We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Big Battles Bugs

Helm's Dike:
    -Side quest: A Stone Obstruction - Huge wave of Dunlendings came up the hill and cut through a gap in the fence. So many came that they wiped out one of the three archers, and then started chewing up all of the soldiers at that hill/ramp up to the Dike.

Deeping Wall:
    -Side Quest: Vandals in the Tower - I never got the 8th (final) wave, and so was unable to complete this quest.

Will add more later. Feel free to add other problems anyone else notices.
    Aethelbehrt ~ Captain of Landroval
    Haradwen ~ Warden of Landroval
    Zôraphel ~ Burglar of Landroval

How about if you leave without finishing the big battle quest, you will lose the quest permanently for all bb instances. I am one of these people and i have a few members of my kin with the same problem. this needs to be fixed asap turbine please. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Trreacherous View Post
    How about if you leave without finishing the big battle quest, you will lose the quest permanently for all bb instances. I am one of these people and i have a few members of my kin with the same problem. this needs to be fixed asap turbine please. thanks!
    I got booted yesterday during the Dike. When i got back i lost all quests, didn't try again afterwards since i went to the new zone. Are you saying i can't get the quest at all anymore now ? That'd be quite horrible.
    Nothing here matters.

Mobs get stuck. Often some don't fight back when I attack them. The first time I do an instance I get a merit bar now when I go in its never there so I don't know how long I've got left to complete.

Also I have to use the instance finder to start a battle. Even tho i bought the expansion months ago when i go into shift+b screen it says unlock instead of launch/que
    Last edited by raymondo; Nov 21 2013 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trreacherous View Post
    I don't recall if this was explicitly stated in the dev diaries, but the Epic Battle quests are dailies. If you fail (and I believe exiting the instance counts as a failure), you have to wait until the dailies reset before you can try again.

It sucks, but hopefully it will prevent the rapid burnout we saw with the Erebor cluster.
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

I don't mind dailies, but giving you one shot to either fail or win is really quite dumb, between learning them in the first place and bugs.
    Beastwise, Captain, R15 | Gladden | Shock and Awe
    Original Challenger of Saruman
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

I was able to click the retreat from battle or whatever it is map table, start up a different epic battle, do the same there, and then go back to the first one just fine, no quest loss or anything.
    Akhash - R6 defiler

Quote Originally Posted by furtim View Post
    I don't recall if this was explicitly stated in the dev diaries, but the Epic Battle quests are dailies. If you fail (and I believe exiting the instance counts as a failure), you have to wait until the dailies reset before you can try again.

It sucks, but hopefully it will prevent the rapid burnout we saw with the Erebor cluster.
    There aren't locks. i did helms dike multiple times and got credit. what i am stating is that if you leave (i received a reply saying this is unintended) you will lose the ability to get any quests for any of the battles. it has happened to a few people i know. another thing is this, when you do big battles never use the map port, let the game port you from instance. looks like a hotfix tomorrow so lets hope they clear this up.

Not sure if bug or WAI (but very weird):

Gave BB a try tonight, mostly went well. But on the Helm's Dike tower side quest for some reason I only got an iron medal even though it seemed like I did decently well. The quest completed with the tower taking 30% damage, and a large green number of "scouts defended" (never saw these scouts, wherever they are). Seems like an iron medal would have the tower taking 90% damage, not 30%...

The other weirdness was the third side quest, sappers trying to blow up the gate from behind. That was still in progress when Grimbold called the retreat and the instance closed, so of course the quest didn't complete or record any medal level. Seems like if it's too late in the battle to complete a side quest, the instance shouldn't initiate it.

Glittering Caves (3-man, but I think solo/duo too):

-Side Quest: Spider Assault - the waves stop coming at 5/10, leaving the quest unfinishable.

Quote Originally Posted by J_Howell View Post
    The other weirdness was the third side quest, sappers trying to blow up the gate from behind. That was still in progress when Grimbold called the retreat and the instance closed, so of course the quest didn't complete or record any medal level. Seems like if it's too late in the battle to complete a side quest, the instance shouldn't initiate it.
    I had the same problem with the 'Protect the Gatehouse' quest in the Hornburg. The main quest was finished before the last waves of the mobs for the side quest arrived.
    There is also a similar bug in the Deeping Coomb battle where you have to remove the debris. There is a timer and 9 waves of enemies must be defeated. Did it today and the quest failed at 7/9 waves.
    Issues with the quest timers existed in many battle quests in Beta, looks like some of them still remain.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastnas View Post
    Glittering Caves (3-man, but I think solo/duo too):

-Side Quest: Spider Assault - the waves stop coming at 5/10, leaving the quest unfinishable.
    The quest finishes when you kill the boss which is hiding deep in the tunnel. It is definitely finishable (did it today), though not well explained in the game.
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Ishtarel - Hunter / Lunasa - Minstrel
    Ishtaridas - LRM 105 / Ishtari - RNK 105 / Ishti - BRG 105 / Cabernetta - GRD 105 / Medovinus - BRN 105
    The Mellowship || Eldar -> Evernight

Quote Originally Posted by Lunasa View Post
    The quest finishes when you kill the boss which is hiding deep in the tunnel. It is definitely finishable (did it today), though not well explained in the game.
    Hmmm, we did go and kill the spider boss, however the defeat 10 waves objectives was still stuck at 5/10 and the quest remained unfinished for the rest of the battle. We rescued several Rohirrim in the cocoons too, but it didn't seem to help.

The spider quest does seem to be bugged - like you said, finished it yesterday by killing the boss - crystal was fine and it failed!

Have had similar problems in several other BBs, not least the Debris quest Ishtarien mentions. Yesterday had 9/12 debris piles done with 2 mins to go and the final set did not highlight until there were only 45 secs left! This was not enough time to check the piles, heal the Rohirrim who appeared AND defuse the bomb that appeared, though at least all debris iles WERE searched, but the quest still failed - totally ridiculous. Was not able to see what the situaton was with the waves, but my hunter fwllow was doing a pretty good job of despatching them.

There also still seem to be a lot of soldiers standing around admiring the view whilst the battle is going on, leaving their comrades to get slaughtered, which is inevitable in this circumstance. This seems particularly bad in the Tower quest in the Dike, where soldiers get stranded on the wrong side of the fence then do nothing until their mates get ganked and all the mobs arrive at the tower. (including the ones that still come through the fence!)

As Silma said way back in beta 3, the AI could do with a large dose of addtional "I" !!!

Hmmm, we did go and kill the spider boss, however the defeat 10 waves objectives was still stuck at 5/10 and the quest remained unfinished for the rest of the battle. We rescued several Rohirrim in the cocoons too, but it didn't seem to help.
    Oh, thank you for clarification. For me this quest would always finish sooner than expected after 5 or 6 waves, but I do get some medal for it.
    One more thing to bug then

Also those cocoons are marked that they are belonging to a different quest which is currently disabled ("Bombs and Bats"). I don't know if it is just a tooltip issue or has something to do with the functionality of the quest.
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Ishtaridas - LRM 105 / Ishtari - RNK 105 / Ishti - BRG 105 / Cabernetta - GRD 105 / Medovinus - BRN 105

I just did the 3man Glittering Cave battle and had the same bug. The quest was stuck at 5/10 waves and never finished. I think it only occurs in the 3man battle as I never encountered it or heard of it in the solo version
    Ishtarien - Captain

The Spider quest is weird.

I've tried it 3 times solo.

First 2 times I went and killed the boss from the start(btw, the 2 spiders with the boss don't engage the player. They just let you beat on them). And the quest completed automatically when the 6th wave or so was defeated. Got no medal but did get marks.

3rd time I stood and by the crystals and fought off the spiders. After it got to 5/10 it said I completed it, and got marks. No medal. But the quest still showed up in the tracker and asked to kill the boss as well. When I went to kill the boss the current phase of the big battle finished and as I was fighting the boss the next phase started and I got 1-shot by enemy archers. So the quest remained incomplete(the medal part at least).

ETA: Also Preparing the Charge during Glittering Caves Solo. the 0/3 Uruk Boss objective doesn't update when you kill the first 2 Uruks boss. only the 3rd Uruk boss seems to register. The objective does complete when you kill all 3, it's just the tracking that's borked.
    Last edited by Golledhel; Nov 22 2013 at 03:36 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000000b3969/01007/signature.png]Minarfin[/charsig]

Helm's Dike

I finished helms dike with watchtower side quest finished with 90% damage. When The order came to go to the Hornburg and it said finished. I did not get any medal and got stuck inside the instance with all objects disappearing around me. so i had to port out of there and nothing no mention of me finishing it what so ever. no log nothing.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b000000177d1a/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Thorwyn99 View Post
    I got booted yesterday during the Dike. When i got back i lost all quests, didn't try again afterwards since i went to the new zone. Are you saying i can't get the quest at all anymore now ? That'd be quite horrible.
    The main and side quests are dailies in the big battles. While you can run them over and over and still receive marks/medallions, you will not see the quest or the progress for quests you have already done that day (both main and side) but you will see any new side quests for that particular battle.

Hope that clears it up a little.
    [url=http://galleries.guildlaunch.net/138883/Tinalynth48281Pop.jpg][IMG]http://galleries.guildlaunch.net/138883/Tinalynth48281Pop.jpg[/IMG][/url]

Destroy ram and protect gate: we got the message the ram was destroyed and the quest was done. We went back to the main action. After about a minute there was a message saying the gate was destroyed and the side quest failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasimir View Post
    Destroy ram and protect gate: we got the message the ram was destroyed and the quest was done. We went back to the main action. After about a minute there was a message saying the gate was destroyed and the side quest failed.
    Are you positive that the quest was done? Cause I have had that one and you have to defeat waves of orcs coming in after you have destroyed the ram.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000279ada/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

After Friday update

Dike - Watchtower still seems to be bugged, never completes successfully, even when everything is done properly.

- Flames at the gate and Powder at the gate yet to proc

Wall - Vandals in the tower yet to proc

- all others working fine

Coomb - Debris quest still seems to be bugged an cannot be completed

- A pillage denied now procs and is completeable

- Fall back has yet to proc

Caves - Only ever seems to start with the Western side, sames side quests every time (Stalactites over the bridge and spiders). Solider AI in stalactites is appalling - several run off after one mob leaving 2 on the barricades which are soon overwhelmed with 10-15 mobs! Ran this approx 8 times today and same quests every time.

Hornburg - not run since Friday update (yet!)

There are still widespread issues with soldier AI (or lack of it), especially standing idly by whilst everyone else gets pulped.

Demoralising powder still seems to have no effect.

I once did finish the quest by killing the boss, but every time, the area you're in suddenly transforms into "battle background" (the area the orcs come from) and you get insta-killed on your way back.

Also the quest where you have to kill the Uruk bosses doesn't reflect the actual number of bosses killed, stays at "0/3" the whole time and says "1/3" after you've killed all 3. Not game-breaking but confusing.

I don't mind dailies, but giving you one shot to either fail or win is really quite dumb, between learning them in the first place and bugs.
    The fact that the quests don't even show up anymore on your quest tracker is a huge problem.

Even if I'm not getting any rewards for them, I need to have the battle status and quest objectives somewhere the second time around or I have no clue what the hell is going on! And in a highly collaborative setting, it's kind of a huge problem - especially since a configuration where every single player in the battle has a "clean" dailies status is gonna be rare.

There are a lot of situations where you'd do those battles several times: helping a kinnie unlock the battles, helping someone to learn the ropes, filling a gap for someone trying a 12-man, testing strategies or builds, or just doing them over for fun - can't really do any of that atm.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/7803/rz50.png[/IMG][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?508409-Scenic-Arda"]Scenic Arda[/URL] - [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?532343-Scenic-Helm-s-Deep&p=7014227"]Scenic Helm's Deep[/URL] - [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?519168-New-forum-skin-light-theme"]Forum Light Theme[/URL][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by J_Howell View Post
    Not sure if bug or WAI (but very weird):
    I ran Helms Dike twice last night to train kinmates on the system and this happened to me both times on the final side quest. I noticed a few other bugs: the western ballista wouldn't register hit on enemy formations (the eastern catapult would), enemies seemed to be coming down lanes that were not marked as active, and lane changes were happening in the middle of the first and second side quests. I had none of these issues at all when I played Wednesday or Thursday.

I tried submitting a bug report but the bug report tool wouldn't open.

Quote Originally Posted by EruReborn View Post
    After Friday update

Dike - Watchtower still seems to be bugged, never completes successfully, even when everything is done properly.

Coomb - Debris quest still seems to be bugged an cannot be completed
    I have been able to complete both of these. Watchtower was a pain but using the barricades at the start to set up impedments and set up my trip wire traps from my rank 1 engineer I can slow them down and then using all my AoEs from being a champ inflict a lot of damage to the mobs so that the soldiers defending can defeat the enemies. Also had a lot of luck when I did finally complete it.

As for Debris seems a little hit an miss. The debris piles are not marked on the map meaning you have to go running around all over the place to find them and if you miss even one of them you fail the quest which is a pain.

The other quest I have problems with is the stone obstruction quest in helms dike. I have yet to complete it even once and it often leads to me losing several soldiers and sometimes even a commander i the process before it fails. I can't figure out where I need to go to help stifle the enormous tide of dunlending that some swarming up during the quest.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000279ada/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Gohankuten View Post
    I have been able to complete both of these. Watchtower was a pain but using the barricades at the start to set up impedments and set up my trip wire traps from my rank 1 engineer I can slow them down and then using The other quest I have problems with is the stone obstruction quest in helms dike. I have yet to complete it even once and it often leads to me losing several soldiers and sometimes even a commander i the process before it fails. I can't figure out where I need to go to help stifle the enormous tide of dunlending that some swarming up during the quest.
    Isn't that the one where you have to tell the archers to shoot like 15 times? They're the 3 marked objectives that get marked on your minimap.

I think the dunlendings that spawn are supposed to ignore your soldiers and go for the archers, but whats happening now is they're going straight for the soldiers and if you don't have someone in the lane defending them you will lose the lane entirely.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast