We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    /signed

I do hope the cost of those chests will be reduced.

Pricing in this game has gotten downright stupid when you convert any of this to real-life cash. I hope as turbine sees drops in participation & purchasing they don't do the ENTIRELY WRONG THING and raise prices further/try selling more features to make up for it. Drop your pricing Turbine, start making in-game money "fun" again and not something anybody with a responsible home budget has to hoard.

Too MUCH!

The cost of the housing storage is just WAY too much. To have it converted to a vault-like configuration is a great idea, however when getting a new house, you should be able to purchase the base storage for the same price that you always could! After that, to have upgrade pricing is fine. Agreed with other posters that kinship houses should have an in-world gold option - or a way for all members to contribute mithril coins to the expansion rather than just putting it on one person. Kinships are a cooperative concept and this should be no different.

/signed

Every point I would make has already been stated. It's a poor decision, and I hope they reconsider.

I'd like to add that while I don't mind paying TP or even a (small) amount of mithril coins to expand my personal housing storage, kin storage needs to be payable via in-game gold, so that the entire kinship can contribute to the project.

A kin vault / bank would be a BIG help in that regard.

I would also like to add that if they can't / won't lower the cost, then at least INCREASE the amount of storage I'd be purchasing at said prices.

6. In your pursuit of more money, I think you've lost perspective on your current audience. Oh, I get it that you need to increase revenue. But this looks like a bad gamble.

First the gold. I can fully understand some in-game inflation, especially with so many level-cap chars and folks with multiple alts, as well as the increase of gold from the selling of hobbit presents. But 125g for more storage, after I just paid 25g for the previous layer? Is that a typo? 25g is steep enough; had the next layer been 25g or 30g I might have gone for it but not 125. And this is from a level-85er with a hefty reserve -- back in my level-30 days, when I was buying a house and still figuring everything out and hadn't gotten to higher levels where gold was easier to come by, 25g would have been simply impossible. Period.

Which brings us to mithril coins. You know full well that the folks who do not have enough gold but crave more storage will be tempted to cough up real-world cash to buy it through MC. I won't be one of them anytime soon. Even converting TP to MC looks like a devious money-making scheme -- if it was truly above-board, there would be only one real-world/in-game currency: TP. Did you discover that folks were holding on to their TP as you slowly increased prices? Now you're hoping that folks who are poor at math and poor at self-control will fall for the confusing conversion of MC? Well, I think you're spiting your current audience (who likely are good at math, since they endlessly delve into the nuances of LIs and traits and builds and so forth) in order to grab cash from a new audience who you hope is less savvy. Maybe you're right about the potential short-term gain from a casual audience, but to me it is a poor long-term business model.

As mentioned elsewhere by others, you would likely make more money from a wider audience if the prices were lower all around. In the end of course the market will decide. You gamble that there will be no breaking point -- that currently disgruntled folks will stick it out for the love of Tolkien's work despite having plenty of other games to choose from. Maybe so. But not all of them are likely to pay exorbitant prices for things they have already managed to do without.
    Byrcha of Landroval, officer of the Lonely Mountain Band

Quote Originally Posted by VeteranLurker View Post
    First the gold. I can fully understand some in-game inflation, especially with so many level-cap chars and folks with multiple alts, as well as the increase of gold from the selling of hobbit presents. But 125g for more storage, after I just paid 25g for the previous layer? Is that a typo? 25g is steep enough; had the next layer been 25g or 30g I might have gone for it but not 125. And this is from a level-85er with a hefty reserve -- back in my level-30 days, when I was buying a house and still figuring everything out and hadn't gotten to higher levels where gold was easier to come by, 25g would have been simply impossible. Period.
    The gold prices in live are the prices used in Beta. This price was beaten to death in Beta. Turbine did not budge.
    Which brings us to mithril coins. You know full well that the folks who do not have enough gold but crave more storage will be tempted to cough up real-world cash to buy it through MC. I won't be one of them anytime soon. Even converting TP to MC looks like a devious money-making scheme -- if it was truly above-board, there would be only one real-world/in-game currency: TP. Did you discover that folks were holding on to their TP as you slowly increased prices?
    Personal vault space is 995 Turbine Points = 99.5 Mithril Coins. Turbine rounded it up to 100 Mithril Coins. The price increase is very modest 0.5%. I would have set it to 99 Mithril Coins. Customers get really annoyed you cross boundaries like $9.95 to $10.00 or 99 to 100. The extra digit column is very upsetting.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Winnower View Post

Turbine needs to hear this and pay attention. I've spent hundreds of dollars on this game in the past couple of years in an effort to support its continued existence, but there is a limit and a line that I will not cross. I left SWTOR over their naked money grabbing behavior; and if this game goes too far in that direction I'll spend my money elsewhere - believe me I have no problems reallocating my disposable income to another source.
    This, this, this! I agree also with the opening post, of course.

/signed

I agree. The revised housing storage costs are simply exorbitant.
    TANSTAAFL

If the TP cost is too high, you may buy the Housing Storage Upgrades with gold. Here is a guide.

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHKNYGHT View Post
    If the TP cost is too high, you may buy the Housing Storage Upgrades with gold. Here is a guide.
    So if I'm understanding this, I still need to raise several HUNDRED gold, to pay someone else to use THEIR real money to unlock my storage?

I don't know. Not only does this seem sketchy, it does not address the problem of kinship storage (not really). It is simply a workaround, and an expensive one.

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHKNYGHT View Post
    I would be very cautious about doing this, it comes very dangerously close to gold selling.
    How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.

Which brings us to mithril coins. You know full well that the folks who do not have enough gold but crave more storage will be tempted to cough up real-world cash to buy it through MC.
    This is why I firmly believe this was done.

/signed but...

this tread reminds me of a certain thread that started right after the release of RoR

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...or-Pack-prices! A huge uproar and consistent pleas over a whole year, yet the pricing of the warsteed color packs was never lowered.

I fear one of the responders in this thread is correct: there are too many wealthy Lotro players.
    COSMETIC LOTRO

a blog about Middle-earth outfits

/confirms

Last year, the events were organized in such a way that the various tasks and games could be done once each day, and if you wanted to do them more often, you had to buy Festival Tickets. As an incentive, free tickets were also given to each character that logged into the game; the rate was one Ticket per day and character.

I am one of those alt-oholics which play several characters side by side, and I fetched the tickets each day, with each character. Yet I didn't spend them on anything, because a handful of characters will keep you busy enough that you don't have the need nor the time (remember picking the flowers in spring) to run them through the games a second time. When opening the Lost Envelopes of The Fifth Anniversary, you could win even more tickets besides the one that was handed out each day. In the end I had accumulated a good number of these which were never used for the reason mentioned above. When the Mithril Coins were introduced, all these tickets were converted into Mithril, at a rate that I thought was ridiculous. Fifteen Mithril for each ticket? Suddenly I was 'rich' enough to spend masses of - well what, and what for? I am of the cautious kind and avoid dying whenever I can, and I don't see much use in the insta-port to any given NPC if you can walk or ride there over solid land. Which resulted in the Mithril Coins lying in my purse like a lump of lead. The only extravaganza that I purchased with Mithril Coins, was this hat that my lore master bought in Lalias Market, to make him look more Lore-Master-ish.

Now our kin house has 30 slots more of storage. Bought with Mithril Coins which weren't obtained with any real currency. The only thing I 'spent' on them was the time required to log in and collect the festival tickets. This is - just weird. Not right. An oxymoron. Something which cannot make ends meet.

Well, at least I had some use for them...

An embarrassed Polymachos

16. These outrageous prices won't help anyone. You made it stupid difficult for players to get storage space and with these MC prices they just won't buy it. 10 Bucks for 15 slots? LOL. We may be a bit dopey and some of us are real fanboys/-girls but we are not outright stupid. Not smart. Reminds me of the Hobby-horse thing. Create new markets not obvious rip-offs if you want to make money. *shakes head* It would be funny if it weren't already sad.

17. Quote Originally Posted by Lyzau View Post
    I fear one of the responders in this thread is correct: there are too many wealthy Lotro players.

Yes, there *are* players who have a little more at hand each month. Funny though - lately, in the last month or so, I shelled out about 200 bucks (Euros, not dollars) for stuff in two other games. Why? Because the value I got for it was good.

I think a few people may buy upgrades with the Mithril Coins they already have lying around. Many of us have MC that didn't come from the store. I'll be surprised if there are many purchases of MC in order to open up storage.

I want to be clear that I don't expect Turbine to give us these space upgrades for free. I don't think that asking for money makes Turbine "money grubbing". They do need more money than they are getting now. Remember, they've had layoffs and transfers. Obviously the financial outlook isn't good. My problem is that the pricing model seems to ask the wealthiest players to carry the burden for supporting the game. The high prices are out of the range of many players for a variety of reasons. I believe that lower prices would allow more players to contribute and make purchases, leading to overall greater profits.

I have seen a lot of studies that claim shoppers will ultimately spend more if they can "fritter" their cash away in many small purchases. I could be wrong, but isn't it worth a try? The prices can always go down for a special "holiday sale" just to see.
    --= Windy Acres Ranch -- http://SteelAndMagic.com =--

Extra storage is one of the few things I have actually purchased regularly. My inner pack rat demands vault space, wardrobe, shared storage, the lot. But at these prices, I will never even consider expanding my housing chests further. For my part, that doesn't bother me all that much - I have two houses with chest storage grandfathered in. But if I were a new player I would not be able to afford what I have now. I love being able to put bound items in the chest (particularly bound housing items) and I want everyone to be able to benefit from the new storage updates. Please reconsider the pricing scheme.
    My characters are listed at my [url=http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/User:Elinnea#LOTRO_Characters]lotro-wiki page[/url].

/signed

I'm VIP. I pre-purchase the premium edition of each expansion the second it is available. I even purchased the Class Mounts package for $150 last month. (Don't say it. I wanted it.)
    I fully agree that there should be a cost for upgrading the housing storage slots capacity, but I firmly believe it should stick with the previous pricing model for the previous max capacities (30/60/90) and only include a new pricing scheme for any "expanded" capacity.
    That said, the pricing for any expanded capacity needs a long look as I certainly won't be dipping into TP or mithril coins for what is being offered.
    [URL="http://www.sigcreator.com/"][IMG]http://www.sigcreator.com/generatedsigs/2092919610lotro_lotro32.png[/IMG][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Cennwyn View Post
    To go from 30 -> 45 slots requires 100 Mithril coins OR 25 Gold - Single

If you have 100 mithril coins, you will likely exceed 25 gold if you use them for 50 loto rolls, plus the other items as a bonus. (depends on level)

Love the expansion but this is out of synch

[QUOTE=yossalu;7013240]The cost in gold is prohibitive for many, particularly for the lower level characters who may have saved up all the money they have just to buy the house in the first place. On Tuesday, it cost them 600 silver to unlock 60 slots in a deluxe house. Today, that costs 156 gold. I can understand a minor price jump that puts those slots beyond the reach of money-capped free players. Beyond that, this favours the gold farmers and auction hall hawks. Prices should not be set for those at the top of the totem pole. It should be put in line with the character vault prices, as it was in the past.

I actually have no issue with a reasonable mithril coin price for expanding beyond that 60. 100 mithril coins for 15 slots is not reasonable, and it's not good business. At 25 coins per 15 slots, I would purchase some extra storage for most of the extra houses our kin uses and would gladly purchase more coins. I'd do a handful at 50 coins. 100 is a line I'm not going to cross. They get money off of me at 25, and perhaps for 50 as well. At 100 they get nothing because the cost far exceeds the value as far as I am concerned."

I love the expansion and this is one of those things that just wasn't balanced correctly. Please go back and adjust. Thank you.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000002bd6e9/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Bellcari (Minstrel) Belwynne (Lore Master) Beldwyl (Hunter) Landroval

/signed.

What they are charging for housing chests is outrageous. And it seems way out of line for what you'd pay for the same spaces in your vault.

For example, I have several FTP accounts with only 30 vault slots. For 45 silver I can buy 15 more slots. For 735 silver I can buy the next 15. So for 780 silver I just added 30 storage spaces. Even a low level, FTP character at level 7 can do this.

Biggest issue for me

Right after the exorbitant price, admittedly, is that for what is an account upgrade that I am required to pay for with Mithril Coins, there is no receipt.

I actually did one purchase to verify there is no record of receipt. That will be the last one I make.

I'm a subscriber, and I also spend a lot of money on Turbine points, at least for now. If the only thing I can do with them ends up being purchase mithril coins that's unlikely to continue.
    LilyRose of Gladden, Mistress of the Rangers of the West Kinship. Come check out our kin at rangerswest.guildlaunch.com.

I remember reading LOTRO is planning big changes to the housing. I was thinking they were taking all our suggestions about the decorating system and what not. I hope this is not the end of their plans. The Mead houses, that is what a kinship house should look like on the inside.

They are finally foreclosing on abandoned houses which is a BIG thank you.

When I read the change notes saying we can increase the amount of storage in the houses, GREAT, but at this price? No.

Please don't let this be the end of the housing changes, but when you (Turbine) do your testing LISTEN TO YOUR TESTERS.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast