We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Could we please have a dev respond

Regarding the quickbar memory issue? Right now, your quickbars do not get saved when you switch trees. Every time you switch, you have arrange your skills on the quickbars from scratch. So, I go red line and arrange my skills. Then, I decide to switch to yellow line and have to arrange again based on yellow skills. That's fine but now when I switch back to red, my prior red configuration on the quickbars is gone and I have to arrange it all over again. This is the case every time you switch. "Switching on the fly" doesn't work well because you have spend the time to keep arranging your skills on the quickbars.

Now, there has been one workaround found by Ged. For some strange reason, in order for your bars to save, you have to purchase an extra trait configuration slot for 100 MC. I don't believe this is working as it's supposed to for obvious reasons.

Ive seen many many posts on this subject, that began in beta, but can't seem to find any dev response to this. Could you please confirm if there will be a fix for this? Or even, (I really hope not) if its working as intended?

Right now we are in the dark. Any comment would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Couldn't agree more.
    [CENTER][img]http://www.djelle.dk/sig-lotro.jpg?&f=gp&id=7697947&lo=0e0c0e111pp10&t1=Gedachtnis&u=ironyandspite.guildportal.com&k=Irony%20and%20Spite&i=www.axiomfiles.com/Files/375005/Copy%2520of%2520Irony-and-Spite_LOGO1.jpg[/img]
    It's all to clear we are on our own.[/CENTER]

Yep, I agree. I'm a bit mystified why there hasn't been any real response (that I've seen) to this issue.

I'm hoping that some enterprising person will dream up a plug-in to facilitate automatic skill bar switching. If that happens, I will actually force myself to figure out plug-ins all over again

Yes, I think it is high time somebody from Turbine responded to this issue. I want to arrange my skills in a way that makes sense to me, and I want them to stay where I put them.

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    We're aware of the issue (and it is an issue, this is not working as intended) and looking at ways to resolve it. We don't have an ETA at this time, but it's probably not something that can be addressed in time for 12.1.

Please, this. It's the pterodactyl in the ointment with regards to notion of being able to switch specs on the fly. A dev response with regards to what is happening and when the fix is coming is called for here.
    Relax, it's only just a string of 1s and 0s.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    We're aware of the issue (and it is an issue, this is not working as intended) and looking at ways to resolve it. We don't have an ETA at this time, but it's probably not something that can be addressed in time for 12.1.
    Until it is working as intended, a good compensation for the trouble would be to make respecs free.
    (Which would have the nice side effect of helping me figure out how to set up my Captain without going bankrupt. )

Thanks for this info. Glad to know it's being looked at. In the meantime, I'll muddle through.

Quote Originally Posted by PoeticNightmare View Post
    Regarding the quickbar memory issue? Right now, your quickbars do not get saved when you switch trees. Every time you switch, you have arrange your skills on the quickbars from scratch. .
    I swapped between my two builds at least 5 times last night, never had to start from scratch once.

Skill Bar Memory is working fine for me.

Which just goes to show that sometime I do get lucky.

All The Best

I actually don't have this problem or even had it while in beta. I keep all general skills in the same place in each trait setup. When I first set up the trait spec after applying it, I do move my earned skills to where I want them i.e. I don't leave them wherever they land. If I have a skill that I'm going to get in both specs (from cross traiting), I make sure it's in the same slot too. But I've never had the issue with it not remembering when I switch back and forth between specs. Things just seem to go where I put them. I don't know why but I'm not complaining.

I'm not saying your issue doesn't exist. I'm sure it does. Just odd I've never seen it happen to me. I've tested it in beta with my warden (though not much changes per spec here), hunter, burglar, and champion with no issues. Glad to hear they're looking into it though.

Guys been asked to post here as i found a bit of a workround for this in beta , but not sure if it works now though.

First off unfortunately your going to have to wipe your trees and start from scratch.

basically what i found is when you save your specs, it saves where you have put your skills too. But if you save it and havent placed any skills then the problems start.

So what you need to do is, wipe your trees back to scratch, then re spend your points but do not save your spec yet, first sort out your skill bars and place your skills where you want them then save your spec.

Then do your other trees in the same way.

During beta i found I had to do that with every new skill i got when levelling as well, not completely wipe the tree but just make sure you save your trees AFTER you slot any new skills in your bars.

***** disclaimer, this may or may not work,and I understand if you dont want to risk your gold to reset your trees to see if it works for you, it worked for me during beta but I kept forgetting to do it after round 3 or so and got fed up with starting again so I just lived with it for the rest of beta******

If someone does try it please come back and tell people so they can a, do it themselves, or b,stop people from wasting gold if it doesnt work,

Unfortunately as lotro no longer exists on my laptop I cant try this for myself to confirm it still works, so if anyone wants to be the test subject I would appreciate it.

Kind Regards,
    Andthelion.

Quote Originally Posted by Andthelion View Post
    Guys been asked to post here as i found a bit of a workround for this in beta , but not sure if it works now though.

First off unfortunately your going to have to wipe your trees and start from scratch.

basically what i found is when you save your specs, it saves where you have put your skills too. But if you save it and havent placed any skills then the problems start.

So what you need to do is, wipe your trees back to scratch, then re spend your points but do not save your spec yet, first sort out your skill bars and place your skills where you want them then save your spec.

During beta i found I had to do that with every new skill i got when levelling as well, not completely wipe the tree but just make sure you save your trees AFTER you slot any new skills in your bars.

***** disclaimer, this may or may not work,and I understand if you dont want to risk your gold to reset your trees to see if it works for you, it worked for me during beta but I kept forgetting to do it after round 3 or so and got fed up with starting again so I just lived with it for the rest of beta******

If someone does try it please come back and tell people so they can a, do it themselves, or b,stop people from wasting gold if it doesnt work,

Unfortunately as lotro no longer exists on my laptop I cant try this for myself to confirm it still works, so if anyone wants to be the test subject I would appreciate it.

Kind Regards,
    Andthelion.
    Good tip!

Only problem is for the skills that don't get unlocked until you save the loadout.
    Landroval - The Council of the Secret Fire Friendly, Casual, Mature, and always seeking more!
    Musings on LOTRO and other games: www.killtenrats.com

Thank you for the response Sapience, much obliged.

Quote Originally Posted by SvenNiscadae View Post
    I actually don't have this problem or even had it while in beta. I keep all general skills in the same place in each trait setup. When I first set up the trait spec after applying it, I do move my earned skills to where I want them i.e. I don't leave them wherever they land. If I have a skill that I'm going to get in both specs (from cross traiting), I make sure it's in the same slot too. But I've never had the issue with it not remembering when I switch back and forth between specs. Things just seem to go where I put them. I don't know why but I'm not complaining.

I'm not saying your issue doesn't exist. I'm sure it does. Just odd I've never seen it happen to me. I've tested it in beta with my warden (though not much changes per spec here), hunter, burglar, and champion with no issues. Glad to hear they're looking into it though.
    This is my situation as well. All during beta and from what I've played on live so far I don't have the re-arranging skills issue. Sounds like I'm in a very small minority, though, as I hear countless reports from those who do have it. The closest I've come to the problem has been on my Champ where one of my 'on-foot' melee skills wound up replacing one of my red-lined mounted combat skills, and the rest were shifted down one button location to the left. Since I didn't make any changes to my MC skillbars I have no idea how that happened.

I wonder if there's any common thread in the setups for those few of us who aren't having that problem, and if that would help devs resolve it quicker?
    I had
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000001a6174/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    as a sig before it was popular

I'm very grateful for the response Sapience. Also, thank you for confirming that it's not possible for next update. Sure, it's a royal pain, but at least we know it's being worked on. Much appreciated.

Incidentally, I'm seeing massive memory leaks from the game when doing nothing but standing around swapping & reconfiguring traits around.

After a half-hour of doing this, my Lotro installation was taking up to 2.2gb ram.

Win7 x64 btw.
    Elendilmir: Southern Cross Kinship
    Freeps: Scruffodian; Scruffbeard; Scruffeldor; Scruffynerf; Scruffwulf; Scruffystone; Scruffiness; Scruffphor; Scruffward
    Creeps: Frothrat; Frothfight; Frothed; Frothleg; Frothnakh; Frothface

But there are skills you will not get until you spend points to get them. So presumably this means leave at least one unspent point, re-arrange skills, then spend last point and save?

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffynerf View Post
    Incidentally, I'm seeing massive memory leaks from the game when doing nothing but standing around swapping & reconfiguring traits around.

After a half-hour of doing this, my Lotro installation was taking up to 2.2gb ram.

Win7 x64 btw.
    Memory leak? How can you be sure?

Why wouldn't you want the game to use as much RAM as it can?

Sapience - thanks for responding. I'm not one of those that's gonna quit playing over this, but it will affect how often I switch trees. Probably not at all, unless my minstrel really needs to heal something.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050000000478c3/signature.png]Grinz[/charsig]

While the acknowledgement of this issue is appreciated, I for one don't know if I have the patience to sit through this. Only thing I can think to do is use it as an opportunity to roll a new character and re-familiarize myself with my. Otherwise, I may just play my Reaver for a bit.

For all the talk of things being dumbed-down, I shouldn't have to create a new character to RElearn my level-capped character's class (which I've always considered myself proficient at with soloing and in groups.) The fact that more people aren't getting upset about this issue makes me wonder how dumbed down the player base already was before launch. I mean, are people just hitting random buttons and hoping something sticks or what?
    Last edited by Breeon; Nov 23 2013 at 05:28 AM.

Kind Regards,
    Andthelion.
    Doesn't seem to work. The common skills stay where they are, and the skills from the tree you're switching to that you wanted in those spots get put elsewhere.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050000000478c3/signature.png]Grinz[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna View Post
    Doesn't seem to work. The common skills stay where they are, and the skills from the tree you're switching to that you wanted in those spots get put elsewhere.
    No solutions but..

Gedachtnis acknowleded this in his guide: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...97#post6990797

mrfigglesworth also posted this earlier (https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...Champion/page5):

"You can set up your slots to almost never move no matter what setup you're in by doing these things:

1) Put all the general skills you have down first where you want them. These will stay in the exact same spot no matter which spec you will be in.

2) choose a spec and spend your points. The skills you receive from the tree/trees will be scattered. Place those skills in any empty spaces not filled by general skills.

3) choose a different spec and spend your points. The skills you had from your previous spec which you didn't spend points for this time will be gone leaving holes. The new skills you gained will be scattered so place those new skills in the empty spaces left from your old spec.

4) Repeat step 3 with any other specs you choose.

This isn't perfect and sometimes you will have to make a change or two based on skill upgrades, blended specs, etc, but I set up my skill bar once for all three specs and haven't had to change a single skill once, no matter which spec I choose. So it's possible. And I'm really appreciating having only 20-30 skills on my bars. It's much nicer."

Personal Note: Incidentally, I assigned emotes to all my Quickslots as a way of 'plugging holes up in the bottom of the boat' before pulling skills off my Character Skills Panel and manually assigning them to designated Quickslots. As soon as you switch to the secondary Trait-Tree, however, all bets are off and who knows what you'll end up with.

My main is a Champion and I've always arranged my skills in terms of the Fervour they generate or cost, and then by their power consumption. This system no longer allows for this, unfortunately, and the only option seems to be picking your skills in one Tree and sticking with that Tree. Otherwise the additional Tree Tab saves are useless.
    Last edited by Breeon; Nov 23 2013 at 05:33 AM.

THANK YOU for getting an acknowledgment of this! I don't know, and I don't really care, what got in the way, but despite numerous threads I don't think there was a single response to this issue in the beta forums. I don't know if there was one in chats with devs in game, but judging by the fact that no one knew if it was a bug or WAI by the end of beta it seems there wasn't.

Great to know a fix is being worked on even if it won't be in time for 12.1

The current workaround is to stay on a single quickslot set (sword only). As long as you keep skills shared between different trait specs (e.g. a skill you trait more than one spec slot, maybe a red skill that you also buy off-line when in your blue spec line) in the same place things seem stable.

However, for players who want to use the 2nd quickslot set (sword AND shield) the current limitations are fairly significant since one of the main reasons to do so is to have different placements for core skills and hiding/showing/moving core skills around is one of the things that causes entropy when switching.

To make things work when using different quickslot pages you need to fill the same quickslot spots with core skills (those available to you regardless of spec) on both quickslot pages. You can use different core skills on each quickslot page but you need to keep the same spots filled with core skills to prevent other placement issues. I suspect that you also need to keep the skills shared between specs in the exact same spots for all their specs on both quickbar pages to prevent madness.

There are probably ways to use the 4 and 5 quickslot bars (the ones that don't change between quickslot pages) to work around some of these issues.

====

Right now Turbine is caught kind of in-between, you have two quickbar pages and you can have two or more trait spec slots but the quickslot pages don't have any relationship with specs slots and the specs slots don't have any connection with the pages. My solution would be to make the relationship between trait specs and quickslot page one to one, where there was one quickslot page for each trait spec (which would require adding new quickslot pages as the user purchased new trait spec slots). When you switched to a different spec slot you would automatically be switched to its associated quickslot page just as with mounted combat where you are switched automatically to the mounted quickslot page as soon as you get on your warsteed. Doing this plus keeping the current location code for when a users respecs (keep the current core skills layout, put spec skills in their last used quickslot spot, ext) wouldn't be any worse than what we have now for respecing and once stuff was setup it would keep things working as expected (that is, switch to spec slot N and get the skill layouts that you setup to go with that spec).

The other solution would be for each quickslot page to remember locations for each skill on a per spec basis and to remember which spec the user was in the last time they were on this quickslot page. I guess the TRUE fix is both, make sure each trait spec slot (of which we start with two but can purchase more) has its own quickslot page AND that each quickslot page keeps track of the positions of skills from all three possible trait specs (the three different colors of possible trait lines) so that a user can switch back and forth between different trait lines for any given spec slot) but that seems like even more work for not much more functionality.

This would be a fun project to work on, getting all the little details right (e.g. adding core skills to all the quickslot sets when the character leveled up) though I would forgive Turbine if they only got it mostly working somehow given the amount of other important fixes they have on their plate. [Sapience I'm local and have evenings and weekends free...]

I know it sucks, but it seems to me your options are to:
    1) Put general skills on separate toolbars from specific line skills.
    2) Only use 1 line for now.
    3) Try the workaround.

I think I'll just stick to the 1 line for now. I generally would play the same thing per play session anyways.
    Freeps: Venusia (Guardian), Silya (RK), Dwayr (Champion), Nissys (Captain), Filodon (Burgler), Tyveil (Lore-master)
    Creeps: Venusiel (R7 Weaver), Tyveilakh (R5 Warleader)
    [url="http://kingsbeyondthewall.com/"]Kings Beyond the Wall[/url]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast