We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by STEAL107 View Post
    it was very doable before you just needed to know the tactic , now it should be nothing but too easy, main thing is going in there prepared to do it. Make sure mobs go right in beginning if they do your golden it will be first quest, set both ballistas at water hole with one barricade upgraded in front of you and blast away, at about 6th or 7th wave send your buddy to the debris, once you get good enough send him to debris as soon as quest starts while you fire both ballistas (yes , this is doable and best tactic while he searches), instant platinum.
    Me and my partner still can't do this one the waves either are not counting when we kill them roughly we are at 7/9waves when the timer runs out all debris searched all soilders healed at about 20s to go and none of the waves make it past the soilders. I have tried this solo and the waves come fast enough but just not whenever i duo but do to the lack of me able to heal the injuried rohirrim as a melee class can't heal all 4 guys only 3 and fail to get plat by a sliver. Is there anything we are doing wrong we could adjust?

Helm's Dike
    Flames at the Gate

1) On solo the side quest Flames at the Gate always initiates too late in the battle to complete so it's NEVER completeable
    2) Flames at the Gate - even after holding off all the emeies on the Western Side ... they always overrun the archers while you are attempting to supply arrows
    3) Flames at the Gate - Arrows are periodically unclickable .. rendering the side quest uncompleteable

Flames at the Gate is completely bugged

I wonder about the timing of some of the side-quests, too.
    There are some quests that simply don't give you enough time, when you're notified of them, to get to where you need to be, and still get platinum.
    For example, I did The Hornburg last night, and got the one where you have to defeat the battering ram and prevent damage to the door.
    I was up the top, manning the catapault, when I got the quest. By the time I got down, the door was already 10% damaged. I completed the quest, but of course, you can't repair the door (I was doing it solo, so I didn't have a healer present). How does that make sense?

I don't mind a challenge - difficulty is great - but if I'm already behind to start with, and have no chance of possibly completing quests at platinum, well, that's just not cool.
    It would be nice if the side quests had even 10, 15 seconds before they commence... so that you have time to run to where you need to be before they begin.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKphish View Post
    3) Flames at the Gate - Arrows are periodically unclickable .. rendering the side quest uncompleteable
    About this, I think it is normal : arrows are unclickable while they are on CD (icon)

Quote Originally Posted by Castorix View Post
    About this, I think it is normal : arrows are unclickable while they are on CD (icon)
    In my experience they were unclickable from the very outset of the beginning of the side-quest ... and remained unclickable throughout the entire quest.

I don't think this is as intended or normal at all.

Quote Originally Posted by chilman View Post
    there are only 3 bugs at the moment:

Glittering Caves - Small Fellowship Spider Assault: only 4 rohirim in the cocoons ---> only gold reward (platin impossible)

Glittering Caves - Solo Spider Assault: only 5 rohirim in the cocoons ---> only gold reward (platin impossible)

The Hornburg - Solo: overall merit just impossible to get to platinum ----> only gold reward

so you can get 213/216 skillpoints by now

I still have never completed Deeping Coomb - Searching the debris. The debris piles takes too long to be accessible, and then the rohirim limps too slowly to get to safety before the timer ends.

When you disconnect in the middle of the BB the game doesn't recognize that you were there from the beginning and doesn't give you the total reward fo the whole encounter? My partner dc near the end and we got platinum overall but he got silver as a reward!
    Complete with onscreen proof he finished the side quests in platinum!

This is getting kinda stupid lol
    Founding Member of the Vocal Minority....

"Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
    Captain Malcom Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by RoKphish View Post
    In my experience they were unclickable from the very outset of the beginning of the side-quest ... and remained unclickable throughout the entire quest.

