We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Low level captains...?

Greetings,

I've always been drawn towards Captains, made several over the past few years and have always discontinued them late 30s, early 40s. I always felt like I had too many buttons to press, too few of which were actual damage skills. I also couldn't help but notice that half the time I was waiting for some special event to trigger. I also never understood why I had so many fellowship-skills when everyone knows lowlevel content hardly ever gets "PUGed" anymore. Furthermore, the herald... how very very lackluster he was?

How has Helm's Deep affected any of this? Does a new Captain now have more options at his disposal, especially in regards to combat? I understand a lot of people will argue that "in the end" a Captain has plenty of options, but for this slowpoke "in the end" is a very long road and I'd rather enjoy every second of it than wait for some sort of epiphany at 75+

Brgds
    Cam

Quote Originally Posted by Cambruin View Post
    I always felt like I had too many buttons to press, too few of which were actual damage skills.
    The number of buttons has been trimmed down a bit, with the number of attacks staying roughly the same, which leaves you able to attack slightly more in comparison.

I also couldn't help but notice that half the time I was waiting for some special event to trigger.
    Defeat responses don't require that trigger anymore, but the trigger will make them stronger.

I also never understood why I had so many fellowship-skills when everyone knows lowlevel content hardly ever gets "PUGed" anymore.
    The captain is supposed to be a bit of a walking fellowship on his own. When lacking for other actual players, your herald makes a good target for fellowship stuff. (Fellowship stuff is a captain's bread and butter.)

Furthermore, the herald... how very very lackluster he was?
    Not as badly anymore, and you're also now able to use a banner with a herald, so you're not nerfing yourself to use it.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]