We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question The command /playlist does not work after Helms Deep expansion

It just says something like:

No ABC files found matching "*".

I can play the files that I remember the path to, so the ABCs are installed correct.

I have hundreds of files, and prefer not to use a plugin.

Anyone have a workaround, please?

One solution is to have your music folder open on your computer so you can either play in windowed mode and switch windows or Alt+Tab to desktop while in full-screen mode:

in Windows Explorer open your LOTRO Music folder; click the file you want to play, click again to highlight the text of the filename, Ctrl+C to copy, then go back to the game window. In the chat box, type /play then Ctrl+V to paste the file name. Including the .abc will still work. If you keep subfolders of music, remember to add the subfolder name first before you copy the filename: /play /subfolder filename

It's a good idea to do this method even if the /playlist command does work, because the more songs you add, the longer it takes to render the list through the chat system. You'll be better off just using a copy/paste system like this.

For a set playlist, I would recommend creating a text file on your desktop into which you can paste entire lines of music syntax for a whole session:
    /play filename
    /play filename
    /play /subfolder filename
    /play /subfolder filename

etc...

Diamond of Gladden & Landroval.
    Director of Eriador Music Society of Landroval.

Thank you for the reply.

Is the command broken for you also?

I don't know if it's broken for me... I am afraid to test it because I have so much music in my folder I'm pretty sure it would lock up the client!
    Diamond of Gladden & Landroval.
    Director of Eriador Music Society of Landroval.

Splik, I get the same error - I can play the .abc files just fine but if I try and use the /playlist command I get No ABC files found matching "*". Error seems to indicate the expected destination folder got changed in the code somehow for /playlist but sill works correctly for the actual /play command.
    “And some things that should not have been forgotten were lost. History became legend. Legend became myth. And for two and a half thousand years, the ring passed out of all knowledge.”
    ? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Quote Originally Posted by Elflord410 View Post
    Splik, I get the same error - I can play the .abc files just fine but if I try and use the /playlist command I get No ABC files found matching "*". Error seems to indicate the expected destination folder got changed in the code somehow for /playlist but sill works correctly for the actual /play command.
    /playlist is still broken in Update 12.3
    Bill Magill Mac Player
    (OTG)
    Val - Man Minstrel (90)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (105)
    Valanne - Beorning (90)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
    Valhad - Elf LM (65)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (86)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (70)
    Valanne - Beorning (92)
    Ninth - Man Warden (65)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

4, Fairwood Lane - Nan-E-Faer (Falathlorn Laurelin)
    There is a simple workaround:

/playlist /*

will work as in the past. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamees View Post
    There is a simple workaround:

/playlist /*

will work as in the past. Cheers.
    Just what I was looking for.. tnx

If you are getting errors.. please file a /bug report in game with detail so that the Turbine QA team may investigate and take appropriate action.
    [center]***[color=red]Public Safety Reminder:[/color] When Driving, Please [u]do not[/u] use your cell phones to call or text. If something is that important pull over off the road and stop the vehicle, then return to driving when done. Also as a continued reminder, [u]do not[/u] or Drink and Drive when Celebrating.***[/center]

I can't imagine not using the Songbook plugin. Makes music playing in-game infinitely easier and improves performances with multi-part songs immeasurably.
    Emmellia r7 mini / Landy