We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Re: Greetings, from Strayhold

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If it weren't for how great of a group the Juggies are, I'd join Strayhold in a heartbeat. Another great group of people right about on par with the Juggies.

Having grouped with a number of Strayhold people over the past few months since going live, I think you'd be hard pressed to find a better group of people who are still openly recruiting.
    Last edited by HDiver; Dec 18 2007 at 11:10 AM. Reason: poor spelling!

Thanks for the kind words, Ald.

Recruitment for all classes is now open. Check our messageboard for details, but here is a current wish list for Strayhold:

Class needs (None, Low, Medium, High)
    Class Need
    Burglar Medium (2)
    Captain Medium (2)
    Champion Medium (1-2)
    Guardian Low (1)
    Hunter Low (1)
    Loremaster Medium (1-2)
    Minstrel Medium (1-2)

We are more interested in good PEOPLE than classes, however. All levels are welcome, and will be well-geared in no time... But more importantly, I guarantee you will have fun, and laugh out loud, on a nightly basis.

We have cookies!

Seems there are a few people looking for a kinship right now.

It's possible Strayhold is a good fit for you. Come see. All core classes are well-represented. At this point, we are only looking for good people, class matters little.

Quote Originally Posted by TheStormKing View Post
    .... we are only looking for good people, class matters little.
    Yeah, I have no class and they took me, so all the loser spots are taken. Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Josy View Post
    Yeah, I have no class and they took me, so all the loser spots are taken. Sorry!
    We only had one of those spots in total. Eep! Now I die.

Open Recruiting is closed, for the time being.

Strayhold is an amazing group of players, utterly devoid of drama, and yet, full of opinion and fun. It's a rare mix.

Our players are highly skilled, but more importantly, willing to learn and listen. This goes for their leader too... I don't know everything, and defer to the expertise of others on a constant basis. We are a dynamic group here, and any that refuse to listen, have no chance to learn. Your humble leader included.

Are we recruiting? No... No, we aren't. Not really. We are currently in a "only RL connexions" status.

So why am I posting? Well, maybe maybe you should come visit our forums, and not just to check out our application section... Which is closed. We have just about the most active, vibrant, and humorous LotRO forums on the net... Excluding this one, of course. Come visit our people, and make a post here or there. We have some hysterically funny threads.

We also have a live chat feature, available to all. just click CHAT! at the top of the forum.

Anyway, I hope to hear from you... Or at least, see you in our forums.

be careful when you visit though...you might turn into a zombie!

Strayhold is opening recruiting up again, for all classes. As always, we are more interested in good PEOPLE than in excellent stats, so please, if you think Strayhold would be a good place to hang your hat, come visit.

Actually, you should visit our forums anyway. The forums are full of comedy, and is devoid of the endless PVP threading available here.

We are taking all classes and levels. However, most of our membership is 45+, so our desires generally fit in with that. We are looking for 6-12 new Strays, and then recruiting will close again.

We run 2-3 raids a week (all not mandatory), and all members can schedule events on the calendar, to ask for help with class/epic quests. Currently, we are focusing on the Rift and the Delving of Fror as our raid targets, but we do a LOT more than just raids!

Hope to see you soon, if not to apply, then to at least chat on our forums.

Act now and we will give you cookies. Or beer.

How about beer battered cookies? With beer?

One year and counting.

Happy birthday to one of the best kinships around! Looking forward to what the next year has in store for you all .
    [COLOR=olive]Lyriell, Elf Guardian of Carpe Jugulum [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=olive]6 Fairwood Lane, Pel-e-Maenas, Falathlorn (Silverlode)[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=teal]- Comfrey (Minstrel), Lomeloth (LM), Galmiriel (Captain), Melanna (Hunter), Curubrindal (Warden), Collinsia (Burglar)[/COLOR]

up we go ^^^^^

I'm a new member of Strayhold, and I can say that you'd be genuinely hard pressed to find a more fun, active, friendly group of folks. Strayhold is a real community where everyone works together to enjoy all aspects of the the game: crafting, raiding (we're currently raiding twice a week, but it's never required), instances, chicken-related session play activities, you name it. There's nearly always someone to group with, and there's nearly always something going on.

The Strayhold forums are a very, very active and fun place! If you're looking for a good, active, mature, and above all FUN (and FUNNY) group, check Strayhold out.

Ok, ok. Blackhawk: how much did you pay this guy?

<3 from Whispers

Quote Originally Posted by Agron5 View Post
    Ok, ok. Blackhawk: how much did you pay this guy?

<3 from Whispers
    2 pence, a box of cookies, and one pint from the Inn League Keg. Who knew people would do these types of things for so little!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050000000a6a21/01004/signature.png]Joyful[/charsig]

Mule Frothbeard, Jolly Guardian and Joyful HalfPint, Song-Singer of [url=http://kinship.strayhold.com]Strayhold[/url]

If I type something nice can I get some cookies?

Choose STRAYHOLD: Join now, Die fast, Tai gets 1 gold!

Choose STRAYHOLD: We're Noobs, But We Make Up For It By Not Helping.

Anyway, our web host is upgrading our server for some scheduled maintenance, so don't try hitting it right now. I'll post again when it's up.

EDIT: msg board up. Continue your benoobments
    Last edited by TheStormKing; Apr 28 2008 at 02:44 AM.

/ooc alert!

Am I the only one that sees this StormKing handle and immediately flashes to camping on musty for a warmly glowing sumpin or other?

Quote Originally Posted by LLwellyn View Post
    /ooc alert!

Am I the only one that sees this StormKing handle and immediately flashes to camping on musty for a warmly glowing sumpin or other?
    I have no idea what you are talking about, but I bet I'm going to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by LLwellyn View Post
    /ooc alert!

Ah Yes... the Storm Lord on Musty... home of my favorite bounty kill ever. It's a long story so I won't post it all but I'll leave this gem of a picture from it:

Looks like it was a Dimly Glowing Bone that he dropped... probably something else too. Don't remember.

I can just see leo griefing about you not letting SWG go now...

"There is no PEW PEW in lotro"

We will be slowing our applications to a urinary-tract-infection-reduced trickle very soon (when we shut of applications, generally only RL friends and family can get in at that point).

So, get in while you can.

Had the pleasure last night of grouping with Strayhold's Athran. A true Emissary of Strayhold. It was a pleasure. Just wish I'd have had more time last night, but... 5:30am rolls around awful early. lol.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast