We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 37 of 37
  1. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Breeon View Post
    Is that what would be said of you if that happened.. that you were complaining for the sake of complaining? And anyway it does seem like you are using this as an opportunity to complain about something altogether unrelated. Cosmetics are one thing. By all means pay out the nose for that. You're comparing apples to oranges. Game mechanics are something altogether different, and the price for an additional slot, per character is still steep. I myself am not complaining; If the price isn't changed I just won't buy it. I thought about it as a workaround to the hotbar/quickslot problem, but will wait and see if that's straightened out first. Even then I probably won't spend that much. As for wanting something and having to buy it, too bad former skills were cut up into 3 separate parts and now you have to pay for them. But that's considered good business practice to convince consumers there is something they didn't know they needed.

    The price is about the same for additional housing storage upgrade and I did purchase that. But that's something that can be shared between characters, so according to your logic that should only apply to one character. It seems the thrust of your argument has more to do with the fear of feeling ripped off if the price on something you paid for (colors for your steeds, which has nothing to do with this thread really), is lowered and made available to others at a more affordable cost.
    First, if you payed attention, which clearly you didn't. I was responding to the poster above me, they brought up the whole costmetic color horse thing. Not me. I really didn't appreciate them speaking on my behalf, so I stated as such.

    Another thing, I wasn't "complaining" I was stating a fact (I would be pissed), big difference between the 2 things. Since when does saying how something would make a person feel, turn into complaining? :/

    Now... if they did go and make that change for the horse color, I might "complain" about it. But, until then. :/


    Back on topic!

    I will add, that sure I feel as though the prices are steep for the extra trait slot, but I'm doubtful that Turbine will change it. Lets say, I would be really surprised if they do.
    Last edited by Jurny; Nov 25 2013 at 05:33 PM.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Barad-dûr
    Posts
    591
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurny View Post
    I will add, that sure I feel as though the prices are steep for the extra trait slot, but I'm doubtful that Turbine will change it. Lets say, I would be really surprised if they do.
    Thank you for bringing the post to which you were responding to my attention a third time. Thank you for steering this topic back on course also. Your last sentence seems more on point.

    Quote Originally Posted by mr_toad View Post
    As far as I know, the 3rd traitslot does not get around any bug. The bug's still there -- if you re-spec you have to manually re-arranged your skills unless you put the skills for each spec in different slots of your skill bar. Since I use a naga mouse, I keep all 12 of my most use skills on the same spots on the skillbar, so this "workaround" is useless for me.
    Gedachtnis (Author of 'Ged's Guide': https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ait-Tree-Guide) posted this:

    "There is a workaround for this issue (https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...97#post6990797). However I can promise you won't like it, as it requires purchasing a extra spec tab and leaving it blank. I would suggest reading the entire Guide to get a clear picture of what happens and why, but if you start from the above link you'll see the workaround down a little bit."
    (Source: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ng-trait-trees)
    Last edited by Breeon; Nov 25 2013 at 04:39 PM.
    DRNA

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Local cluster
    Posts
    522
    I would also weigh in and say that I find the mithril cost preposterously high, esp given that it's not an account-wide unlock.

  4. #29
    I have bought a slot. I worked out at my buying habits (largish bundle Double TP sales, large bundle MC sale) that an extra slot cost me ~£3.50. However other than the third slot on my main, I can't justify any more slots at that price, I just won't see enough benefit.

    Economically speaking, I think they are priced to high, that if you half the price, you'll more than double the sales.
    “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,198
    The prices for extra slots both for the class traits and for the promotions traits are very steep and the fact that they are not account-wide is very upsetting for the multi-character players. Alts are a form of an "end-game" for most of people I know. What do you do when you reach the level cap and gear the character well? Often you will want to try a new class. The extreme cost of the trait tabs is extremely demotivating.

    I gave up, I did purchase 2 extra trait tabs for my captain and one additional promotion tab. It is 300 mithril coins just to make a character playable from my point of view. Why can't I play with fewer saved specs? Because I am a perfectionist and as a captain I am used to retraiting for every single instance depending on the group composition. In the past I would just port to Galtrev and spend half a minute to change 2-5 traits, it was done very fast for a handful of silver. Now I have to 1) spend nearly 1.5 gold for retraiting, 2) click up to 58 times to spend all points available, 3) possibly click much more because memorizing all builds takes some time and it is so easy to misclick. I actively use all 3 specs in my playstyle, and I really want to make hybrid builds - this is why 4 saved builds is my personal minimum. Despite the popular complains, I have absolutely no problems with UI and skills going to wrong locations. I switch a lot between the trash and the boss fight, or for landscape questing, or during the Battles. When I switch to a new build, every skill goes exactly where I expect it to be - just in the same way as it is described in the Ged's guide. It does take some time to arrange the skills initially, but it becomes extremely convenient in the future.

