We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Re: Greetings, from Strayhold

Quote Originally Posted by LLwellyn View Post
    /ooc alert!

Am I the only one that sees this StormKing handle and immediately flashes to camping on musty for a warmly glowing sumpin or other?
    Am I the only one who sees YOUR handle and immediately flashes images of the publisher located in an old Coca-Cola Bottling building?
    Aldmarnath (Hu/Gu/Ar) Cenmarbryt (Hu/Hu/Ex) Maralin (Dw/Mi/Ex) Penmarbor (El/LM/Hi)
    Carpe Jugulum / Silverlode 3 Waterbank Road, Ladenael, Falathorn

Quote Originally Posted by HDiver View Post
    5:30am rolls around awful early. lol.
    Yeah, that was about 1/2 an hour before I called it quits Saturday morning. Others stayed on and kept playing though!
    [URL="http://kinship.strayhold.com/index.php"][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050000000b29b0/01005/signature.png]Perradoc[/charsig][/URL]

Hi Strayhold. I run into you guys a lot!

Anyone ever hear of Blackhawk? I heard he's not hardcore.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000005c8e6/01007/signature.png]Lwarthalion[/charsig]

[B][I][/I][/B]

Applications are currently closed.
    I am Blackhawk, Leader of
    S T R A Y H O L D
    Forum
    ~Roster ~ Events
    ~ Member of the 2013 Player Council ~
    ...We were not ready to find Aztaur the Balrog, the Frozen Death, the Ice Demon of Thangorodrim. But Find Him We Did...

Come visit.
    S T R A Y H O L D
    Forum
    ~Roster ~ Events
    ...We were not ready to find Aztaur the Balrog, the Frozen Death, the Ice Demon of Thangorodrim. But Find Him We Did...

It's TSK! :]
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="1"]Are Minstrels still supposed to heal?[/SIZE][/COLOR] :confused:

Quote Originally Posted by SandioTech View Post
    It's TSK! :]
    /reported!

Everyone should swing by the forums and say hey. We're friendly and we lurk (in forums, that is). What better way to pass the day?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050000000a6a21/01004/signature.png]Joyful[/charsig]

Mule Frothbeard, Jolly Guardian and Joyful HalfPint, Song-Singer of [url=http://kinship.strayhold.com]Strayhold[/url]

/lurk

/stalk
    "Even the smallest person can change the course of the future." Galadriel
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000003c5a0/01006/signature.png]Felyne[/charsig]

We have 49 active members currently. Not a lot, not a LITTLE, but feels just right. We all know everyone in the kin. (though a random rarely played alt makes some say "err, whozzat?")

We are looking for 1-3 new members. Class is unimportant. Please visit our forums, or find me in game.
    S T R A Y H O L D
    Forum
    ~Roster ~ Events

Can I join?
    Nothing to see here...

Strayhold? I know that place. It's been a looooong time since that pesky Mage (Laerdenoth?) left town though.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by RathanTyr-Valen View Post
    Strayhold? I know that place. It's been a looooong time since that pesky Mage (Laerdenoth?) left town though.

Cheers!
    Show yourself, villain! How did you know the accursed lich-sorceror?
    S T R A Y H O L D
    Forum
    ~Roster ~ Events

We are still looking for about 1, maybe 2, more good people. Applications won't be open forever.
    S T R A Y H O L D
    Forum
    ~Roster ~ Events

Quote Originally Posted by TheStormKing View Post
    We are still looking for about 1, maybe 2, more good people. Applications won't be open forever.

Friendships are timeless :]
    But forever is a long time..

Quote Originally Posted by SandioTech View Post
    Friendships are timeless :]
    But forever is a long time..
    You are so cryptic. I'll figure that out after I run it through my tri-corder. PEW PEW!
    For the rest of Silverlode, Strayhold has opened recruiting for all classes. Please apply soon.
    S T R A Y H O L D
    Forum
    ~Roster ~ Events

Strayhold has opened applications to ALL prospects. This is regardless of class or level.

Those with NO class will not be considered, however.

We are looking for about 10-12 new members to join our merry band before Moria arrives.

Send me a PM if you have any questions at all, I'll check them early and often. Or, register at our msgboard http://kinship.strayhold.com for more information, or check my signature.

Even with no intention to join, you should still visit the msgboard. It's hysterical, and it is the most active LotRO kinship board on the Internet (that I've found, anyway ).

I hope to hear from you, and will see you in Middle-earth soon.
    S T R A Y H O L D
    Forum
    ~Roster ~ Events

Quote Originally Posted by TheStormKing View Post
    Show yourself, villain! How did you know the accursed lich-sorceror?
    I have played MERP off and on for over 20 years now. Funny story regarding the Library in that module. I was playing with a relatively new player and friend. He had the bright idea of firing off an arrow at the glass casing of the bookshelves! Instant inferno! We escaped after a nasty fight with L and his mount. And years later my cousin (the GM) wrote an excellent campaign which had us being hunted and then hunting L down from Bree all the way back to Strayhold. It was awesome.

Also, I know of a certain Blind Nazgul who might be interested in your forum name!

Anyhow, its always great to see references to the old (and best ever0 RPG.

Be well.

I ran a campaign involving Leardinoth, and it was something I was/am very proud of. In the end, Leardinoth was resurrected as a Lich / sorceror, and he led a powerful army to wipe out Strayhold. 850 orcs trolls and uruks. We had 187 people, including our PCs.

We used War Law. It was awesome, and the good guys won. One of the best ever campaigns, because the players were soo good. And this is just 1% of what happened. I could talk all day about it; but other people's campaigns are not anyone's cup-o-tea.

And if you tell Akhorahil that I'm using his moniker, let him know I killed his lieutenant, and I thumb my nose at him!

/runsaway

Quote Originally Posted by RathanTyr-Valen View Post
    I have played MERP off and on for over 20 years now. Funny story regarding the Library in that module. I was playing with a relatively new player and friend. He had the bright idea of firing off an arrow at the glass casing of the bookshelves! Instant inferno! We escaped after a nasty fight with L and his mount. And years later my cousin (the GM) wrote an excellent campaign which had us being hunted and then hunting L down from Bree all the way back to Strayhold. It was awesome.

Also, I know of a certain Blind Nazgul who might be interested in your forum name!

Anyhow, its always great to see references to the old (and best ever0 RPG.

Be well.
    S T R A Y H O L D
    Forum
    ~Roster ~ Events

Come check out Strayhold. You won't be sorry!

(Unless you are a Hobbit. NOM NOM NOM)
    S T R A Y H O L D
    Forum
    ~Roster ~ Events

Hey, guys and gals. Strayhold is open for 1-3 new people. Moria has caused... Shall we say... "Angst"... Among fine Minstrel folk. Only the most self-deprecating, self-loathing, self-WhyDidIPickMinstrel people still play this class.

Which makes you a perfect fit. We are looking for good people above good minstrels, so please apply, whatever your favorite class is.

So sayeth the loving guildleader.
    S T R A Y H O L D
    Forum
    ~Roster ~ Events

However, I believe TSK forgot to mention that if you do not willingly apply, we will come after you. With lassos. ( Perhaps TSK didnt want to give all you minstrels time to flee the county )
    [color=orange]Nanfrith[/color] [b] [i]- Back in the Action[/i][/b]
    [color=red]Me:[/color] [color=cyan]Nah I'm not running back, just revive me here.[/color] [color=maroon]Minstrel:[/color] [color=cyan]Wait, I can revive people?[/color]
    Dude, whats up with the Loremasters on [color=olive]Firefoot[/color]?
    [color=green][u][i][b]Send me a PM![/b][/i][/u][/color]

a friendly bump to encourage everyone to visit our forums, introduce yourself and tromp around. There's great topics to be found including "Let's Eat Calamari", "... and I hate this game" and a special link to Civil War pics (fascinating!). Stop by and say hello, peruse our threads or start your own. Give us something to distract us from work
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050000000a6a21/01004/signature.png]Joyful[/charsig]

