We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Class skills in mounted combat

why do some class skills say in the description in blue letters, in mounted combat this skill will do . . . yet in mounted combat all of those skills are gray and can't be used?

The blue text describes what will occur if you use it against a mounted enemy while you are not mounted.
    http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/User:Trove

Thank you for your reply but, Darn, here I was hoping the developers forgot to implement something and those skills we worked so hard to perfect (I.E. having to use it 500 times to make it better) are intended to be in mounted combat. Because just today I was playing my Lore-Master and while mounted she only has 2 or 3 offensive things, yes they do massive damage but I'm waiting for cool downs the majority of the battle.

Quote Originally Posted by mynamewastakenvandel View Post
    Thank you for your reply but, Darn, here I was hoping the developers forgot to implement something and those skills we worked so hard to perfect (I.E. having to use it 500 times to make it better) are intended to be in mounted combat. Because just today I was playing my Lore-Master and while mounted she only has 2 or 3 offensive things, yes they do massive damage but I'm waiting for cool downs the majority of the battle.
    I'd say compare being attacked on regular mount to being attacked on a war-steed.

If a troll tries to stun you on a regular mount, you get dismounted and are stunned.
    If a troll tries to stun you on a war-steed, your turn speed is dramatically reduced, instead of being dismounted and stunned.

The same applies to your non-mounted attacks to other mounted enemies, your stuns and dazes are doing something other than stunning and dazing.

Quote Originally Posted by mynamewastakenvandel View Post
    You are going to find that you do a lot of auto attacks. Even DPS like a Hunter in the Red Line does not have many Mounted Skills. Only one of them has a short cool down. One of them is a melee skill which is not very useful.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.