We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: What is better?

  1. #1

    What is better?

    Hey everyone! I was testing the new captain trees and actually was quite impressed with some of the benefits they provide. I have been mostly messing around with the red line and have found the increase in dps for a leveling captain amazing. Anyways my main question is now I feel like I have too many important skills to use and can't decide which ones I should prioritize over others.

    For example I now get the blade brother buffs because I'm far enough down red and the buffs look awesome I just can't seem to find a good point to rotate them in now. This is mainly due to the fact that pre HD I ignored bleeds but now, when traited red, they are useful skills. So what do you think? For getting as high as dps as possible which skills should I focus on? Should I ignore bleeds? Or maybe just forget about using the blade brother buffs? Thanks.

    Extra info: my current rotation is
    bs->ss->DB->cutting attack->BoE->GW->SL then repeat (skipping bs). With maybe an inspire thrown in there for some heals or other situational skills when they are needed.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, NY
    Posts
    3,699
    Try fitting as many damaging skills in as you can before you use Devastating Blow. While you're in the Battle-readied state you get some bonus damage.
    As for To Arms and whatever the Strength of Will equivalent skill is called, just use them whenever they're up. The rest of your rotation can wait a second or two. (Since you have a short timer on To Arms, try to hit it right before you go into Battle-Readied.)
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    Try fitting as many damaging skills in as you can before you use Devastating Blow. While you're in the Battle-readied state you get some bonus damage.
    As for To Arms and whatever the Strength of Will equivalent skill is called, just use them whenever they're up. The rest of your rotation can wait a second or two. (Since you have a short timer on To Arms, try to hit it right before you go into Battle-Readied.)
    That's true. So that legacy to keep battle readied lasting longer is fairly important now. What's your opinion on bleeds? Should it be a high priority?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, NY
    Posts
    3,699
    Quote Originally Posted by darkelder12 View Post
    That's true. So that legacy to keep battle readied lasting longer is fairly important now. What's your opinion on bleeds? Should it be a high priority?
    Still undecided on those. They look like they could be really nice, but I'm not sure how much I want to invest in them.
    If you're traited red though, you should have the bleed splash from using Cutting Attack + Grave Wound, so at the very least I'd try to put Grave Wound in the Battle-readied position to get a bit more AoE damage out of your skills. (Assuming you're fighting in an AoE situation anyway)
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    Still undecided on those. They look like they could be really nice, but I'm not sure how much I want to invest in them.
    If you're traited red though, you should have the bleed splash from using Cutting Attack + Grave Wound, so at the very least I'd try to put Grave Wound in the Battle-readied position to get a bit more AoE damage out of your skills. (Assuming you're fighting in an AoE situation anyway)
    Yea I was trying to figure that too in my tests. Looks kind of inevitable that you need to use bleeds when you trait in the red line. Maybe I'll try to go down the blue and put a few points into the early parts of the red to try to pick up some dps. I really miss Now for Wrath though. Forgot how bad the power problems are on the captain in longer fights. I wish it wasn't so deep in the blue.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload