We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Rusted Dwarf Tools

Hi everyone,
    i have just entered Moria yesterday. For the first time. I will not be going on about the epicness there. ;-)

My Champion has the legendary items from Vol. II, B.1 equipped. His sword is just about to hit level 31.
    While questing in Moria, i got my hands on about eight of these Rusted Dwarf Tools ( i think that's their name, the barter item to get level 53 and 55 legendary weapons).
    Now i am unsure: Shall i use one of them to get a new weapon? Shall i get only one or shall i get as much of them as i can equip to level them for deconstruction? Shall i get some of the relic bags i can barter in Dolven-View ? Or should i not bother with them at all und keep using my sword from the epic quests?

Any advice is hugely welcome, as i am quite new to the whole subject of Legendary Items.
    Thank you!
    Kind regards,
    Urveth

You should barter them for new weapon, more LI slotted give you more IXP.

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Legendary_Items

I have always 6 LI slotted.

hi there,

I just barther them for relics cause in my experience you will find enough legendary weapons that drop from mobs.
    But you could always get a lvl 53-55 weapon if you dont find one ofc.

And like you said those are the only 2 things you can do with the rusted dwarf tools so its up to you

Enjoy your journey true "the fallen dwarf kingdom of khazad dum"

###...I can't for the life of me get any Khuzul Tablets or tools drop.

Then you are really unlucky mate
    I got 30+ Tools right now (have already exchanged a bunch of them for relics and weapons), though i do only have 2 tablets. But i still have some areas to do in Moria. I really hope the drop chances makes good on you in time

Quote Originally Posted by svitiello64 View Post
    You should barter them for new weapon, more LI slotted give you more IXP.

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Legendary_Items

I have always 6 LI slotted.

Nope. Gained IXP is divided amongst the LI's you have slotted. so IXP gain remains the same regardless of number of them slotted.

Quote Originally Posted by Adael View Post
    Nope. Gained IXP is divided amongst the LI's you have slotted. so IXP gain remains the same regardless of number of them slotted.
    That's wrong.

The more LI's gaining Item Exp, the more percentage each LI gains, thus you gain more total Item Exp for each Item Exp earned. It's capped at 216% for 6 or more LI's.

1 Item = 100% x1 = 100%
    2 Items = 60% x2 = 120%
    3 Items = 48% x3 = 144%
    4 Items = 40% x4 = 160%
    5 Items = 36% x5 = 180%
    6 Items = 36% x6 = 216%

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Lege...egendary_Items

Quote Originally Posted by JohnAPrescott View Post
    ###...I can't for the life of me get any Khuzul Tablets or tools drop.
    This may sound obvious, but I need to ask it anyway; do you happen to have the premium wallet upgrade? Because if you do then all the tablet / tool drops
    will go directly in to the wallet, not your bags.
    [COLOR=#ffd700]I'm a Banana[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by melyjely View Post
    This may sound obvious, but I need to ask it anyway; do you happen to have the premium wallet upgrade? Because if you do then all the tablet / tool drops
    will go directly in to the wallet, not your bags.
    Is premium wallet different from the wallet you get once you've been VIP? cuz my Broken Tools are just sitting there taking up space in my inventory...

Quote Originally Posted by Caelthor View Post
    Is premium wallet different from the wallet you get once you've been VIP? cuz my Broken Tools are just sitting there taking up space in my inventory...
    It's the gold cap that being VIP removes. The Upgraded wallet has to be purchased by all, regardless of account type, for around 1kTP.

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Premium_Wallet_Upgrade