We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

So.. How do I get me Oathbreaker?

I just got to kindred with IGG in Moria, and read the book from the vendor. I can't figure out to actually get the Oathbreaker. Please help.

Figured it out, please disregard.

okay I also got to kindred with the IGG but the vendor WONT sell me the "Master of the Charge" - he says "you cannot take that".
    so what does a lvl 61 captain have to do? supposedly I can get it at lvl 58. but I missed something.

tks.

There some outdated info.

The book you can buy in moria rep vendor will only give +1 Class trait point. The Oathbreaker skin for your pet can be brought from a Captain trainer.

Is that the Oath-bound Archer that you can get with a Receipt of Armament Exchange?
    Avowulf, Avodir, Avodoc, Avoin, Avorond, Avoborn, Avorin, Avogar, Avowald, Avobert
    (all in Mabo Lanc on Landroval)
    "Reality: What a gyp."--Dogbert

Quote Originally Posted by AmAvocet View Post
    Is that the Oath-bound Archer that you can get with a Receipt of Armament Exchange?
    yes, though if I recall you can get various oath-bound heralds.

At this point in time however it is only a cosmetic option, it has no effect on the ability of the herald or archer.

Quote Originally Posted by AmAvocet View Post
    where do you actually get that receipt? i am somehow confused about how this works now. and when i look to store goodies of a captain trainer, i don't find anything like that there.

Quote Originally Posted by Orivien View Post
    where do you actually get that receipt? i am somehow confused about how this works now. and when i look to store goodies of a captain trainer, i don't find anything like that there.
    To get the receipt, get a tailor to craft an old armament (any level or type will do). You can then barter the armament for the receipt, and then the receipt for a skill.

I used up a bunch of old low level materials on my tailor to make about 20-30 armaments all of the same type, bartered for 20 receipts, and then bartered the receipts for one of each skill so I had a variety of appearances to use.

I use the forochel most simply because AFAIK it is the only one with any requirements (Forochel rep) while all the rest are available for any captain.

Quote Originally Posted by aardnebby View Post
    To get the receipt, get a tailor to craft an old armament (any level or type will do). You can then barter the armament for the receipt, and then the receipt for a skill.

I used up a bunch of old low level materials on my tailor to make about 20-30 armaments all of the same type, bartered for 20 receipts, and then bartered the receipts for one of each skill so I had a variety of appearances to use.

I use the forochel most simply because AFAIK it is the only one with any requirements (Forochel rep) while all the rest are available for any captain.
    thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Orivien View Post
    thank you very much!
    No worries. Official documentation is sadly lacking in the post HD world.

Skin Problems

Quote Originally Posted by aardnebby View Post
    No worries. Official documentation is sadly lacking in the post HD world.
    I was wondering how to make your pet look like say the lossoth or oathbreaker, and still use a tailor made item. When I try to cast the skills I bartered for, my pet always uses the skin of the level 80 Armament pet rather than the skin I would like to use. Is this a bug, or will the pet you equip always override your skin you have on your quickslot ( for me I am trrying to use the oathbreaker set) and always shows up as a maiden. If I unequip the maiden, I lose the +2295 to the stat but the pet shows up right, I really like the new skin, but I don't want to have to lose the stats on the tailor made pets.

Exclamation

I don't think that armor value applies anymore...