We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Old player returning with a question.

My highest level character is a level 40 Burglar and last night i re-installed to check out some of the changes with new builds and animations but i ran into an issue. I previously bought the Mines of Moria Complete Edition that includes Shadows of Angmar but when i go to old zones like Angmar it still asked me to pay to unlock those zones. Is this just a bug or am i expected to pay more money to quest in area's i thought i had originally purchased?

If required id pay the cost of a sub just to avoid the added fees but i wanted to make sure before i spent money that the alert i'm getting is accurate and not some known bug. Also where do i go to redeem cd keys now or is that even needed anymore?

Thanks for any help you guys can offer.

Quote Originally Posted by itbewilly View Post
    My highest level character is a level 40 Burglar and last night i re-installed to check out some of the changes with new builds and animations but i ran into an issue. I previously bought the Mines of Moria Complete Edition that includes Shadows of Angmar but when i go to old zones like Angmar it still asked me to pay to unlock those zones. Is this just a bug or am i expected to pay more money to quest in area's i thought i had originally purchased?

If required id pay the cost of a sub just to avoid the added fees but i wanted to make sure before i spent money that the alert i'm getting is accurate and not some known bug. Also where do i go to redeem cd keys now or is that even needed anymore?

Thanks for any help you guys can offer.

When you originally bought Shadows of Angmar, you did not buy access to all areas in the game. You just bought the game itself. To access any of the areas in the game you also had to pay a monthly subscription fee (at least if you played before the game went free-to-play which I assume is the case.) Today you can download the game itself for free. To access the non-expansion areas you can either pay a monthly fee (going VIP) just like before, or buy the corresponding questpacks one by one as needed from the in-game store. The expansions need to be bought by everybody, VIP or not, to have access to those areas.
    Purchase of questpacks are account-wide, so they apply to all your characters, on all servers.
    (By 'access' I mean the ability to do quests and deeds in that area. Just entering a region does not require any particular purchase.)

(Everybody has access to the Shire, Ered Luin, Bree-land and Lone Lands regions. As you have bought the Mines of Moria expansion you will also have access to Moria. Depending on exactly when you bought Moria it may also give access to Lothlorien.)

To redeem CD-keys (if needed) go to https://myaccount.turbine.com/index.php and login to your account. Then you can redeem any unused keys you may have.

If required id pay the cost of a sub
    I'd say if you're willing to pay for the sub, that's the easiest way to go. I'd rather spend the $10/month myself to know I don't have to worry about what quest packs I do or don't own.

... I previously bought the Mines of Moria Complete Edition that includes Shadows of Angmar but when i go to old zones like Angmar it still asked me to pay to unlock those zones. Is this just a bug or am i expected to pay more money to quest in area's i thought i had originally purchased? ...
    Unless you are VIP or Lifemember you only own Shadows of Angmar starter area (The Shire, Ered Luin, Breeland, Lone Lands) & Mines of Moria expansion. In order to do quests in any other area you most unlock the quest packs &/or expansion. You can do this with real cash or TP. TP can be earned in game or buy with real cash.