We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

It's All In The Look

I would like to see:

1) Slots to equip weapons cosmetically ... I mean, Sambrog's club has great stats and all, but c'mon

2) The ability to completely change character appearance at the barber, including skin tone, eye color, build, etc. ... Sometimes after you play a character a while you realize that the pasty white "vampire" skin tone just doesn't fit.

3) More of the unique housing items, like the swan fountain, available at the Lotro Store

4) More "realistic" (as opposed to fantasy) armor available, including some with a more "oriental" look (Hey, I got it off a dead Easterling near the Sea of Rhun)

Quote Originally Posted by Mertesh View Post
    I would like to see:

1) Slots to equip weapons cosmetically ... I mean, Sambrog's club has great stats and all, but c'mon
    This is, in my conservative estimate, never going to happen. When SoA launched, we didn't have cosmetic clothing/armour.
    It took a great deal of work (= money) to put it in. Turbine is now funded by a company that has existed for more than a
    century by keeping its collective eye firmly glued to the bottom line. I would LOVE to have a Lore-master's staff that looked
    like a plain old stick of wood, but it's not going to happen.

2) The ability to completely change character appearance at the barber, including skin tone, eye color, build, etc. ... Sometimes after you play a character a while you realize that the pasty white "vampire" skin tone just doesn't fit.
    I've never taken a character to the barber, so I don't know what his choices are. Remember that LotR derives from
    European mythology, so that a population made up entirely of palefaces (whatever their race) is Lore-appropriate.
    It's possible that what you ask could be included in the barber's inventory -- but dollars gets you doughnuts you'd
    have to buy the extra options in the Store.

3) More of the unique housing items, like the swan fountain, available at the Lotro Store
    Now, that is something that could happen. About all I buy at the Store is extra storage space.

4) More "realistic" (as opposed to fantasy) armor available,
    Hear, hear.

including some with a more "oriental" look (Hey, I got it off a dead Easterling near the Sea of Rhun)
    Hmmmmmmm..... we haven't been anywhere NEAR the See of Rhun yet, and are unlikely to get there soon, if ever. I'm
    just hoping we make a thorough job of Gondor, Ithilien, and maybe Near Harad before the game comes to its eventual end.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    I would LOVE to have a Lore-master's staff that looked
    like a plain old stick of wood, but it's not going to happen.

I really wish my level 82 lore master could have a plain stick of wood for a staff at that level, but yeah, it will never happen. I wish my 85 guard had plain beat up sword.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    I really wish my level 82 lore master could have a plain stick of wood for a staff at that level, but yeah, it will never happen. I wish my 85 guard had plain beat up sword.
    My L85 LM's staff has what looked like a generic monster head on it, till one day I got
    a good look at it up close and realized it had not only horns, but a ring in its nose.

So I think it must be a representation of the Uch-gwirod, which makes it a *little*
    easier to think about. Only the last time I met the Uch-gwirod, she looked like a young
    humanoid female, not like, you know, an ox.

I do suspect it's possible that, since for instance some high-level jewelry recipes have
    multiple outputs, crafter's choice, maybe weapon recipes yet to be developed could
    have multiple outputs with different appearances -- including at least one that is non-
    descript.

That still doesn't mean they'll ever do it.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    I've never taken a character to the barber, so I don't know what his choices are. Remember that LotR derives from
    European mythology, so that a population made up entirely of palefaces (whatever their race) is Lore-appropriate.
    It's possible that what you ask could be included in the barber's inventory -- but dollars gets you doughnuts you'd
    have to buy the extra options in the Store.
    Barber lets you change your hair style and color, including facial hair (I believe), for a very small fee. Basically redo the hair part of character creation.

The OP wants to extend that to include the other appearance aspects of character creation, like skin tone, eyes, eyebrows, etc. All within the limits of what you can do during character creation. This would be as lore appropriate as initial creation is.

Hmmmmmmm..... we haven't been anywhere NEAR the See of Rhun yet, and are unlikely to get there soon, if ever. I'm
    just hoping we make a thorough job of Gondor, Ithilien, and maybe Near Harad before the game comes to its eventual end.
    Agreed in general. I would like to see more Haradric, Easterling, etc. cosmetics show up on the store. The Easterlings, at least, have show up on the landscape and a few cosmetics as well. A few more would be nice. (I took this helm from Champion of Harad who ambushed me in XXXX. I wear it in defiance of the Haradrim who attack us.)
    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Loringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard
    http://www.theoldergamers.com