We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Level 85-95 questing

Im working Book 11, having received the map and npc starter quest.
    But my question is.....is there any actual questing aside from the Epic Quests in Westemnet? If so, where does one start them? As I rode to Edoras, I saw no quest givers, etc.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000011d9cf/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Afuna View Post
    Im working Book 11, having received the map and npc starter quest.
    But my question is.....is there any actual questing aside from the Epic Quests in Westemnet? If so, where does one start them? As I rode to Edoras, I saw no quest givers, etc.
    You have to go to Edoras and get through the whole "Gandalf smacks Wormtongue and buffs Theoden" bit. After that and a few more talkie/run around Epics you'll start getting regular quests. There's a big set in Edoras and you'll start getting vectors to other places, like Entwade.

Takes about 20-30 min to get through the lead in Epics.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Yup.
    I was too impatient. Im at starting my quests. Thanks so much!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000011d9cf/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Nosdracir View Post
    There's a big set in Edoras and you'll start getting vectors to other places, like Entwade.
    All I got after finishing III.11 was Eowyn's teleport quest to Entwade. Are there other quests in Edoras? Somewhat weird quest design to put a teleport as the only quest available from the person you're talking to at the time these others open up, if that's the case. That would explain why Entwade quests are 86 when III.11 only gives you half a level, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by J_Howell View Post
    All I got after finishing III.11 was Eowyn's teleport quest to Entwade. Are there other quests in Edoras? Somewhat weird quest design to put a teleport as the only quest available from the person you're talking to at the time these others open up, if that's the case. That would explain why Entwade quests are 86 when III.11 only gives you half a level, I guess.
    There's a whole "Leaving Edoras" quest set that starts with Eowyn. Run around dealing with a bunch of Rohirric Drama Queens. Um...I think it starts when you "travel" with Eowyn back inside Meduseld and listen to her advisors (plan bio break here). Then you talk to advisors around town and get 1-2 quests from each.

When you hit 86, you'll run into Gandalf in town with a vector quest to either Underharrow or Middlemead (and I forget who vectors you to the other.)

Sometimes Eowyn is a bit flakey with the quest rings. You get one, but if you go somewhere or even just turn around and back, she has a new quest ring and a second quest.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Trying not to be too negative, but I have to say so far I'm not really thrilled with the quests so far.

The vectors out of/around Edoras are kind of a jumble (and yes, I am reading all the text), and the quests themselves, on the whole, are feeling like the kind of thing you should be doing at level 5, not 85+. I mean, yes, there are going to be collection/fedex quests, but could you at least have the trappings of something heroic? As it is "clean up the tables / get some tent pegs / hand out food" feels incredibly 'meh' to me. The one quest where you have to do drudgery to cheer up people is fine. I don't mind the occasional quest where you have to be humble or what have you. But in my opinion too many of the quests so far don't even try to make it seem like you're doing something grand.

Not every quest needs to be over-the-top grandiose, but it is getting on my nerves that my char keeps running into 'allies' who tell me to do things pretty darned similar to what the orc bosses in Orthanc were having him do while he was being kept as a slave.
    I had
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000001a6174/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    as a sig before it was popular