We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Niohoggr View Post
    All invisible NPCs for me, too. Really disappointing... I'm only still playing just to get my LOTRO fix, lol. It is technically possible to play by targeting whatever's under the floaty name, but still annoying because you can't visually identify mobs from a great distance. And I agree--Turbine should have at least done the specs on the expansion and posted a notification SOMEHOW warning players that might have insufficient systems. They really owe us a fix.
    I've had invisible NPC's.. especially in Edoras, for weeks now. I've reported it, bugged it, send dxdiag and had hope that this update would do something to address this ridiculous issue. Sadly, I went to Edoras and it is still totally empty. The Golden Hall... the market place... there's no one anywhere.

To have released this expansion to paying customers in this condition is a disgrace.

And my computer is NOT that old.

*sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Niohoggr View Post
    All invisible NPCs for me, too. Really disappointing... I'm only still playing just to get my LOTRO fix, lol. It is technically possible to play by targeting whatever's under the floaty name, but still annoying because you can't visually identify mobs from a great distance. And I agree--Turbine should have at least done the specs on the expansion and posted a notification SOMEHOW warning players that might have insufficient systems. They really owe us a fix.
    I do think they owe us a fix. It's so callous that one day you're playing happily and literally the next day (due to an expansion you didn't even want or buy) you suddenly can't play anymore.

I hope they change the specs and save other players the frustration. As for me, it's been a month of having no resolution to this problem. I could play on my friend's new computer as she used to play the game on mine, but no thanks. I feel very badly treated.

I love Lotr and perhaps someday I'll read the trilogy I own again, for the 4th time. ^^ For the game, thinking on it is making me miserable and I don't need that in my life along with all else.

Cheers.

Not to start some kind of cyber revolution against Turbine or anything; but has anyone posted anything about this on their Facebook page? The added publicity might cause more players who are experiencing this problem to come forward (strength in numbers and all), and it might make it harder for Turbine to simply blow off the issue without much follow through if it was on a social media site like Facebook, Twitter, etc visible to more playes than those who are looking (or more appropriately wandering) through this forum for a solution.

Just a thought, I personally don't have a Facebook so I'll leave this idea here for anyone willing enough to run with it...
    Good Luck.

Unhappy Rendering shadows...

I was desperate for a solution after only a few days now and here I'm reading through so many unresolved complaints I can't quite believe my eyes. I tried a lot of things even before some nice guy pointed me at direction of this thread, but no good.
    Do they at least try to solve it, or is it still just our problem to deal with? I reported a bug and was put off with, recommended to ask someone in-game. I don't feel like this is the way we should be treated, even if I'm not a VIP player. Good idea with the FB post, though, it might get us some attention .

I can see some kind of blinking shadows instead of mobs and I always use floating names, so I can at least play, but it's not fun to pick your festival armour and cosmetic rewards . I hope it get's fixed real soon...

Quote Originally Posted by hatrid55 View Post
    Not to start some kind of cyber revolution against Turbine or anything; but has anyone posted anything about this on their Facebook page? The added publicity might cause more players who are experiencing this problem to come forward (strength in numbers and all), and it might make it harder for Turbine to simply blow off the issue without much follow through if it was on a social media site like Facebook, Twitter, etc visible to more playes than those who are looking (or more appropriately wandering) through this forum for a solution.

Just a thought, I personally don't have a Facebook so I'll leave this idea here for anyone willing enough to run with it...
    Good Luck.
    Well, I posted it on their facebook page, but frankly I'd be surprised if it does much to generate any attention to this issue.

I'm not sure they're all that concerned and frankly I'm pretty disgusted by it. I read their updated computer specs and my computer should have NO problem playing this game.... and DIDN'T have any problem until the HD expansion.

Unhappy

I caught a glimpse the silhouette of my hobbit warden's hair the other day. It was the first I'd seen of any of my characters (other than their weapons) in a month. I was so happy to see it, I almost cheered out loud.

Pretty pathetic, huh? Some people whine because they lag slightly in raids while playing with the graphics maxed out. I just want to be able to see myself and other people again. This is very disheartening.

Our computers should be able to handle the new graphics as well. Both at our house on 3 different dual processor windows xp machines and a mac with ati graphics and they are all invisible. It has nothing to do with intel graphics at all. So many of us have spent money and love the game and yet this problem goes unaddressed. I am very disappointed. Like others I am just not able to get into playing at all invisible. We were so looking forward to the winter festival. Turbine you either need to change your minimum requirements or come up with a fix. Its very disheartening and down right mean that you won't even address that we have a problem. I have posted to facebook many times. It works for every other company in the world but Turbine just doesn't care what people say on facebook either. Its very sad that they abandon so many faithful players and spenders of real money.

Quote Originally Posted by Marethryth View Post
    I caught a glimpse the silhouette of my hobbit warden's hair the other day. It was the first I'd seen of any of my characters (other than their weapons) in a month. I was so happy to see it, I almost cheered out loud.
    Same here xD I managed to see a part of my woman's hoodie a few days ago, and I cheered out loud xD and made a screenshot.

I actually notice some improvement. I can see more now, most of the NPC-s are partly visible. Some of the mounts, and some of other player's clothes, too. I really don't understand how can some things be visible while others are not, but ohwell.

/and on a sidenote, tonight I had a really vivid dream that the bug was fixed *sigh* I was disappointed when I woke up and find out it was only a dream :C /

Going into the second month of this problem and I'm about to give up. Why in the hell isn't there a hot fix for this yet? I cant get my money back for HD and I'm without a game. I really feel scammed. It was said the problem was being looked into but still no word.
    Never forget 2/14-16
    Survivor of the Great Down Time of 2013

I have this bug as well. Investigating it, I found that mine is a shader version issue. LotRO now needs a video card that supports a pixel/vertix shader higher than 1.1. I am running a dell 896G integrated graphics processor; and it only supports shader 1.1. Pre-patch, the LotRO requirements were shader 1.1 minimum; so it worked fine.

I wiped the game off my system and reinstalled. It wasted 6 hours of download/install time, and gave me the same problem.

The software shader I'm running brings me down to about 3fps, but gives me crystal clear graphics. I'm still tinkering with the shader settings to see if I can squeeze 20fps out of it.

2 gigs of ram, 128mb vid card, 80gb HD; good-ol' dependable betsyXP is a little behind the times... Time to find an agp vid card :\

The shader is called 'Swiftshader' 3.0'. You might have better luck with it than I.

Tried your fix Lewen

Quote Originally Posted by Lewen View Post
    I have this bug as well. Investigating it, I found that mine is a shader version issue. LotRO now needs a video card that supports a pixel/vertix shader higher than 1.1. I am running a dell 896G integrated graphics processor; and it only supports shader 1.1. Pre-patch, the LotRO requirements were shader 1.1 minimum; so it worked fine.

I wiped the game off my system and reinstalled. It wasted 6 hours of download/install time, and gave me the same problem.

The software shader I'm running brings me down to about 3fps, but gives me crystal clear graphics. I'm still tinkering with the shader settings to see if I can squeeze 20fps out of it.

2 gigs of ram, 128mb vid card, 80gb HD; good-ol' dependable betsyXP is a little behind the times... Time to find an agp vid card :\

The shader is called 'Swiftshader' 3.0'. You might have better luck with it than I.
    I think you must be right. Pixel Shader that high has been an issue for me with certain games before. I did try Swiftshader and was absolutely blown away to see my characters load crystal clear. In game too. Like you, my frame rate is the absolute suck, but I have no idea how to tweak the settings. Perhaps it's just that my processor isn't very fast.

It's really jarring how instantly the game was nerfed for me after the HD update. I hope you can find a workable way to play because right now my game moves like it's under severe lag, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Elf-Rider View Post
    Our computers should be able to handle the new graphics as well. Both at our house on 3 different dual processor windows xp machines and a mac with ati graphics and they are all invisible. It has nothing to do with intel graphics at all. So many of us have spent money and love the game and yet this problem goes unaddressed. I am very disappointed. Like others I am just not able to get into playing at all invisible. We were so looking forward to the winter festival. Turbine you either need to change your minimum requirements or come up with a fix. Its very disheartening and down right mean that you won't even address that we have a problem. I have posted to facebook many times. It works for every other company in the world but Turbine just doesn't care what people say on facebook either. Its very sad that they abandon so many faithful players and spenders of real money.
    I could not agree more. I've played this game since SoA beta and I am so completely disgusted by this latest expansion. No NPC's, half the time when I log in I'm NO LONGER A MEMBER OF MY KINSHIP... can you beat that??? If I log out and back in I'm miraculously 'reinstated' but what the hell?

And big battles? Oh my god they are the worst. Just the worst. Lame beyond description. This expansion is a disgrace.

Thank goodness. Someone finally pinned the problem down, ty ty. Now that you have done Turbines work for them we just need a work able fix. Pretty Sure Turbine will not be doing that part either.
    Never forget 2/14-16

Right .. turbine seriously needs to change the minimum requirements for the game then.

Currently they have listed Geforce 3 and Radeon 8500 as min. reqs, and those cards are both Dx8.0, meaning that they support just shader models 1.0 and 1.1.

Ah this is both great and sucks... I don't think turbine will change, they'll stick with the "your video card is too old, get a new one" philosophy.
    I hope someone will be able to find a way to make it work. I tried to put everything to the lowest setting, and it's still not playable like this. I didn't even try to get close to a mob, it would kill me while I blink...

But I was happy to finally see my characters. However when I summoned a lm pet, it had 2 head, and one was... 2D xD;

Swift shader

Hi guys, I installed swiftshader 3.0 with the same results. 3 fps and the game is basically unplayable. Something else I hadn't noticed until I tried to kill a mob is that none of my abilities work because of the stupid new trait strategy, but I digress... Also the graphics are exactly the same as before the upgrade even using the advanced shaders. I'm sure the graphics are better in Helm's deep but they are exactly the same in all the old areas!!! I am lvl 62 in Gol Goldur stuck, as is my wife until we decide to buy two new computers since we have two players here. VIP's, we spend money on top of that too, buying all the cool stuff and buffs. We have an alliance and an alliance house and put a lot of time into our server and friends there. They should have let everyone not up to the helms deep level keep the old system until they got there. In one fell swoop you made it so none of my computers work. My Imac with ATI graphics, My older gaming machine with radeon graphics doesn't work like they say it should. And of course all the laptops. This is the most disregard I have seen for players in my 35 years of gaming!!! BAD LOTRO! BAD BAD LOTRO!!! Update --- There are no settings that will make it run faster in its current build ---
    Last edited by Elf-Rider; Dec 31 2013 at 10:48 AM.

Yeah, it beyond pisses me off that I was pushed to preorder HD only for Turbine to change the graphic requirements and not let anyone know before release. I said it before and I'll say it again, I feel scammed!
    Never forget 2/14-16

This is maddening. Has anyone contacted Turbine with the information on pixel shading? It seems like the people on this thread have done a lot of work to narrow down the problem. Now that the holidays are over, I hope they'll start making some progress on game issues.

Just got my second character to 95, and I've had to fly blind for all of it, which is BS.

Why the shade mod was even mucked with in the first place and nothing said blows my mind. Someone knew changing this would kick a portion of the game community in the teeth, but I guess it was better to make it a surprise. This all could have been mentioned months ago, but perhaps I wouldn't have bought HD if I knew I had to save for a new PC to even play the old content. Its not like the graphic are radically different with the updated shades anyway. Just the characters, NPCs, and mobs I suppose.
    Never forget 2/14-16

Haven't played in a while. Got really fed up with this.
    Can anyone tell me how I can check which pixelshader version my card uses?

Problem Fixed

Over the holidays I got some cash and spent it on a new graphics card on Amazon. Sorry for not posting this a while back but I fixed the problem with the graphics card. It cost only about $30.00 and improved my fps by a whole lot. And it was very easy to install at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Scuto View Post
    Over the holidays I got some cash and spent it on a new graphics card on Amazon. Sorry for not posting this a while back but I fixed the problem with the graphics card. It cost only about $30.00 and improved my fps by a whole lot. And it was very easy to install at that.
    I can't get a new graphic card, I'm from laptop - and I remember many of us in this topic has a laptop. I was looking for an exterior graphic card, but it requires twice as much RAM as I have now (and it's my expanded RAM, I doubt I can get more with my current system).

I've had the same experience as Sybyn. My graphics card is built into the CPU, as it is with most laptops. The only laptops that allow you to change out graphics cards are gaming laptops, which are easily 3-4 times the price of most standard laptops. I'm a student, so obviously I don't have a lot of money to spend on a computer just for gaming; I have to chose one that's more affordable and that is equally conducive to classwork and to my job.

I resign myself to saving up for a new laptop rather than keeping this one, even though it runs very well and has plenty of RAM and hard drive space. So much of the hardware and software is impossible to find upgrades for at this point because it's been obsolete for so long. As much as I'd like to keep using this one, between OS changes and other upgrades, it would actually cost more to keep using it.

In the meantime, though, Turbine and LOTRO need to fix this problem. The system requirements released prior to HD provided us no fair warning that this would happen, and it is very, VERY poor customer service practice to ignore a problem this significant for so many people.

At the very least, I'd appreciate an official acknowledgment of the invisibility issue and the lack of fair warning. The information blackout and dismissive attitude from LOTRO/Turbine staff is -- to me, at least -- far more damaging to my opinion of the company than the ongoing technical problem.

And still the problem exist after nearly 2 months. I'm getting the feeling the issue isn't even being actively looked into by turbine any longer. TELL US SOMETHING, TURBINE! Anything would be better than this silent treatment. It is known that the shader mod is the cause of our problem so what is the plan to fix it? Are the players with this problem not important to you? I just can't believe that would be the case but that is what it is starting to look like. Is the plan just to ignore all of us until we go away and then declare the problem solved? If that is the case you can believe I will warn everyone about these practices.

I get socked to buy HD only to have the graphic requirements changed without warning and then ignored when I need support. What really did I pay for then?
    Never forget 2/14-16

Quote Originally Posted by Insanesoul View Post
    And still the problem exist after nearly 2 months. I'm getting the feeling the issue isn't even being actively looked into by turbine any longer. TELL US SOMETHING, TURBINE! Anything would be better than this silent treatment. It is known that the shader mod is the cause of our problem so what is the plan to fix it? Are the players with this problem not important to you? I just can't believe that would be the case but that is what it is starting to look like. Is the plan just to ignore all of us until we go away and then declare the problem solved? If that is the case you can believe I will warn everyone about these practices.

I get socked to buy HD only to have the graphic requirements changed without warning and then ignored when I need support. What really did I pay for then?
    Can you tell me how to check which pixelshader my PC uses?
    I tested Lotro again, but now on my bit-better-then-my-######-pc laptop and now it does work.
    No more invisible stuff.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast