We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Crafters wanted! (woodworkers, jewelers, tailors)

Greetings fellow Nimrodelians!

So since there is no backwards auction house or 'request goods' feature, and posting it as a new feature idea in general discussion or crafting forums would not gain me any immediate reward, I figured sending out a general call to crafters on my server is my best chance!? Basically Im looking for some upgrades for my lvl 85 loremaster; a 1st or 2nd age legendary staff as well as maybe some light armor and jewelry upgrades. In the old days when I was in grad school I played much more frequently and belonged to a kin that helped eachother in crafting goods but it disbanded and I dont belong to a kin now. As I dont have a ton of time to play as often as I used to and solo usually and therefore dont have the time to bring up my many crafting alts to the levels (fell behind) I need to even collect the mats. ha.

Our server's auction house isnt the most active lately..
    There really should be an easier way to connect crafters with an in-demand consumer market, but like I said this is the only way (aside from blasting OCC in-game) I could think of currently.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, respond here or send me a tell/msg in-game and we can go from there.

Happy crafting/hunting!
    Best,
    - Aegihad
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000002892b/01007/signature.png]Aegihad[/charsig]

Ha... guess not. well was worth a shot?
    thanks.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000002892b/01007/signature.png]Aegihad[/charsig]

To find crafters type /joinchannel glff
    Then type /1 I need a <x> crafted, pst
    Then wait for someone to send you a tell.

Once that is done /leavechannel glff

Global Looking For Fellowship is a player created channel, so it isn't moderated. (Extreme cases of community guideline offenses are banned, but the bar is higher than on Turbine created channels) You could also stay in it if you don't mind the foolish chatter, sexual innuendo, WTS spam, and trolling. Occasionally some people even make groups to run instances.

//Edit when you're asking for something to be crafted, it's generally expected that you have the materials on hand. If you don't, clearly state that information to avoid headaches.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Elfedlied View Post
    To find crafters type /joinchannel glff
    Then type /1 I need a <x> crafted, pst
    Then wait for someone to send you a tell.

Once that is done /leavechannel glff

Global Looking For Fellowship is a player created channel, so it isn't moderated. (Extreme cases of community guideline offenses are banned, but the bar is higher than on Turbine created channels) You could also stay in it if you don't mind the foolish chatter, sexual innuendo, WTS spam, and trolling. Occasionally some people even make groups to run instances.

//Edit when you're asking for something to be crafted, it's generally expected that you have the materials on hand. If you don't, clearly state that information to avoid headaches.
    Tried that Elf... nada. Our server sucks.

It can be a chore to drop stuff & go deck someone out. I have Grandmaster guilded all and can make most anything you might need.
    However bear in mind you are asking some to stop what they are currently doing (playing) to go serve your needs.
    Unless I know the requester I must admit I am generally unmotivated to volunteer.
    Why?
    It can consume an amazing amount of time when someone asks for things that take journals, and you have to explain about recipes, skirm camp traders, shards and materials needed. etc. Often these requests come with promises of compensation that never occurs. I do not know what the chances of getting informed & prepared (have their mats ready to go) vs ignorant ( little idea of what/how much is involved) requesters is, but unless someone clearly states they have all their mats, I am almost always uninterested in finding which kind person they might be. When I do not follow this rough guildline, invarialby an hour is sucked away by some fool. Being a peaked guildworker takes time & effort, if a requester doesn't take the time and effort to at least have mats ready and make it quick for me then I don't have any incentive. So be as up front as possible, offer specific payment and fulfill on it. Get any mats you can to support the request.
    There are crafters that regularly post custom crafting skills for purchase, although those folks tend to quote 20G for any item, not sure if they are including mats or not.
    Also I'd recommend you rejoin a Kin, it will also help you catch up your crafters.

Reme
    mber, it is a game.