We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

List of things that need fixing.

Haven't seen such a thread yet, so lets start listing what needs fixing.

1) Buff durations are way, way too short. (I thought that would be one of the critical fixes that would make it for live, but...guess not).
    2) Might still contributes to physical mastery. I don't mind this, considering that I would LIKE to have some might for more block rating, but we were told that this was going away with the switch over to agility as our main stat.
    3) Guardians have Shield-taunt which “moderately increases threat.” Would it be too much to ask to return one of our threat transfers? We need a way to gain threat without damage aside from spamming Defiant Challenge over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over…etc.
    4) To quote a kin-member, “The Defiant Challenge animation is very derpy.” I’m inclined to agree.
    5) Power consumption is too high. I know we lost the Determination ICPR we had before.

That’s all I got so far. I'm sure I'll come up with more later on, but I'm going to play my cappy for a while.
    Last edited by Othniel; Nov 20 2013 at 01:38 PM.
    Aethelbehrt ~ Captain of Landroval
    Haradwen ~ Warden of Landroval
    Zôraphel ~ Burglar of Landroval

#3 is the biggest to me. I would call #3a the max targets that many have mentioned. We can't have less than Champions, as they're part of the group we're trying to keep aggro off of.
    [center]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tY1055I.jpg[/IMG]
    [color=green][b]Gloarn[/b][/color] 80 Burglar [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glorn[/b][/color] 75 Champion [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Gloirn[/b][/color] 75 Rune-keeper [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glourn[/b][/color] 75 Captain
    [color=brown][b]Glarnakh[/b][/color] R7 Warleader [color=grey]|[/color] [color=brown][b]Glarno[/b][/color] R6 Reaver
    [/center]

"Critical" would mean something like the Invincible Lore-Masters, which did indeed get fixed.

Buff durations I'd expect to see messed with in a 12.x update. Yeah, they suck, but it should at least be possible to get through the solo content while waiting for adjustments.
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

Deviled_Egg is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Team
    Turbine, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Othniel View Post
    Haven't seen such a thread yet, so lets start listing what needs fixing.

1) Buff durations are way, way too short. (I thought that would be one of the critical fixes that would make it for live, but...guess not).
    2) Might still contributes to physical mastery. I don't mind this, considering that I would LIKE to have some might for more block rating, but we were told that this was going away with the switch over to agility as our main stat.
    3) Guardians have Shield-taunt which “moderately increases threat.” Would it be too much to ask to return one of our threat transfers? We need a way to gain threat without damage aside from spamming Defiant Challenge over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over…etc.
    4) To quote a kin-member, “The Defiant Challenge animation is very derpy.” I’m inclined to agree.
    5) Power consumption is too high. I know we lost the Determination ICPR we had before.

That’s all I got so far. I'm sure I'll come up with more later on, but I'm going to play my cappy for a while.
    Buff durations will be going up in 12.1 and we'll continue to modify threat. Thanks for the feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by Deviled_Egg View Post
    Buff durations will be going up in 12.1 and we'll continue to modify threat. Thanks for the feedback!
    Well thank YOU for the feedback. I hope that at the very least we can see the threat leeches return that the Warden was built upon. Please remember though that without leeches we can have all the threat in the world but we need to be able to hit all the targets. Having less max targets that Champions could be a big problem in AOE pulls.
    [center]
    [color=green][b]Gloarn[/b][/color] 80 Burglar [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glorn[/b][/color] 75 Champion [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Gloirn[/b][/color] 75 Rune-keeper [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glourn[/b][/color] 75 Captain
    [color=brown][b]Glarnakh[/b][/color] R7 Warleader [color=grey]|[/color] [color=brown][b]Glarno[/b][/color] R6 Reaver
    [/center]

I have a question: why does Marked target say it gives a +20% phys mitigation buff to your target? I don't know whether it actually works, since I have no way of reliably testing it, but it seems 'odd' to say the least.

My biggest concern from all the gripes I've read was the buff durations, so I'm super glad to see that's changing! (Even though I have yet to experience the changes yet...)
    --- Dornne - 95 Warden --- --- Aldohn - 45ish Minstrel --- --- Morkar - 45ish Captain ---

I haven't noticed any power problems in Recklessness. This is strange since prior to the update I never used Recklessness because I couldn't go for more than a few seconds without running out of power.

The item that annoys me is that Recovery does not work when you are out of combat. We have now gone from a state where it was impossible to retain a gambit when out of combat to it being impossible to get rid of one while out of combat (except for waiting for the old gambit to time out). This can be a pain when going from one combat to another as I often don't realize that I have an existing gambit until after I started building the first gambit of the next combat.
    [I]Pineleaf Needles[/I],

Skirmisher Director for [URL="http://lotroplayers.mymiddleearth.com/"]LOTRO Players[/URL].

Remember to skirmish responsibly.

Deviled_Egg is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Team
    Turbine, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaleyD View Post
    I haven't noticed any power problems in Recklessness. This is strange since prior to the update I never used Recklessness because I couldn't go for more than a few seconds without running out of power.

The item that annoys me is that Recovery does not work when you are out of combat. We have now gone from a state where it was impossible to retain a gambit when out of combat to it being impossible to get rid of one while out of combat (except for waiting for the old gambit to time out). This can be a pain when going from one combat to another as I often don't realize that I have an existing gambit until after I started building the first gambit of the next combat.
    We'll look into this, thanks!

It's not just Recovery, the whole out of combat thing is really buggy. If you kill a mob with the Gambit that has been saved out of combat, it's still saved. It causes a lot of screwiness when trying to build Gambits.

It's a nice idea to be able to still use that Warden's Triumph we just built or something, but definitely needs some tweaking.
    [center]
    [/center]

Quote Originally Posted by RaleyD View Post

You can actually use 'Battle Preparation' and then remove the gambit with 'Recovery'...works for me at least
    Anyway the power is a real problem, but if you add 'The Dark Before Dawn' to your rotation( Potency -> TDBD is best I.M.O) or just get some pots
    Enjoy!
    [center][IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/ohqwlt.png[/IMG][/center]
    [center][color=red][size=3]all chars kinda retired, not playin anymore[/size][/color][/center]
    [center]out of date but too bored to change it[/center]

Just one question, because i am not sure about it:

Wardens, are they still considered as main tanks? I mean on par with guards?

or just some lol-semi-dps-hybrid class?

Commander Liliam - the Warden

A few things a already posted during beta:

-Buff durations (DE said 12.1)
    -Assailment Damage (DE Said 12.1)
    -Spear Mastery (passive) still only gives 2%! Since Racial Bonuses grants 5% all Hobbits will use Clubs, Elfes and Men will use Swords. Raise Spear Mastery to 7% so that is equal to Clubs and Swords!
    -Recklessness Skill still only improves base Damage for 50%. If you are equiped you only gain rough 11% dmg increase!
    -Warden level 85 Earrings (Class) have changed their bonus from Thread to Marked/Diminished Target DeBuff. But you increase opponents Mitigations and not lower them. Please fix it!
    -DoT Duration is still to low to have a good DoT rotation. Increase Duration or lower triggercount from 4 to 2 seconds (same as Loremasters)
    -Change steadfast to a fastskill. Animation takes to long
    -Increase HoT from +3 to +5. Otherwise we will be forced to use 85 Sets
    -Change Determination Capstone already! Almost every Person during Beta told you that it is absolutely useless!
    -Javelin of Deadly Force still only works on plain ground
    -Some Legacys are now useless too! Shieldpiercer for exp.
    How about new legacys like:

-Desolation +Target
    - +X HoTs
    - +X DoTs

Other Stuff:

- Grace Period for Might was over during Beta, but its not on Live Server. Physical Mastery Bonus from Might shouldnt be there anymore!
    - Since we will be on cap with 95 and l95 equip, how about change some Evade Rating Bonuses from Determination Tree into Inc Heal? That would allow us to use other Relics or increase it more

Next Days i will Post more broken Stuff! I hope you fix many of them and polish other stuff! thx

Quote Originally Posted by CM-Amenophis View Post
    A few things a already posted during beta:

-Spear Mastery (passive) still only gives 2%! Since Racial Bonuses grants 5% all Hobbits will use Clubs, Elfes and Men will use Swords. Raise Spear Mastery to 7% so that is equal to Clubs and Swords!
    I second this.
    Kolgrath, Guardian of Evernight

Todays fix:

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Warden

Some effects were erroneously stacking up and firing off after mounting/dismounting or performing other actions. This should no longer happen.

-Change Determination Capstone already! Almost every Person during Beta told you that it is absolutely useless!
    How good are their server metrics? We might want to push this harder so everyone knows and doesn't pick either of them. If they have stats on trait picks and weapon use they'll notice if literally no one picks the capstone and our point will be stronger.

edit: by captone you mean the 10s potential for fellowship buff right?

Deviled_Egg, some things I would like you to please consider. I am glad that you returned the skill names surety of death and and dance of war to their original form, however. I feel that the buffs received from the fist-shield line would be better suited to the shield-fist line and vice versa. Dance of war has always buffed avoidance as the very name of the skill implies evading attacks through movement. Just seems to make more sense. If crit defense / mit buffs were tied to the fist-shield line it would help wardens maintain threat via damage and also help them mitigate critical attacks now that crit immunity is gone. Being medium armor tanks, spike damage has always been a weakness. I also think access to a higher base block rating would be nice considering wardens carry around a big shield. I've seen dps wardens with 1% block. People are asking for more of an incentive to carry spears witch has always been the main weapon for the warden. Perhaps instead of increasing the damage of the passive trait as some have suggested, you could slightly increase the range of the spear. That is why they have always been the primary melee weapon of ancient warfare. They are longer than swords and axes etc. and you can hit your target from further away...Thank you

I just came across this today on my lvl 95 RK...when I go to decon my runestone for the legacy, I cannot extract the legacy Chill of Winter Damage.. which I want on my new LI! I've heard tales of other specific legacies of other classes with a similar issue. I hope this is known and on the list to fix!

Thumbs down sad with warden changes: (

all classes have evolved but the warden right now is a step below all classes, today I had a captain spars with my bleeding does not hurt to the hurt , 26000 morale , now all classes are invincible and wardens insignificant , is the feeling that I have today I have seen a mini killing enemies with a single attack , all classes have improved a lot but my warden I see ####. if you guys are thinking about buying a warden , not a good option , do not anybody your money on this ####, if someone is willing to help me I would appreciate to send me a private email .
    now with the warden only thing you can do is watch as they kill in spar and helpless feeling bad , your best option is to play alone , do not spend money on a warden .
    Final valuation after the expansion and changes warden = ####
    I would like at this time to give me my money expansion and to give me money warden character
    sad to invest time in a good class , learn all gambits memory , enjoy, and in a few days not recognize your class and see how the other classes enjoy and you can not do anything , congrats for this great lotro ####.
    I did the pre-purchase in late September for these changes , my feeling now is that I'm playing lotro wasting my time.

How about new legacys like:

-Desolation +Target

- Since we will be on cap with 95 and l95 equip, how about change some Evade Rating Bonuses from Determination Tree into Inc Heal? That would allow us to use other Relics or increase it more
    I like both of these a lot. I would kill for a Desolation +target legacy!!!

EDIT: I keep forgetting to add this here but disarmed AND silenced both block out using our new First Aid skill... kinda think that should be fixed right? I mean a condition blocking use of our condition clear?
    Last edited by thunderchickn; Nov 22 2013 at 04:19 PM.
    [center]
    [/center]

Add to your list these skills:

Javelin of Virtue
    Piercing Toss
    Ranged Boar's Rush
    Ranged Boot
    Ranged Safeguard

If you un-equip your weapons, the tool-tip shows "0.0% of Ranged Damage" for all of them. Not sure if it is a tool-tip bug or that they really are missing part of their damage component. There are more, but thats a big one I just saw.

-DoT Duration is still to low to have a good DoT rotation. Increase Duration or lower triggercount from 4 to 2 seconds (same as Loremasters)
    -Increase HoT from +3 to +5. Otherwise we will be forced to use 85 Sets
    HoT duration used to be 24s default, 30s with set bonus. Now: 15s default, 21s with set bonus. We need +3 HoT pulses!
    DoT duration is too low, we need some +pulses as well.
    Determination Capstone is useless. Change this to +% incoming healing or -% incoming damage or something more useful.

Tank wardens are getting on hit +150% (!!!) more damage than Guardians (80% permanent mitigations vs 50% with only temporary buffs).
    I've been hit for 20k to over 30k in raids. Some raids do not give chances to avoid such attacks (no BPE nor resist on these attacks).

Gambit builder removals do not work out of combat but DO go on cooldown once used.
    This is particularly frustrating in Big Battles, where you are left with some random trash gambit builders in your gambit panel.
    If you use Recovery in the wrong moment, you are left with no way to change your gambit for several seconds.
    Last edited by hurant; Jan 26 2014 at 07:05 AM. Reason: formatting

4 secs !

i guess sending that post took more than that duration eh?
    [CENTER][SIZE=3][B][COLOR=#666699][FONT=Georgia]~ [/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=purple]MeL [/COLOR][/FONT][/B][B][COLOR=#666699][FONT=Georgia]~[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon]Circle of Trust[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3][COLOR=#666699][COLOR=purple]Melowar [/COLOR]~ [COLOR=darkgreen]MeL thyPointedEarHunter [/COLOR]~ [COLOR=red]Crymeareaver[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][FONT=Palatino Linotype][URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?399046-Join-Warden-Squad-of-Snowbourn-%21&p=5428178#post5428178"][I][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkslateblue][B]Join Warden Squad Today![/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/I][/URL][/FONT][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]_______[/COLOR][FONT=Garamond][SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][B][I]Snowbourn[/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]__[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]___[/COLOR]__[/COLOR][URL="http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=381206"][I][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkslateblue][B]PvMP Video/Movie Gallery[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/I][/URL][/FONT][/CENTER]

Hello!

I am consistently having several issues...

1) My current gambit will stay in the loader after being executed....allowing me to continue to do this gambit without having to build it again.

2) After leaving combat...the gambit stays in the loader for ~9 seconds but during this time i am unable to use "Recovery" or "Quick Recovery" to clear all or one of my base builder gambits in the loader. This is an issue that occurs in the regular game as well as inside big battles. So if i want to change my gambit for the next attack once i leave combat because an orc died...i am unable to do so for that ~9 seconds. These two skills work correct in combat and out of combat but not the transition between combat states.

3) Periodically, i find that after executing a gambit on a mob i go out of combat as if the mob had died...instead of staying in combat until that mob has died. This may be related to using Desolation as the first skill to enter combat but i have not tested this enough to confirm this relationship.

4) Desolation seems to only work 180 degrees infront of you. The skill says it has a Radius of 6m... I'm not sure if it should hit things behind you but if you do the animation out of combat...your character will spin in a circle as if it should hit 360 degrees...I've also noticed that the ability to apply the attack to the mob seems to not be working right if the target is on the move...even if you are right next to the moving target (whether you are moving or not), it feels like the radius is reduced to the point that you need to be standing ontop of the mob for it to work. In other words...the 6m radius/range feels more like 1m.

Best,

~ Bamor - Rank 12 Warden - Imladris ~
    Last edited by Ravdor; Dec 12 2013 at 06:35 AM.
    [center][IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/34pevr8.jpg[/IMG]
    Ravdor - Hunter ~ Bamor - R12 Warden ~ Sworo - Mini ~ Bodon - Captain
    Raid Leader and Council Member of The Intersect.
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/user/Ravdor[/url] || [url]http://imladrisintersect.com/[/url][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Ravdor View Post
    2) After leaving combat...the gambit stays in the loader for ~9 seconds but during this time i am unable to use "Recovery" or "Quick Recovery" to clear all or one of my base builder gambits in the loader. This is an issue that occurs in the regular game as well as inside big battles. So if i want to change my gambit for the next attack once i leave combat because an orc died...i am unable to do so for that ~9 seconds. These two skills work correct in combat and out of combat but not the transition between combat states.
    You can use "Battle Prep" to enable Recovery and Quick Recovery after you drop out of combat. Its a annoyance but it works for me. I agree it would be much nicer if Recovery and Quick Recovery were always available so you could just clear the Gambit in progress panel when you wanted. I consider it a bug and it seems a simple fix (just mark them as OK for out of combat), so lets all /bug it.
    Last edited by RuralDeliveryRouteGrams; Dec 12 2013 at 10:46 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast