We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hunter's Heightened Senses

Well, after the massive revamp all classes got for HD, some skills (and traits) were removed from the game. Among them was the hunter's trait "Heightened Senses". That trait was the only counter to perma stealth (wargs), the whole freepside had. Wargs are being able to track stealthed foes, while they are a class with access to perma stealth... On top of that every creep can track one specific race via consumables for a minimal cost.

When there is perma-stealth in open world pvp, there HAS to be a counter to it. At the moment freeps have none.

I know I'm probably wasting my time here, since Turbine does not give a damn about the game anymore, but the trait needs to come back in one way or another.

PS: Do not mention ballance between sides, because it has nothing to do with this issue. I know things are terrible...

PS2: P2W items are not a sollution or the answer.
    ~Nimolas R11 Warden (Retired before RoR) (Snowbourn)

~Eralwen R10 hunter

LMs still have the skill to grant +3 stealth detect. It's not a long term buff though and you have to cast it regularly on your hunter and burglar friends.
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

The Oath: A Novel by Elie Wiesel

Quote Originally Posted by Yelloweyedemon View Post
    Well, after the massive revamp all classes got for HD, some skills (and traits) were removed from the game. Among them was the hunter's trait "Heightened Senses". That trait was the only counter to perma stealth (wargs), the whole freepside had. Wargs are being able to track stealthed foes, while they are a class with access to perma stealth... On top of that every creep can track one specific race via consumables for a minimal cost.

When there is perma-stealth in open world pvp, there HAS to be a counter to it. At the moment freeps have none.

I know I'm probably wasting my time here, since Turbine does not give a damn about the game anymore, but the trait needs to come back in one way or another.

PS: Do not mention ballance between sides, because it has nothing to do with this issue. I know things are terrible...

PS2: P2W items are not a sollution or the answer.
    lol they removed steatlh tracking from freeps while wargs can do it and still be able to dissappear from combat everry min?
    what were you thinking turbine?

meh lol
    im glad i retired my hunter ages ago
    join our ranks bro ; wardenhood doesnt care about stealthers we dot them to death
    [CENTER][SIZE=3][B][COLOR=#666699][FONT=Georgia]~ [/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=purple]MeL [/COLOR][/FONT][/B][B][COLOR=#666699][FONT=Georgia]~[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon]Circle of Trust[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3][COLOR=#666699][COLOR=purple]Melowar [/COLOR]~ [COLOR=darkgreen]MeL thyPointedEarHunter [/COLOR]~ [COLOR=red]Crymeareaver[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][FONT=Palatino Linotype][URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?399046-Join-Warden-Squad-of-Snowbourn-%21&p=5428178#post5428178"][I][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkslateblue][B]Join Warden Squad Today![/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/I][/URL][/FONT][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]_______[/COLOR][FONT=Garamond][SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][B][I]Snowbourn[/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]__[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]___[/COLOR]__[/COLOR][URL="http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=381206"][I][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkslateblue][B]PvMP Video/Movie Gallery[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/I][/URL][/FONT][/CENTER]

What's the creep counter to overwhelming freep dps healing and CC? At the moment creeps have none.

It's still there, it's just in the yellow line, and it takes (IIRC) 22 skill points in the yellow line to get it.

I brought this up during beta but got no response.

Quote Originally Posted by Moors-Battlemaster View Post
    What's the creep counter to overwhelming freep dps healing and CC? At the moment creeps have none.
    Six additional corruption slots.

The Moors is always unbalanced after levels are raised. Give em time to smooth things out.

Didn't I mention NOT to discuss ballance issues here? It has nothing to do with perma stealth counter. Yes things are terrible, but if you wanna complain about that there's another 298463 threads about it. Move along.

~Eralwen R10 hunter

Been saying it for a while now: Heightened Senses should be a passive skill.

With 90s hips, tracking talismans REALLY need to be added on freepside

Heightened senses a trait remains, but the stealth tracking does not, to who said they can still get the trait, instead it adds to evade and stealth detection iirc?

anyway, yellow hunter vs warg:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R26Q43-n7vs

idk if its OP or just a very new fun and exciting CC mechanic.

Vilya: r11 Hunter, r11 Reaver, r7 WL r7 Defiler
    Snowbourne: r3 Warg
    Imladris: r7 Spider

Quote Originally Posted by Intharth View Post
    Heightened senses a trait remains, but the stealth tracking does not, to who said they can still get the trait, instead it adds to evade and stealth detection iirc?

anyway, yellow hunter vs warg:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R26Q43-n7vs

idk if its OP or just a very new fun and exciting CC mechanic.
    This must have been one of the worst wargs I've seen. And I've seen a lot! If a such bad played warg can drop a hunter to 3k (after he used everything), I would not call yellow line OP.. lol

~Eralwen R10 hunter

This must have been one of the worst wargs I've seen. And I've seen a lot! If a such bad played warg can drop a hunter to 3k (after he used everything), I would not call yellow line OP.. lol
    Ok i didn't expect that response...let me explain,

Since as far back as i can remember, that warg has been one of the best on the server, and he also understands -unlike many- how bad hunter survivability is. ~theres r13-14 wargs on vilya who think they NEED packs to kill me-

Luzhou nerfs himself on purpose, just like how in RoR, our champs would not use bubbles/dn and i would not use ATO/wrath/DR. i admit he was unlucky i hit my snare and i got him popped with stealth detect.

He will not hips or sprint in 1v1 with me, and you will see, when i upload my RoR video -when i get round to finish editting it- that me and him had some of the best dps races in the video, alot of wargs will cry when CoTH is used, but luzhou says 'i can understand it, i feel hunters needed something like that to even the odds a bit after the knockdown/positional damage'

In all fairness to him he didn't know i was gonna go the ToF line probably ... :') i was blue untill HD hit. using the triple trap to benefit my slower inductions also hindered his performance, before i had no roots/snares incombat, so i had to be fast, now i can root him, turn, swift bow at my leisure. and then drop more snares. notice at the end he tried to stop? i don't like flat out winning i love my close fights, and so does he, and we both love to play it as fairly as possible, though i have said to hm he can pot, because i know he wasn't and that affects the ToF line alot.

On another note, one of my good friends and equally one of the best wargs alongside luzhou, kills me in the same situation, only difference is he doesn't go AS easy as luzhou would, hehe, flankrat or 'diggaa' as he is now known, is a great warg. and his videos are evidence of such.

Anyways i hope that clears a few tings up, cuz luzhou is most definitely not a bad warg :P

Quote Originally Posted by Intharth View Post
    Ok i didn't expect that response...let me explain,

Since as far back as i can remember, that warg has been one of the best on the server, and he also understands -unlike many- how bad hunter survivability is. ~theres r13-14 wargs on vilya who think they NEED packs to kill me-

Luzhou nerfs himself on purpose, just like how in RoR, our champs would not use bubbles/dn and i would not use ATO/wrath/DR. i admit he was unlucky i hit my snare and i got him popped with stealth detect.

He will not hips or sprint in 1v1 with me, and you will see, when i upload my RoR video -when i get round to finish editting it- that me and him had some of the best dps races in the video, alot of wargs will cry when CoTH is used, but luzhou says 'i can understand it, i feel hunters needed something like that to even the odds a bit after the knockdown/positional damage'

In all fairness to him he didn't know i was gonna go the ToF line probably ... :') i was blue untill HD hit. using the triple trap to benefit my slower inductions also hindered his performance, before i had no roots/snares incombat, so i had to be fast, now i can root him, turn, swift bow at my leisure. and then drop more snares. notice at the end he tried to stop? i don't like flat out winning i love my close fights, and so does he, and we both love to play it as fairly as possible, though i have said to hm he can pot, because i know he wasn't and that affects the ToF line alot.

On another note, one of my good friends and equally one of the best wargs alongside luzhou, kills me in the same situation, only difference is he doesn't go AS easy as luzhou would, hehe, flankrat or 'diggaa' as he is now known, is a great warg. and his videos are evidence of such.

Anyways i hope that clears a few tings up, cuz luzhou is most definitely not a bad warg :P
    Just two things: Personally, bringing a vid where you both went all out would be far more meaningful. And, since you didn't, an explanation beforehand would of been good. For outsiders it's kinda hard to judge if he just goes (way to) easy on you, or he just blows. Anyways, it's always so much easier being clever after, eh.
    I like your singing though.
    [IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/547875_10152075720742701_46971757_n.jpg[/IMG]
    66 Maggot Street, Grothum, Arador's End, Ettenmoors.
    Laurelin/Landroval/Brandywine.

Quote Originally Posted by poxnoxious View Post
    Just two things: Personally, bringing a vid where you both went all out would be far more meaningful. And, since you didn't, an explanation beforehand would of been good. For outsiders it's kinda hard to judge if he just goes (way to) easy on you, or he just blows. Anyways, it's always so much easier being clever after, eh.
    I like your singing though.
    not me singing, thats the ranger in group trololoing at a ba hitting evade.. :P

and sorry about my pre-emptive, i fought a r8 warg who went all out an i won...and a p2w r7 reaver so, its not all doom and gloom i suppose? i still need much better gear -mostly instance/skirm vendor gear on at this point-

I don't know much about hunters, but some of the first 95s in the server are hunters and some of thier new stuff scared me lol. First their was like a scarecrow chilling there, ###. Then those spikes came out of the ground and I was like ####. Then I remembered he still had 85 gear, and blew him up with an impale trololol.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020100004f382b/signature.png]Bloodbad[/charsig]

Didn't I mention NOT to discuss ballance issues here? It has nothing to do with perma stealth counter. Yes things are terrible, but if you wanna complain about that there's another 298463 threads about it. Move along.
    So basically what you're saying, is ignore the things that benefit us and focus on the things that don't benefit us.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdflies View Post
    I don't know much about hunters, but some of the first 95s in the server are hunters and some of thier new stuff scared me lol. First their was like a scarecrow chilling there, ###. Then those spikes came out of the ground and I was like ####. Then I remembered he still had 85 gear, and blew him up with an impale trololol.
    Redline hunters are going to be snipers solo and Turret nukes in RvR. Not looking forward to their dps when concentrated with 4-6 hunters.

When there is perma-stealth in open world pvp, there HAS to be a counter to it.

.............................. ................Agreed, if things go 'as planned' I don't see why hunters should have it though. Seems like a stereo-type way of thinking. "Oh look, I carry a bow, I know how to track shizzle. Get out of my way!". The dawn of men is upon us, Aragorn did it, it's time for lego-lass to step aside? Cabby traxxes inc.?
    [IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/547875_10152075720742701_46971757_n.jpg[/IMG]

Stealth is one easy way to implement that good ol' element of surprise. I don't agree stealth as such should be counterable, it's more of a matter what happens after stealth is broken, innit? It's another 'platform', but in imho one worth considering.

So basically what you're saying, is ignore the things that benefit us and focus on the things that don't benefit us.
    This is not a freep vs creep QQ thread. The topic is stealth counter. If you can't stay on it, and you just wanna cry about faction ballance, you are welcome to do so in the other 5 thousand threads about it.

~Eralwen R10 hunter

.............................. ................Agreed, if things go 'as planned' I don't see why hunters should have it though. Seems like a stereo-type way of thinking. "Oh look, I carry a bow, I know how to track shizzle. Get out of my way!". The dawn of men is upon us, Aragorn did it, it's time for lego-lass to step aside? Cabby traxxes inc.?
    Hunters are probably the only class that has next to zero self healing, and they can't really afford to be ambushed.

Also Aragorn's "class" is not playable.

Stealth is one easy way to implement that good ol' element of surprise. I don't agree stealth as such should be counterable, it's more of a matter what happens after stealth is broken, innit? It's another 'platform', but in imho one worth considering.
    Eerm.. If you have open-world pvp and classes with perma-stealth without a way to counter it, there are gonna be too many problems. Especially on a system where killing players benefits you.

Look what's happening in GW2 atm with thieves...

Lotro eliminated the problem from the beginning with the tracking system, I don't see why bringing the problem back now...

~Eralwen R10 hunter

Hunters are probably the only class that has next to zero self healing, and they can't really afford to be ambushed.

Also Aragorn's "class" is not playable.

Eerm.. If you have open-world pvp and classes with perma-stealth without a way to counter it, there are gonna be too many problems. Especially on a system where killing players benefits you.

Look what's happening in GW2 atm with thieves...

Lotro eliminated the problem from the beginning with the tracking system, I don't see why bringing the problem back now...
    nah, I agree...was sorta just trying to play the ball into a new field, but it's not really worth it in hindsight. (neither are downing endless quantities of xmas brewskies on yer own a saturday night...but that's an entirely different matter.)