We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Considering joining a roleplay server

I'm considering joining Landroval to start roleplaying a bit. I have a name already all picked out for my elf, and a backstory already written, but I have a couple questions, as I have never ropeplayed in LOTRO before.

1. Is it suggested that I roleplay often? This would be an alt. My main is on Gladden, and I do not roleplay with her. I'm not planning on being on this character crazy often, maybe once or twice a week.
    2. Is it suggested that I find a kinship as soon as possible? I am a very chatty person, and I know that will be part of my elf's personality.
    3. Anyone on Landroval willing to help me out a bit if I do decide to join this server?

Thanks,
    Mak
    GLADDEN: Makaia GRD, Erchelm MIN, Ebonia WRD, Kaei RNK, Calielle LM - Rangers of the West

Greatings! Roleplay is really fun, and to answer one of your questions, you don't have to do it often. You can do whenever your in the mood to Roleplay.
    Your other question, one of my characters that I RP with, (roleplay.) Doesn't have a kin. If you want to be part of kin activities. Then yes I suggest you get one, but if you just want to hang out at the pony, a kin doesn't matter.
    I am on Landroval, and if our times is right, then I can help you out!

Quote Originally Posted by rangerofthewest View Post
    Greatings! Roleplay is really fun, and to answer one of your questions, you don't have to do it often. You can do whenever your in the mood to Roleplay.
    Your other question, one of my characters that I RP with, (roleplay.) Doesn't have a kin. If you want to be part of kin activities. Then yes I suggest you get one, but if you just want to hang out at the pony, a kin doesn't matter.
    I am on Landroval, and if our times is right, then I can help you out!
    Thank you for the answered questions I am a pretty social person, so I probably would join a kinship!

That would be lovely, I'm planning on making my character today.
    GLADDEN: Makaia GRD, Erchelm MIN, Ebonia WRD, Kaei RNK, Calielle LM - Rangers of the West

Quote Originally Posted by Makaia View Post
    I'm considering joining Landroval to start roleplaying a bit. I have a name already all picked out for my elf, and a backstory already written, but I have a couple questions, as I have never ropeplayed in LOTRO before.
    I cannot really help you Mak as I play on Laurelin, I just wanted to wish you good luck and happy adventuring in Middle Earth.
    Khalis - A Captain of Imladris and Maethor of House Vanimar

Quote Originally Posted by Khalis_Laurelin View Post
    I cannot really help you Mak as I play on Laurelin, I just wanted to wish you good luck and happy adventuring in Middle Earth.
    Thank you so much! I considering joining Laurelin, but as it is a roleplay required server, and I am very new to roleplay in an MMO, I don't feel experienced enough to join yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Makaia View Post
    Thank you so much! I considering joining Laurelin, but as it is a roleplay required server, and I am very new to roleplay in an MMO, I don't feel experienced enough to join yet.
    Oh no sorry you have Laurelin all wrong. You do not HAVE to roleplay to be on the server, and indeed there are kins like any other server who just do instances, raids and other things. The unique thing about Laurelin is that is has a ruleset unique to Laurelin which is a legacy from when Codemasters ran the european servers. This is mainly noticed in the way for the most part everyones name is in keeping with middle earth. So no RoXXor names etc. It also for the most part has a nice sensible player base, in all my many years there now I have only encountered one or two griefers and these were quickly dealt with by the GMs.

Its also primarily as I mentioned above a European based timezone server but more and more US timezone players are making their home there, we have some in our kinship who seem very happy.

Hope this information helps.

REgards
    K
    Khalis - A Captain of Imladris and Maethor of House Vanimar