. Unreal!

I like a great many of the changes that were made including the ability to expand housing chests, but the price needs to come down. It shouldn't be any more than the account shared storage price. I also thought I read somewhere that the additional spaces could be bought for gold...which for me would be preferable to Mitheril or TP...but I cannot find anywhere in the chest to do so.
    No 100 mithril coins is 850tps.

Quote Originally Posted by rosey21 View Post
    either way it still a messed up price just like 500 for a trait tab is BS too They only give 2 tabs there and u need 3 and you have to buy that for every toon not per account, Now I see why they made the trait tree to find another way to bleed folks
    Completeness is the only way to play! No fast track ever! Xp Disable Toggle Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by rosey21 View Post
    Wow! Well, slap me silly! How could I have missed a savings of 150 TP for 15 slots??!?

Get real. That is still at least 350 TP too much for 15 slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombielord View Post
    1000 TP O.o

It's pretty cheap to introduce mithril coins as currency just to hide the fact how expensive your store got.

This might just be the HD version of the RoR hobby horse.
    I have often wondered how many people understand that 10 Mitheril are the equivalent of 100 TP. If they don't, I would hate to see their checkbooks.

Isn't that about the same price as a vault upgrade? One of my alts paid 796 TP for Vault Upgrade XII last night (and that was the sale price), and I'm pretty sure that's also 15 slots.

Never really saw the point of mithril coins till now. Yes people tend to look at numbers not values. Yet another reason for me not to buy in to the new currency.

It's called "They get the goldmine, you get the shaft".

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto_the_First View Post
    Isn't that about the same price as a vault upgrade? One of my alts paid 796 TP for Vault Upgrade XII last night (and that was the sale price), and I'm pretty sure that's also 15 slots.
    Yep, it's consistent with vault prices. The cool thing is that I got enough mithril coins out of the hobbit boxes to cover the first upgrade past the cash amounts, so it was free!
    If you give away gold bars, someone will complain they're too heavy.
    .: Dannach, 100 WDN :.: Daire, 83 LMR :.: Gyrefalcon, 92 CHN :.: Brandon, 72 CPT :.: Honey, 71 GRD :.: Griffon, 69 HNT :.: Kaelenea, 72 RNK :.
    .: Iryth, 56 WDN :.: Baye, 56 WDN :.: Samtal, 64 WDN :.:Dunnock, 56 WDN :.: Sedgewald, 68 LMR :.: Breyon, 41 CHN :.: Tieran, 40 HNT :.

I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.
    Might as well face it, I'm addicted to WDN

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto_the_First View Post
    The you really got ripped off because my store shows Shared Storage XII at 695 (10 slots) ---NOT on sale.

Now if you are talking about individual player storage, yes, the price is about the same....but, you can buy up to 120 slots for gold. It does not start at going over 60 slots being 100 Mitheril.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon_Blackbird View Post
    Yep, it's consistent with vault prices. The cool thing is that I got enough mithril coins out of the hobbit boxes to cover the first upgrade past the cash amounts, so it was free!
    LOL, I have never bought Mitheril. I am still using the ones I received for worthless stuff when they made the original switch.

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    One has to wonder where Turbine is getting all this Mithril. It being amongst the rarest of metals in Middle-earth, they sure can strike coins pretty damned quickly.
    Tarphindiel~Hu~100, Tolella~Mi~86, Ryeberry~Gu~80, Torfrik~Rk~80, Arindis~Be~60
    Meleras~Wd~50, Minethril~Ca~49, Diorwen~Ch~44, Indiria~Lm~38, Alanda~Bu~32
    And Fourteen Other Alts
    Founder of Gladden's "The Fellowship of the Ping"

They are apparently moving from micro-transactions to macro-transactions.
    The Balrog lives!! Oh, and give MECCG a try.

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000002be0/01008/signature.png]Eladrath[/charsig]

Dang, a thousand mithril coins? I might just wait for the next sale of MC at the store. Geez, that's a lot.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Quote Originally Posted by LethalLethality View Post
    One has to wonder where Turbine is getting all this Mithril. It being amongst the rarest of metals in Middle-earth, they sure can strike coins pretty damned quickly.
    called a bank: get 1 in your vault, hand out 10 then cheat on your customers by unreadable terms, then add to this foggy products where people will only understand the price after they've bought it..... mmm, kinda sounds like turbine so far o wait, turbine is a bank :O

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    Dang, a thousand mithril coins? I might just wait for the next sale of MC at the store. Geez, that's a lot.
    1000 TURBINE points. lol, love ya Nymphonic, just never said it .
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

15 vault spaces costs over 800tp, which I have always consider to be way too much. House space should cost less than vault space because it is less versitile.

I liked when you could buy vault space for like 5k gold. They should bring that back!

Quote Originally Posted by Hothoen View Post
    15 vault spaces costs over 800tp, which I have always consider to be way too much. House space should cost less than vault space because it is less versitile.

I liked when you could buy vault space for like 5k gold. They should bring that back!
    You can get up to 120 individual bank spaces for gold. I don't remember at which point the shared storage starts being TP only, but as one of my accounts only has 60 spaces and bought at least the last 10, it cannot be much. However, I did read in one of the update things that the house vaults were going to be gold up to a point, and they are not.

We discussed this in kin last night and I see 3 problems:

1. Housing storage can only be server wide. Shared storage affects all servers. Therefore, shared storage would be a better deal at the same price.
    2. What happens with the mc purchased space upon selling the house?
    3. Generally for the rather large expense of 100 Mc, there is no receipt for things unlocked, no proof of purchase.

Apart from those three reasons I find the price ridiculous. 8 bucks or more for 15 virtual bank slots?

It's a bad deal for turbine too. People are way more inclined to make small purchases (micro transactions) than making big investments. Buying five times 15 slots (or a trait spec) for 20 mc each is far more likely than buying even once 15 slots for 100 mc.
    [size=-2]Gladden: Sulherok (HNT100) Woodworker; Soradoc (GRD100) Jeweler; Saelind (LM100) Tailor; Tinuvaraen (MIN100) Scholar; Silmathryth (CAP98) Metalsmith; Harlequina (BRG37) Weaponsmith; Ghâmim (RK36) Cook; Elindurion (20WRD) Woodworker; Balarella (13HNT)[/size]

Quote Originally Posted by DolorousBob View Post
    We discussed this in kin last night and I see 3 problems:

1. Housing storage can only be server wide. Shared storage affects all servers. Therefore, shared storage would be a better deal at the same price.
    3. Generally for the rather large expense of 100 Mc, there is no receipt for things unlocked, no proof of purchase.

Apart from those three reasons I find the price ridiculous. 8 bucks or more for 15 virtual bank slots?

It's a bad deal for turbine too. People are way more inclined to make small purchases (micro transactions) than making big investments. Buying five times 15 slots (or a trait spec) for 20 mc each is far more likely than buying even once 15 slots for 100 mc.
    Really good points! I hadn't thought about the first one. And the second one is a huge question. I will buy more shared space rather than house space at this price as it is also more convenient for my toons to go to any vault keeper rather than run over to the house.

I figured it to be at least $11 US for 15 slots. Not happening...not in this lifetime or the next.

Shared storage was always limited to only one server. It wasn't across servers. I'm guessing this was something they changed in the past year or two? If so, good for them. Thanks for the heads up, although it isn't really relevant to me. I only play on one server.

I recklessly discovered that today. I sold my existing house so I could buy one at the same address but in the same homestead as my kinship house. I didn't think about the effect this might have on my chest. I discovered to my relief that I kept the same number of slots in my new housing chest as I had in my previous house.

The you really got ripped off because my store shows Shared Storage XII at 695 (10 slots) ---NOT on sale.
    You both do realize that if 10 bank slots normally costs 695 Turbine points that you spend about 1,043 points for 15 slots, yes? That is more of a deal when buying shared storage of course than when buying local (character) vault space. Between those two sits the housing chest, which is somewhat like shared storage. In one way it is actually better than shared storage -- you can share access to it with up to 50 (if I recall correctly) other characters of your choosing, regardless of their account, as well as with your kinship.

Now if you are talking about individual player storage, yes, the price is about the same....but, you can buy up to 120 slots for gold. It does not start at going over 60 slots being 100 Mitheril.
    You can buy up to 60 chest slots for gold. Beyond that will cost Mithril coins I believe. Keep in mind that the original limit on storage in housing chests previously was 30 (for regular houses) and 60 (for deluxe houses). For regular house owners, this is a step up, except for the higher cost in in-game money to unlock chest space.

The situation now is better than shared storage was at the outset. Even though I was and am a subscriber, I recall having to spend real cash ($20 or $30 I think) beyond that to buy the "Adventurer's Pack" to get access to shared storage at all (20 slots only). It wasn't free for subscribers nor was it purchasable with in-game money. The choice was to spend real money or do without. This was before the era of free to play, by the way. At the time, I honestly considered it a great deal, especially as I got pre-order bonuses with it (the main one being a low-morale, slow-speed goat).

EDIT: I did some double-checking and found out that shared storage still isn't free or purchasable with in-game money. So that, at least, hasn't changed with the arrival of free to play. Housing chests are a bargain compared to that. You can buy up to 60 slots with in-game money that can be used between multiple characters -- although you'll need the currency cap removed to do so fully. Even so, compare that to zero shared storage slots available for in-game money.
    Last edited by Herellomar; Nov 23 2013 at 05:52 AM.
    "I am dreading the publication, for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." (J.R.R. Tolkien)

Quote Originally Posted by Herellomar View Post
    Shared storage was always limited to only one server. It wasn't across servers. I'm guessing this was something they changed in the past year or two? If so, good for them. Thanks for the heads up, although it isn't really relevant to me. I only play on one server.
    I don't think he was talking about the content of shared storage.
    The house chest upgrades only affect the house on one server (to my knowledge), while when you purchase a shared storage upgrade, you get additional slots on every server. So, should you ever transfer to another server, investing in shared storage is definitely a much better idea...
    PyLotRO with Python 3.x support and bugfixes: [url]https://github.com/Lynx3d/pylotro[/url]

@ Herellomar: I don't think anyone was disputing that the 60 slotsyou get for in-game money are bad at all...only that the additional expansions of the housing storage are too highly priced. Therefore, yes, it is an improvement over the old housing storage but the MC cost of additional space is still too high to seriously consider buying.
    A lot of people with multiple accounts will of course make good use of the 60 slots offered as shared storage across their account.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx3d View Post
    I don't think he was talking about the content of shared storage.
    The house chest upgrades only affect the house on one server (to my knowledge), while when you purchase a shared storage upgrade, you get additional slots on every server. So, should you ever transfer to another server, investing in shared storage is definitely a much better idea...
    Yes that was what I wanted to say, thanks for clarifying. I have 1500 shared storage on Gladden and I have the same amount on Laurelin. The items in the shared storage don't share across servers of course.
    [size=-2]Gladden: Sulherok (HNT100) Woodworker; Soradoc (GRD100) Jeweler; Saelind (LM100) Tailor; Tinuvaraen (MIN100) Scholar; Silmathryth (CAP98) Metalsmith; Harlequina (BRG37) Weaponsmith; Ghâmim (RK36) Cook; Elindurion (20WRD) Woodworker; Balarella (13HNT)[/size]

Quote Originally Posted by robbie1435 View Post
    1000 TURBINE points. lol, love ya Nymphonic, just never said it .

DOH! For someone that can read and speak two languages and reads Tolkien I totally failed at reading comprehension. *hangs head in shame*
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast