We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Greatly confused new player.

Hi there I'm a brand new player and im kinda confused on what Im doing in the world

I am playing a Loremaster and I don't know if this is a good class or not?

What professions are best for my loremaster?

Is it to late to get into the game?

Are there better classes out there for someone new?

What are the advantages of going vip

Quote Originally Posted by TeaRex View Post
    Hi there I'm a brand new player and im kinda confused on what Im doing in the world

I am playing a Loremaster and I don't know if this is a good class or not?

What professions are best for my loremaster?

Is it to late to get into the game?

Are there better classes out there for someone new?

What are the advantages of going vip
    Lore MAster is a very good class. Its a caster class, and it's very fun.

Pretty much any, you could make your armour, (tailor), or your weapons (woodsman), or your jewels (tinker). Any are good for you.

It is not too late. With the update it will only be 10 extra levels for you to go through.

There could be better classes, yes. But its mostly personal preference. If you like to stun the #### out of stuffs, LM is good for you.

VIP unlocks quest regions, trait slots, and travel destinations. Very smart to go VIP for AT LEAST 1 month, it will be much harder to lvl without the regions.

Hope this helped Welcome to LotRO!

"Thinking you can do something is confidence; doing something is competence"
    Bannerman, r11 War-Leader/
    Ryzer, r13 Captain/ Ryzur, Minstrel.
    Skill and Valour/Divide Et Impera, Landroval. .

Is there a better class I can play?

Like maybe a Champion or something? I like the LM but I also like hitting stuff with big weapons. I also like the idea of the Hunter...but Im not to sure

Like maybe a Champion or something? I like the LM but I also like hitting stuff with big weapons. I also like the idea of the Hunter...but Im not to sure
    Depends on what you mean by "better" ? All classes are good in some way.

We don't know what kind of class you would enjoy. Just pick a class and try it. If you don't like it try another.

Since your available character slots are per server you can easily create a character of each class (spread out over several servers) so you can try them all out
    and see which one you like best.

Hunter is considered one of the easier classes for a beginner. You shoot stuff at long range. Most combats follow a patter like: you shoot at long range and keep shooting as it runs up to you, it hits you once, you hit it once and it dies. Repeat. Then you learn how to use higher level skills like traps to handle two opponents. Hunters also get an out of combat speed boost toggle so you can just move around faster. Later you start getting travel skills that let you port yourself (and your fellowship if in a group) to the various towns and settlements.

Explorer is a good profession for Hunter. You can harvest ore and wood and convert them to ingots and boards. You can also convert hides from looted kills to leather. Finally, the Tailor skills let you make your own Medium Armor. For weapons and jewelery, you save up your wood, ingots, and the gems you find in ore nodes and ask weaponsmiths (melee), woodworkers (bows and wooden weapons), or jewelers to make stuff for you. You'll generally find them in the same crafting hall where you're making medium armor.

Champion is also an easy class. You run up to the enemies and pound them. Soon you learn how to pound 2-3-4 at a time. You have to run to them rather than them running to you.
    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Loringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard
    http://www.theoldergamers.com