We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Helm's Gate: Too Young. Too Old

Anyone know what emote to use in order to cheer up the men at helms gate?'

Quest description:

Men can be found along Helm's Dike, manning the gate to Helm's Deep.

Aragorn has asked you to cheer up the men.

NOTE: This quest requires emotes. You must select your target and type the correct "/emote" into the chat box.
    [color=#008080] Burzdolion of Eldar [/color]
    Dogs Of War
    [color=#1E90FF]95 Hunter 21/11/2013 11pm [GMT] [/color]...[color=#B22222]85 Warden[/color]...[color=#228b22]51 Runekeeper[/color]...

nvm found out what it was
    [color=#008080] Burzdolion of Eldar [/color]
    Dogs Of War
    [color=#1E90FF]95 Hunter 21/11/2013 11pm [GMT] [/color]...[color=#B22222]85 Warden[/color]...[color=#228b22]51 Runekeeper[/color]...

Share wnich emotes are needed pls. I'm stuck on this quest aswell
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e0100002de95a/signature.png]Trongash[/charsig]

bow, sing, surrender, last cant remmeber yet
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b2250000000c5ec9/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

bow, sing, surrender and calm
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521e00000001c7a2/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Was unable to complete.
    Situation: received quest, went upstairs (well, some mountain with some NPCs) and one NPC with blue ring.
    Yes, I knew 4 emotes that were deemed to be correct ones. Just can't remember which one I used first.
    And then:
    Some Emote 1 - not sure, maybe NPC reacted positively
    Some Emote 2 - nothing
    Some Emote 3 - nothing
    Some Emote 4 - nothing

OK, maybe there were other emotes that were not listed: used any that would seem logic to me. Still nothing.

Which leavfes me and Microsoft Excel with very simple facts, based on lotro.wiki.
    I calculated some 168 free (non-purchasable) emotes. Let us say, 18 are mounted or won't fit any way or are already listed.
    IF there is combination of just 2 emotes, we have 150*150= maximum 22.500 combinations
    Explaining: say, emote1 and emote1, then emote1 and emote2, emote1 and emote3...etc
    IF all NPCs were standing in a row, one near another (which isn't, but let us presume) and IF selecting NPC, performing emote takes only 3 seconds, then:
    22.500 * 3 = 67.500 seconds = 1125 minutes = 18.75 hours

However, all NPCs are in different locations, so it could take some 20 hours.

The only deviation is that the numbers are maximum. there could be right combination "emote1 and emote1", thus reducing to 3 seconds...or "last emote+last emote", incrreasing to 18 hours.

I do not understand why such quests exist at all. They are mindless guessing according to very unclear texts. No official hints, like "mounted emotes only" or "no festival emotes" that could reduce too large number of combinations. As for me, I deem this quest to be too hard for human being to complete. The only way to solve this quest would be to make PC guess all combinations.

Turbine, please reconsider this quest. Make it doable.

You are aware that you actually have to be targeting the NPC while performing the Emote to get credit for it... Right?

Anyway, this quest (and others like it) are simply riddles. They give you a snippet of information and allow you to try to discern the correct answer from there. Now, I can understand how this may be too mentally taxing on some... But, if you're going to necro a thread that already had the correct emotes listed for over 2 months, then this is no ones fault but your own.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    You are aware that you actually have to be targeting the NPC while performing the Emote to get credit for it... Right?

Anyway, this quest (and others like it) are simply riddles. They give you a snippet of information and allow you to try to discern the correct answer from there. Now, I can understand how this may be too mentally taxing on some... But, if you're going to necro a thread that already had the correct emotes listed for over 2 months, then this is no ones fault but your own.
    Exactly this, too many people don't even read the quests or dialogue and then moan on forums about said quests or in global. A simple quest with the answers already above anyway. Takes a couple mins to finish quest after riding to each npc
    [URL=http://s1258.photobucket.com/user/Martwen/media/sha2l_zpsbf9a8b2a.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii524/Martwen/sha2l_zpsbf9a8b2a.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[Shalbor-R6 RK] [Loritz-R8 BA] [Spidersense-R9 Weaver]

In case I have written not so clear, I repeat:
    at the second emote ALL listed emoted were used and none worked.
    In other terms: at second emote 100% emotes that were listed in forums did not work.
    I was targeting NPC. I was not mounted. I was facing NPC. I read what that lame NPC wanted.

And the quest did not advance a bit. None of emotes worked.
    Could any Kinship try every possible emote and post a walkthrough? I really do not have 18 hours and tons of paper to try each single combination. It may require only some 150 members, each trying one single comination like "emote1+emote1", second kinnie - "emote1+emote2"...and so untill "emote 150+emote 150".

P.S. ABout "necro" - I am not sure creating new topic is a better solution. If there is topic about quest A, it may be more rational to keep all discussions about it in one topic, instead of 10.

Quote Originally Posted by NaktiesKarys View Post
    In case I have written not so clear, I repeat:
    at the second emote ALL listed emoted were used and none worked.
    In other terms: at second emote 100% emotes that were listed in forums did not work.
    I was targeting NPC. I was not mounted. I was facing NPC. I read what that lame NPC wanted.

And the quest did not advance a bit. None of emotes worked.
    Could any Kinship try every possible emote and post a walkthrough? I really do not have 18 hours and tons of paper to try each single combination. It may require only some 150 members, each trying one single comination like "emote1+emote1", second kinnie - "emote1+emote2"...and so untill "emote 150+emote 150".

P.S. ABout "necro" - I am not sure creating new topic is a better solution. If there is topic about quest A, it may be more rational to keep all discussions about it in one topic, instead of 10.
    At wich NPC are you? If you write down the quest-text we can tell you exactly which one is needed. If that one doesn't work it's time to /bug it.

Regards
    /T
    Dawarad HNT | Dawadan MIN | Dawfast CMP | Dawaran CPT | Dawmur GRD | Dawared WRD | Dawagrim RK | Dawaras LM | Daweric BRG | Dawagar MIN | Dawarar CMP | Dawnakh WRG | Dawbag BA | Dawgil WVR | Dawglob WL |

I am at none NPC (what a pity I can't stomp them into ground, make 65536 pieces of them with my axe and thus make their sorrow end!). Cancelled quest after several futile attempts. There was one lame NPC at the mountains to the left, thinking about being {some word I have forgotten - hailed, treated like?} a King.

But don't bother, there are other NPCs with the same 18 hours for each one and no walkthrough (googled for this quest - so far zero walkthrought except the topic we are in).

I am at none NPC (what a pity I can't stomp them into ground, make 65536 pieces of them with my axe and thus make their sorrow end!). Cancelled quest after several futile attempts. There was one lame NPC at the mountains to the left, thinking about being {some word I have forgotten - hailed, treated like?} a King.

But don't bother, there are other NPCs with the same 18 hours for each one and no walkthrough (googled for this quest - so far zero walkthrought except the topic we are in).
    18 Hours? Each? I think you have misunderstood something here. There are no combinations to test. It's is one emote per NPC and when you get that one right the game tells you and you can go to the next NPC. So even if you do blind testing with all emotes a to z on every NPC there are only 600 tests to make total for all 4 (assuming 150 emotes to test on each) which should be doable in some 15 minutes tops. (Assuming you on average will hit the right one after testing half of them and 3 seconds per emote)

But why test blindly? What do you do in front of a King? Or how do you encourage someone who likes to listen to music before the battle?

Or have a look here where Southy2010 explains it all pretty well (In a very fun way if you ask me...)

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-Young-Too-Old

And if the correct ones don't work: bug it!

Regards
    /T
    Dawarad HNT | Dawadan MIN | Dawfast CMP | Dawaran CPT | Dawmur GRD | Dawared WRD | Dawagrim RK | Dawaras LM | Daweric BRG | Dawagar MIN | Dawarar CMP | Dawnakh WRG | Dawbag BA | Dawgil WVR | Dawglob WL |

Was unable to complete.
    I do not understand why such quests exist at all. They are mindless guessing according to very unclear texts. No official hints, like "mounted emotes only" or "no festival emotes" that could reduce too large number of combinations. As for me, I deem this quest to be too hard for human being to complete. The only way to solve this quest would be to make PC guess all combinations.

Turbine, please reconsider this quest. Make it doable.
    The quest is totally doable, just requires a few minutes to locate the NPC's and patience....you do know that it is a virtue right? :P No apologies at all here, but to complain about something so trivial is exactly that...trivial. You do realize don't you that the troops would have appreciated encouragement from their Commanders in the battle for Helm's Deep, so, the quest makes perfect sense.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000241fb6/signature.png]Galaetea[/charsig]

"There will be no Dawn for Men" ~ Saruman the White

Quote Originally Posted by Octaviane View Post
    The quest is totally doable, just requires a few minutes to locate the NPC's and patience....you do know that it is a virtue right? :P
    Maybe he was just too bored by repetitive content to be patient any more. Like me and many others I talked to.

No apologies at all here, but to complain about something so trivial is exactly that...trivial.
    For me it was not trivial. English is not my native language, and the German version is just lacking. Other quest requiring emotes were no problem because the description was better.

You do realize don't you that the troops would have appreciated encouragement from their Commanders in the battle for Helm's Deep, so, the quest makes perfect sense.
    Here you are wrong. 1. You are not their commander. Hence it is not your task to motivate them. You are just some random guy that happened to be there. Actually, 2. if you are hobbit/elf/dwarf you should not even be at HD during the battle.
    I'm not saying let's go kill all the stupid people. ... I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

I never said I was their Commander and I guess you haven't served a tour of duty in the Military or been given encouraging words from a colleague or friend. It is a trivial complaint regardless and is very indicative of "when I have complained about everything else, have nothing better to do, nothing left to do, then let me find the smallest annoyance that I can to further my discontent" There is a solution you know.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000241fb6/signature.png]Galaetea[/charsig]

"There will be no Dawn for Men" ~ Saruman the White

Looks like I am explaining is some...unknown language...though it seems it was English. Trying to simplify:
    I approach NPC.
    I am not mounted (=on foot)
    I select NPC
    I perform one of 4 mentioned emotes
    NPC reacts somehow (like "NPC is in tears..." or alike)
    Quest does not advance: i.e. number of NPCs encouraged is zero
    I try emote 2
    NPC does not react
    I try emote 3
    NPC does not react
    I try emote 4
    NPC does not react.

Which leads me to possible conclusion that there are two emotes to perform.
    Hence, my calculations: 150 possible emotes for first one. 150 possible emotes for second one.
    I do not comment rumours from some players that the right combination requires entire 4 emotes in a row.

Then: if NPC wants to be treated like a King, it may mean anything - bow, hail, greet, salute...even challenge (like "i am challenging King's enemies to mortal combat") and alike. Each emote can be ascribed as fitting to the King, except maybe few, like /bio.

I do have patience when I need to kill some 240 critters to get "Critter slayer advanced" - at least it rewards witg valuable Turbine points. I have patience to craft metal ingots or same stackable weapons to get mastery in my crafting. But to mindlessly guess one emote after another without having ANY logical clue, any official hint – it is too much.

I would really appreciate if somebody posts a walkthrough. If there are 2 combinations (emote+emote), then it would take almost a week to guess, a week I do not have to spare for just one quest.

Looks like I am explaining is some...unknown language...though it seems it was English.
    We know what English is... But, the grammar you've been using makes me think that you wrote your post in some other language, then used a shoddy translator to turn it into English.
    Trying to simplify:
    I approach NPC.
    I am not mounted (=on foot)
    I select NPC
    I perform one of 4 mentioned emotes
    NPC reacts somehow (like "NPC is in tears..." or alike)
    Quest does not advance: i.e. number of NPCs encouraged is zero
    I try emote 2
    NPC does not react
    I try emote 3
    NPC does not react
    I try emote 4
    NPC does not react.
    Then, there are 2 possible conclusions. a) You did something wrong. b) The quest is bugged.
    But, since I've taken over a dozen characters though HD, and none of them have had a problem with this quest, I'm leaning towards you having done something wrong.
    Which leads me to possible conclusion that there are two emotes to perform.
    That's wrong. You only have to perform one (1) emote per NPC.

Now, if you were to record yourself attempting to go through with this quest, specifically showing what you're targeting and what emote you're using, then I could offer more concrete advice.