We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Fun during the downtime

I know most threads turn in to flame wars....especially the ones meant to be fun....but as I watched The Hobbit for the 67th time I noticed the fight at the very end was a lot like the moors.

Thorin (a dwarf champion?) walks off the burning tree toward the reaver and a warg. Clearly he indicates that he wants a 1v1 and the reaver indicates the same. As the dwarf charges, the warg jumps in first and stuns him. A fight ensues, but the initial stun is impossible to recover from and the reaver clearly deserved the win. He then sends in a noob reaver to finish the fight....and out of nowhere a hobbit burgler comes out of stealth and kills the low audacity reaver. At this point the creeps call in more so they can zerg the burgler and kill the champ. Freeps, as usual, call 6-7 more champs and the rout is on. Once the creeps organize and listen to their leader, the freeps mount up (on birds) and ride away to hide on a rock. The end result is no kills for the creeps and the freeps ride away once a "fair" fight is about to happen.

Okay okay....so I may have put a creep spin on it....but it made me chuckle as I watched it last night. Personally, seeing 13 dwarves in one fight would make any spider take notice. Slam it if you will, comment if you like...but it just shows how well the moors actually represents the "real" middle earth. Happy hunting guys and enjoy HD any way you can.

Wait wait wait....this scenario is clearly impossible in our moors realm because having more then 3 dwarves on track at anytime isn't physically possible.

If this were too happen Cardrigal and Gorgoris would call forth the brood that is spread across the moors and assault GV to bring balance back to the moors so We can once again consider dwarves a mythical creature.

I think the important thing to remember here is the next hobbit movie looks like total junk. I'm all for artistic interpretations and understand movie making is a business, but having orlando bloom in the movie just seems so pandering it makes me slightly nauseous.

Nim, don't be jelaous :P
    Hydrogen
    Nitrogenn
    Hydronakh

Quote Originally Posted by Talizar View Post
    Wait wait wait....this scenario is clearly impossible in our moors realm because having more then 3 dwarves on track at anytime isn't physically possible.

If this were too happen Cardrigal and Gorgoris would call forth the brood that is spread across the moors and assault GV to bring balance back to the moors so We can once again consider dwarves a mythical creature.
    Wait wait wait! According to the book - weavers will show up a bit later

Quote Originally Posted by Nimrinoth
    I think the important thing to remember here is the next hobbit movie looks like total junk. I'm all for artistic interpretations and understand movie making is a business, but having orlando bloom in the movie just seems so pandering it makes me slightly nauseous.
    Orlando Bloom is the revision you most have a problem with? Even though Leggy's not in the book, he still existed at that time in Middle Earth history and could very likely have been in Mirkwood when Thorin and Co went through. Tauriel on the other hand never existed at all and was basically created for the sole purpose of pandering. Just saying.

Malgil - It's funny you connected that fight to the moors. I never had before and enjoyed your interpretation of the fight (even though the creeps clearly deserved the zerg since they were attempting to zerg at the time :P ). In fact, a few days ago whilst watching the new Hunger Games I had a similar revelation. It didn't involve monsters so I didn't connect characters to creeps, but Katniss was just shooting someone when I had flashbacks to the Moors. It amused me.

And I thought it was sad that I randomly track nature in PVE without thinking, because some part of my conscience is nervous that I've been standing in one spot for a certain amount of time without tracking nature..... <_< Thanks for that, wargs.