We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Managing Herald appearances

so, buff-sticks died because of the inconvenience, im down with that.

but now I have to manage the oathbreaker and the banner, in combat.

I was never one for swapping gear in combat.

anyway to set a default look? any plans for this? how have lore-masters handled this over the last while?

im making due with adjacent hotkeys... but this feels counter to the essence of the new paradigm their going for with less skills and less hassle.

I just don't like the default peasant with the beard. id rather fatty friar tuck.

Quote Originally Posted by RockX View Post
    We're looking at merging the functionality of Banners and Standards while still proving the ability to choose your Herald's appearance.
    10 characters.

LMs get their pet appearances through skills. So, I have unique appearances for the Bear and Raven. As a result, I have two Bear skills -- the normal one plus one for the Wildpaw Bear -- and two Raven skills -- the normal one plus one for the Blood Raven.

I think it would be appropriate to do something similar for the Heralds. Our Standards could have the +X Herald Armour effect added to them, and then the old Armament items could instead grant a summon skill for the associated Herald appearance.

Of course, that would result in four new summon skills per Armament, which gets messy really quickly. Probably one of the reasons it's taking so long to merge the Standards and Armaments is that RockX is trying to avoid creating a huge number of Call to Arms skills.

Off the top of my head, another way to resolve the problem would be to add toggle skills for the different Herald appearances. Or, Almagnus' favourite suggestion, integrate Heralds into the Skirmish Soldier system, though I've always assumed that there's some technical reason why that either can't be done or would be more trouble than it's worth.
    [b][SIZE=3][COLOR="#FFFFFF"]Cainwen Ciaphas[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b][COLOR="#C3C3C3"], Captain of Crickhollow, [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Literature/CiaphasCain]HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH[/url]!!!
    [i]I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered![/i] My opinions are my own![/color]

thanks guys!

Let's just aim for the best option here:

Use the skirmish soldier cosmetic system to control the herald/archer appearance.

For the herald skins that can't be replicated with the skirmish system, like the oathbreaker, we get a race trait for it.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Landroval

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Steam: Almagnus1

nothing wrong with captain exclusive skirm soldiers! oathbreaker herbalist...

Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    10 characters.
    Perhaps some functionality where can merge armaments with standards as a right-click function? This way you don't need to have a zillion crafting recipes for armaments/banners, but you'd be able to splice any look on any standard.

Quote Originally Posted by SapienChavez View Post
    nothing wrong with captain exclusive skirm soldiers! oathbreaker herbalist...
    It also resolves the issue of captains wanting elven and hobbit heralds.

As a compromise to the other classes, I'd be willing to let the Loth herald become a rep reward.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Landroval

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Steam: Almagnus1