    Why the price for extra saved specs is so extreme (same 100 coins per character) for the Epic Battles promotion tree I don't understand at all. Again, after extensively testing these battles in Beta I personally can not play it with less than 3 builds available at any moment. It is not a must of course, but that's how I play.

    The result of the high cost for extra tabs for me is simple: for the first time in many years I have no desire to play my alts. I do not enjoy the restrictions which come with the new form of retraiting and I am financially not able to afford the cost of extra tabs on all my characters. This means that as soon as I become bored of playing captain, I will just stop playing until the further expansion or until any adjustments to this price policy are done.
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Ishtari - Rune Keeper / Ishtarel - Hunter / Lunasa - Minstrel
    Ishtaridas - LRM 105 / Ishti - BRG 105 / Cabernetta - GRD 105 / Merlotta - CHP 105 / Medovinus - BRN 105
    The Mellowship || Eldar -> Evernight

  6. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilmo View Post
    Not only are they priced too high, but I there's something else that concerns me. As far as I know the trait slots, and the additional house chest slots, are the first permanent character- and account-level unlocks that are being purchased with Mithril Coins instead of TP. The problem with that is that you don't get any email receipt as proof-of-purchase for Mithril Coin purchases. That's fine if you are purchasing a quick travel to quest-giver or task reset, but for a permanent feature unlock for my account or character, I want a receipt, and even more so if it's an ridiculously overpriced one. If you log in one day and find all your expensive extra trait slots missing due to some database corruption, you'll have no way to prove you ever bought them. I bought one for my main before realizing this, and between that and the price, that's the only one I'm ever going to buy.
    Agreed. If I'm going to pay this absurd sum, I want a receipt. And I agree with the OP; prices (especially on things purchased with Mithril coins) are becoming abusive.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    378
    UP we go.


    Still absurdly high cost. I refuse to believe that they actually make now more money with this
    than they could make if the cost was a lot lower.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    383
    Now that the trait cap is 74 points, I am leaning more towards getting a third slot (as I assume others are as well). However, it still is RIDICULOUSLY pricey as it is also not account wide. Does anyone know if they ever go on sale for 25-30% or more off? I will not pay 100 coins for one slot. That's insane. I might lean towards 50 or even 60 but anything higher just seems like a pure waste to me. Has turbine considered lowering it at all, I'd imagine if they did they'd make a handful more cash.

  9. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerdrinker View Post
    Now that the trait cap is 74 points, I am leaning more towards getting a third slot (as I assume others are as well). However, it still is RIDICULOUSLY pricey as it is also not account wide. Does anyone know if they ever go on sale for 25-30% or more off? I will not pay 100 coins for one slot. That's insane. I might lean towards 50 or even 60 but anything higher just seems like a pure waste to me. Has turbine considered lowering it at all, I'd imagine if they did they'd make a handful more cash.
    People have complained several times about the high prices and roughly a year ago I remember that quartermaster said they were going to look into the issue.
    Nothing happened.

    I would pay 100 mithril, possibly more for an *account* wide trait slot.
    But I will never pay 100 mithril for a single character.
    In my opinion it is stupid not to have an account wide trait slot option.

    I am quite certain that turbine is loosing a lot of money because of the ridiculously high prices and the lack of an account wide option, but well - it is their decision how to run their business.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Catalonia
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNothing View Post
    People have complained several times about the high prices and roughly a year ago I remember that quartermaster said they were going to look into the issue.
    Nothing happened.

    I would pay 100 mithril, possibly more for an *account* wide trait slot.
    But I will never pay 100 mithril for a single character.
    In my opinion it is stupid not to have an account wide trait slot option.

    I am quite certain that turbine is loosing a lot of money because of the ridiculously high prices and the lack of an account wide option, but well - it is their decision how to run their business.
    Totally agree.
    It's a pity that the accountants currently managing the company will never read this, because they don't care at all about anything outside their spreadsheets.
    Flatline__/\____

    *MAC PLAYER*

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    383
    Can we get a bump on this topic so there's more discussion about lowering the price of the extra trait tree slot? With the addition of the Imbue system and its OUTRAGEOUS mithril coin costs, I think it's time to at least reconsider the price on the trait tree slot. 100 coins is absurd and they should at least offer a discount price for an account wide one. Or say have it available for 2-3 characters for 250 coins or something? Turbine won't make as much money if they don't at least consider making discounts available in bulk and preferably lowering the price altogether.

  12. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterU View Post
    Thank you all, very much, for this feedback. We'll make sure that those in charge of these systems get feedback posted here!
    Well, that was 1 1/2 years ago.
    Don't know if the feedback ever reached those in charge.
    Maybe it reached them, but they didn't read it.
    Maybe there are good reasons for the ridiculous price, but I highly doubt it.

    I am still running around with 2 trait tree slots on all my characters.
    I would be willing to spend 100 MC for an account-wide option, but 100 MC per char is just plain ridiculous.

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload