We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Shield Spikes or cooking food.

Which is more important to a blue line warden, shield spikes or cooking food?

Shield spikes are so useful that they probably hinder the wardens ability to do anything productive.

Foods probably a better option. Shield spikes don't do much for the warden.

Quote Originally Posted by Untg99 View Post
    Shield spikes don't do much for the warden.
    Soon to offer +20% crit damage on shield skills. So that's probably something worth keeping in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimrinoth View Post
    Soon to offer +20% crit damage on shield skills. So that's probably something worth keeping in mind.
    This traits potential outcomes are still quite murky, as its completely bugged and does nothing in beta atm.

if the trait only affects those skills that shield spikes affect (shield builder, safeguard and Boar's Rush) they will remain near useless. If the trait affects all gambits that start with a shield, spikes will be mildly useful in those times where you are specced red line and doing a lot of self-healing, which seems like an extremely niche usage at best. This feels like another good point to reiterate how completely disconnected our Dev seems from the actual state of the class.

Either way I'd take the ICPR on cooked food every every day, and twice on sunday.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    Either way I'd take the ICPR on cooked food every every day, and twice on sunday.
    Why is this a choice? Is there some reason why you can't have both?

Quote Originally Posted by Grubo View Post
    Why is this a choice? Is there some reason why you can't have both?
    Wondering the same thing as Grubo.

If you have the toons available--either your own or other members of your kin--who need to do some crafting, why not use both? If you do have a reason why you can only use one, then take food first.

Just as an aside: When I'm trying to level up a toon's crafting, like my weaponsmiths, I will process their way to the second tier so I can get crit opened and then I'll make these consumables like shield spikes and such just because I'm both leveling and potentially getting the nicer critted items. Instead of just burning away all the mats with more processing, I feel better about this crafting alternative that leaves me with something useful to show for the crafting. If I run through a rank of the consumables without having used all these consumables and get betters ones, I just gift them to another player at an appropriate class and level to pay some kindness forward. YMMV