Mule Frothbeard, Jolly Guardian and Joyful HalfPint, Song-Singer of [url=http://kinship.strayhold.com]Strayhold[/url]

Strayhold has opened recruiting, for 7-10 good people looking for a new home. All classes/alts are welcome to apply. Please visit our forums, we have a LOT to offer new members! Fun, time, great forum community, crafting experts, and tons of in-game knowledge make it a comfortable change for experienced players to join, and easy to integrate for new players.

Most of our players have characters that span the entire range of levels, so you will never be without companions for questing, unless you want to solo, which is always fine too.

Come have a look or just to chat. Happy to hear from any on Silverlode.

Visit any of the links in my sig, or http://kinship.strayhold.com if you have sigs turned off. Have a good day.
    S T R A Y H O L D
    Forum
    ~Roster ~ Events

The Way It Was

When Strayhold was founded, crafted gear was king. At every level, it was as good as anything you could loot - and usually, it was significantly better. At level 50, it was a sideways tradeoff with the best raided gear in the game, including the Rift gear. With that in mind, Strayhold was built without the need for the Auction Hall. We could make everything ourselves, and our internal reliance generated ties that bind between us. We were forged as a crafting guild, and we thrived! Craftapolooza was a tremendous success - and Craftapolooza 2 was 5 times as successful. We could keep each other in the best gear possible, and ignore the AH. It was grand.

The Way It Is

When Moria came out, the level cap was raised to 60, and new gear was created - Legendary Gear. 2nd Age and 1st Age items outstrip the utility of any non-legendary weapons, and Radiance armour obviated the need for hope tokens in most situations. The fact that these items were not craftable is a sore spot, as now, there was no way for a member of Strayhold to obtain these items by relying on crafting alone. Coupled with our stated avoidance of purchasing gear off the auction hall, and something had to give.

The Way It Shall Be

The new loot rule is this: the Auction Hall is officially sanctioned as a method for finding and purchasing new gear. There are a lot of good reasons to do this. First and foremost, this may have been limiting the choices available to our members who do not choose to raid. This gear should be purchasable from the AH as desired. Second, in support of our "roll on everything" loot rule, the Auction Hall can be used as a "clearing house" of sorts: if you win something you can't or don't want to equip, simply sell it to find gear you WOULD like to use.

Frequently Asked Questions (possibly maybe sometime in the future perhaps)

FAQ (pmsfp)

What if I don't like using the Auction Hall, and I don't want to spend my game time learning how to do so effectively?

Thurbrand (using his Auction rat, Surilosse) has offered to act as a 3rd party Liaison between the AH and any interested Stray. Simply send him your 2nd or 1st age gear you would like sold (with whatever instructions you might like), and he will either sell it for the maximum it is worth, or find a trader who has what you want. At that point, he will either send you back your proceeds, or the trade-in gear you REALLY wanted.

What if I don't want to roll on a piece of gear?

You are welcome not to, for whatever reason, but I discourage it. I want everyone an equal chance at all upgrades regardless of class/alts, and now any 1st/2nd age gear can net you that upgrade. Surilosse will work with you to make sure that happens. As always, your gear is YOURS. Nobody will ever tell you what to do with it.

Thanks to the officers for some good discussion on this, and Rahne specifically for the suggestion.

So sayeth the loving guildleader. It occured to me, while reading the initial post here and some of the replies, that this message of change should be appended here as well.
    S T R A Y H O L D
    Forum
    ~Roster ~ Events

tldr

Blackhawk told me that he is going to eat anyone who turns level 60.

That is the only reason I joined Strayhold. So that I would never level to 60.

/hide
    droscooooooooooooooooooooo

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast