We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Guard FMs

Guard FMs

I just realized that Brutal Charge (change to the Charge skill given by the 5th bonus in the Keen Blade, or red line) will "knockdown" the first mob you attack for 5 seconds. Is this a Fellowship Maneuver? Did we really just get the ability to start an on-demand FM every minute and a half? That's just sick.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000000450d9/01003/signature.png]Jehudrid[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Bubmo View Post
    I just realized that Brutal Charge (change to the Charge skill given by the 5th bonus in the Keen Blade, or red line) will "knockdown" the first mob you attack for 5 seconds. Is this a Fellowship Maneuver? Did we really just get the ability to start an on-demand FM every minute and a half? That's just sick.
    I do not think it starts a FM but, then again, I don't think I've gotten to test it in a group. Still it's a very cool addition. It works with AOEs (unless it has changed recently) so it can be a mutli-target knockdown as well.
    Jeffaman-Guarding Hobbit Jeffro-Burgling Hobbit Tinulaurien-Elf Lore Master Cephus-Champion of Men Lilnooblet-Hunting Hobbit Jeffrandir-Snooty Elf Rune-keeper- All of Brandywine
    Long live the halflings! Praise them with great praise!
    RIP Nidor - Brandywine's bravest warrior

The other side of the coin is that with TtK buried down in the Red line, Blue and Yellow guards don't have any FM starters anymore - just the increased chance that comes from spamming Fray the Edge.

[EDIT] Sorry, forgot about that funky Blue capstone that can proc an FM off of Sting. So it's just the Fighters of Shadow who lose FM ability.

no, it stuns the target for 5s basically.

Oh, charge is amazing.... This is what i do.. You turn it on and wait for it to expire... The buff for the stun remains after charge runs out... Then you wait for the cd. Run up to a group of mobs and use whirling retaliation.. You will stun at least 5 depending on your legacies... Now turn on charge again and after stun immunity runs out you have another AOE stun...

With bleed copy from the yellow line you are basically invincible...
    [CENTER][URL="http://postimage.org/"][IMG]http://s5.postimg.org/oiz5srzbr/download_1.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[COLOR=#ffffff][I][B]Only fools and dead men never change their mind[/B][/I][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by zagreb000 View Post
    Oh, charge is amazing.... This is what i do.. You turn it on and wait for it to expire... The buff for the stun remains after charge runs out... Then you wait for the cd. Run up to a group of mobs and use whirling retaliation.. You will stun at least 5 depending on your legacies... Now turn on charge again and after stun immunity runs out you have another AOE stun...

With bleed copy from the yellow line you are basically invincible...
    Haha I find myself hitting charge while I am standing around just so it will be there for my next attack. It's one of our better skills now!
    Jeffaman-Guarding Hobbit Jeffro-Burgling Hobbit Tinulaurien-Elf Lore Master Cephus-Champion of Men Lilnooblet-Hunting Hobbit Jeffrandir-Snooty Elf Rune-keeper- All of Brandywine
    Long live the halflings! Praise them with great praise!
    RIP Nidor - Brandywine's bravest warrior

There is one thing wrong with the OP's statement. It does not knockdown the first mob you hit. Not just that one anyway. I have 10 target AoE on Sweeping Cut. When the buff is active all the bodies hit the floor.

Also, I am not sure if it is working as intended or not, but you can knock down some mobs that are immune to TTK knockdown with this new one.

Charge seems to be the panic button for red (not that you really need one in the OP red line with DPS+heals very often) and at the same time it is an awesome offensive skill, especially with the buff staying active even once Charge is up again. I don't think this is going to stay around for long as it might be a little too nice for PvP (potentially you could knockdown a half craid at a time if they were all piled up on a keep boss or something and then do it again 10 seconds later all while running at +60% for a nice, long while. Let's just keep this between us for a while though, because it is about time guards got some love.

-Jason of Brandywine
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000000071e/signature.png]Jason[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Bubmo View Post
    No FM from this, but they do go down with the same animation. It wouldn't work anyway, because the knockdown is effective with AoE's, and you don't want to be starting 10 FMs at the same time.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000000071e/signature.png]Jason[/charsig]