I don't think this is as intended or normal at all.
    I have had the same experience 5x now. On the most recent run I got the last wave of debris with 25s to spare on timer, did the pile with the injured rohirrim first to have time to heal him and for him to start walking, after which I did the other two piles. Once they were searched the last wave died. Got gold. This happens to me every time I have the quest. 1 time another person I was helping (when I'd already done the quest that day) got platinum, but I have never been able to replicate that result, because of the randomness of the debris pile activation coupled with the stupid way merit is gained. It seems that if you get "lucky" and get the triplet with the 2 bombs last (or at least the one without the rohirrim that needs to walk off) you won't have this issue. I find this lottery approach to getting platinum disgustingly unfair. Who on earth designed this?

Deeping Wall

Hello everyone I have a question regarding the quest Siege Under Fire that becomes available during the second wave from the center wall in the Deeping Wall Raid. We had half our group with low level experience so we did not expect to earn major medals but we became quickly overwhelmed by multiple adds in all locations. We sent 4 people to the culvert, 4 people to the area between the houses and the 4 wall people to the catapults to help the NPC up there. All areas had massive waves of mobs in all locations including the wall (Bug or WAI?). On the wall I noticed all waves were at the left side commander is there some mechanic we missed to reduce the waves? On Catapult we had a rank 6 engineer that quickly took out the enemy catapults and we avoided firing into the troops to make sure we could complete the quests but is this instance one where we need to have an engineer on both catapults constantly firing to keep the mobs manageable? The first wave we had Breaching the Hornburg and were able to complete as Gold medal, about what I expected with the levels we had. This one was mass chaos with ultimately failing due to deaths; any advice would be most appreciated. Thank You.
    Main Godhroran (Hunter) lvl 100 ~ Leader of Thorns of Telperion~

Moving from Windfola to Crickhollow

I ran Glittering Caves solo last night and ran into two bugged side-objectives:

First, Stalactites: Aside from the fact that I was completely overwhelmed by the waves (seriously, how does a solo player manage to deal with that number of enemies? The Ballista seems completely useless) -- at some point I had only 1/6 waves defeated and (after all my soldiers and supplies were wiped out) the rest of the enemies just kind of milled around in a huge aimless mass. (the same behavior I've seen on Stone Obstruction in the Dike). And the objective did not complete right away -- it was only until after I was already on the other side of the caves on the next objective that it completed as an Iron completion (when it clearly should have been a failure).

Second: Spider Assault: For this one, I finally learned how to use my tripwire and the ballista to take out the spiders emerging from the caves (and here the ballista *does* come in handy). After they were gone I went into the cave opening up cocoons until I got 4 soldiers, at which point the auto-death occurred because I didn't fall back (I let that happen on purpose because it conveniently transports me to where I want to go). With those soldiers, I managed to get the merit up to high silver almost gold -- but the objective never completed at all, and so I lost out on the reward points that I would have gotten.

In general, the Caves still seems like the most buggy Battle.

Quote Originally Posted by DanteIL View Post
    First, Stalactites: Aside from the fact that I was completely overwhelmed by the waves (seriously, how does a solo player manage to deal with that number of enemies? .
    I normally do it with a ballista. Place it while waiting for the non-sidequest waves to come, aim it so it hits between the furthest red flags on the bridge (bit closer to the right flag) and place traps where ballista hits. If done correctly, you can often wipe out the waves before they even reach the barricades.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrantiri View Post
    I normally do it with a ballista. Place it while waiting for the non-sidequest waves to come, aim it so it hits between the furthest red flags on the bridge (bit closer to the right flag) and place traps where ballista hits. If done correctly, you can often wipe out the waves before they even reach the barricades.
    Hrm, what red flags and what bridge? I'd like to try this, but I'm not sure where you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by DanteIL View Post
    I ran Glittering Caves solo last night and ran into two bugged side-objectives:

First, Stalactites: Aside from the fact that I was completely overwhelmed by the waves (seriously, how does a solo player manage to deal with that number of enemies? The Ballista seems completely useless) -- at some point I had only 1/6 waves defeated and (after all my soldiers and supplies were wiped out) the rest of the enemies just kind of milled around in a huge aimless mass. (the same behavior I've seen on Stone Obstruction in the Dike). And the objective did not complete right away -- it was only until after I was already on the other side of the caves on the next objective that it completed as an Iron completion (when it clearly should have been a failure).
    This one is pretty straightforward. If you're an Engineer, deconstruct a couple of barricades, and place them on the narrowest point of the bridge. Upgrade them.
    Then, deconstruct the ballista, and place that on the bridge too. Aim it right at the base of the barricades. Place a tripwire just beyond the barricade too (as a backup). When the bad guys show up? Blast them.
    This tactic also works with "Bombs and Bats", and will get you a platinum every time. Guaranteed.

Second: Spider Assault: For this one, I finally learned how to use my tripwire and the ballista to take out the spiders emerging from the caves (and here the ballista *does* come in handy). After they were gone I went into the cave opening up cocoons until I got 4 soldiers, at which point the auto-death occurred because I didn't fall back (I let that happen on purpose because it conveniently transports me to where I want to go). With those soldiers, I managed to get the merit up to high silver almost gold -- but the objective never completed at all, and so I lost out on the reward points that I would have gotten.
    This one is still bugged, so you'll never get more than gold... but regardless of that... yes, Ballista + Barricade is the way to go. You won't have time to open all the cocoons and kill the final few spiders, though... you'll receive the "fall back" notification and auto-death, just as you did. If that happens, the quest won't complete because you won't have killed Skamgrit, the biggest of the spiders.

Turbine need to fix this one. They need to have less coccoons, and more Rohirrim in them, in order for people to complete at platinum. This is one you will NEVER be able to get platinum on, playing solo, until they fix it.

Deeping Comb - Searching the Debris - After patch 12.1

After countless hours of improving my performance there (solo and duo) I've been able to search all the debris, defuse the bombs, heal the 4 rohirrim, kill the 9 waves.

But the last rohirrim has no way by all means of reaching the Hornburg so only 3 soldiers reached the fortress = gold reward

Maybe there is combinations of the random groups that allows you to get platinum after patch but I have not found it. I have already bugged it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dairos View Post
    Deeping Comb - Searching the Debris - After patch 12.1

After countless hours of improving my performance there (solo and duo) I've been able to search all the debris, defuse the bombs, heal the 4 rohirrim, kill the 9 waves.

But the last rohirrim has no way by all means of reaching the Hornburg so only 3 soldiers reached the fortress = gold reward

Maybe there is combinations of the random groups that allows you to get platinum after patch but I have not found it. I have already bugged it.
    yes, you can only get platinum if you are lucky enough to get the debris cluster without the rohirrim soldier as the last one. if you get another, you're screwed. Designed by a bunch of sadists..

Quote Originally Posted by rannion View Post
    yes, you can only get platinum if you are lucky enough to get the debris cluster without the rohirrim soldier as the last one. if you get another, you're screwed. Designed by a bunch of sadists..
    Isn't there a soldier in every debris cluster? 4 groups of 3 debris each, 1 soldier in each group.

I personally gave up on this quest, it is too frustrating to fight against bugs.
    Last edited by Lunasa; Dec 25 2013 at 12:44 PM.
    Ishtarien - Captain 100
    Ishtarel - HNT 100 / Ishtaridas - LRM 100 / Cabernetta - GRD 100 / Ishtari - RNK 100 / Ishti - BRG 100 / Lunasa - MNS 100 / Medovinus - BRN 100
    The Mellowship - [EN] Eldar -> [EN] Evernight

Quote Originally Posted by rannion View Post
    I'm not sure if they changed it or not with last update but at the moment there is always one wounded soldier in each of the 4 debris groups

Bugs that I have noticed recently:

Deeping Wall:
    • Main quest ends too quickly for the Defiler side quest to complete (yes there are work-arounds or sometimes you can get lucky, but a bug all the same)

Deeping Coomb:
    • Search the Debris is only possible to get gold overall post 12.1 despite perfect attempts (I've given up trying now)

Glittering Caves:
    • Spider Assault - only gold is possible as many people have already noted
    • Cave-in - sometimes bugs out just before platinum and the quest never finishes and eventually timed out for a loss despite all the enemies being defeated

Hornburg:
    • Platinum overall for the main quest is not possible to achieve

General:

• Certain barricades can be picked up which should not be allowed (some an unlimited amount of times)

Quote Originally Posted by Dairos View Post
    I'm not sure if they changed it or not with last update but at the moment there is always one wounded soldier in each of the 4 debris groups
    I am not 100% certain, but I have noticed that there seem to be more than 4 possible debris combinations, out of which you always get 4, and I distinctly remember encountering a configuration in which I did not get a soldier, during 12.1. In any case, I have given up on this quest as well, I never liked lotteries.

We tried many times searching the debris. We ended it by having the mark/meds reward without having platinium as the last wave were killed at the same time that the end of the timer.

They need to find a way to fix this, whereas by removing timer or length it a little. I notice that the last "wave" of debris pop at 30 seconds... too short.

Searching the Debris give you a random starting debris. It's impossible to get Platinum unless you start with the far debris pile (behind the eastern soldiers), as otherwise the soldier from that pile won't have time to make it to the hornburg. I only found it possible when I started at the far debris pile, and memorized which debris pile had the soldier in each cluster, in order to get him moving and heal on cooldown faster. I did do it solo though, I doubt heal cd would be an issue with two people.

Quote Originally Posted by wasteland View Post
    Bugs that I have noticed recently:

[*]Cave-in - sometimes bugs out just before platinum and the quest never finishes and eventually timed out for a loss despite all the enemies being defeated

We've been experiencing this one for the last couple days as well. We get a notification stating all the waves have been killed before Gimli has to force the cave in, we are granted the marks and medallions, and then the timer just keeps running. When it expires the quest fails. This is on the 3 man. The duo seems to work fine.
    Henay Hopeshredder
    Defenders of the Lost Light - Brandywine Server

I did some searching but couldn't find anyone who mentioned this, so I apologize if it's already a well-known problem.

I've had many instances where the quest tracker doesn't show the main Epic Battle objectives/progress (it's completely blank--not even a title or anything). In addition, I've sometimes had this happen with side quests. For instance, I just completed Helm's Dike (solo) where the main objectives never showed up, the first side quest didn't appear either (protect the horses), but the second side quest (protect the tower) did.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

EDIT - I apologise, this is the bug thread...I must have clicked the wrong tab when replying.

My main issue is being forced to spend the whole time clicking things instead of going for combat.

Some people enjoy engineer and officer, which I do to some extent; but as a Warden, combat in BBs is awful. Half your gambit builders don;t register and sometimes you'll be left with a gambit stuck no matter how many times you use it.

Vanguard needs to be more useful. Engineers can build barricades and fire catapults, officers can heal and give target priorities etc.

Vanguards MAY, if they are lucky, have the CHANCE to earn a killstreak.
    Last edited by Kenomica.; Jan 05 2014 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trashy View Post
    I did some searching but couldn't find anyone who mentioned this, so I apologize if it's already a well-known problem.

I've had many instances where the quest tracker doesn't show the main Epic Battle objectives/progress (it's completely blank--not even a title or anything). In addition, I've sometimes had this happen with side quests. For instance, I just completed Helm's Dike (solo) where the main objectives never showed up, the first side quest didn't appear either (protect the horses), but the second side quest (protect the tower) did.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
    You probably already did those quests on that same day (resets at 1 AM server time, I believe). You can only do every quest once a day, no matter what results you had the first time. Even if you fail it, you can't do it again until the next day.

If the quests don't show up in any other situation, it's a bug and you would do best reporting it.

Only if a side quest doesn't complete before the main quest is over, or if you leave the big battle before the quest finishes, you can try it again the same day.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast