We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Lightbulb New player looking for RP heavy community/friends to play with!<3

Hello all, I've just finished installing LOTRO, and to be honest, the only reason that I've installed it is that I hear there is a significant RP presence. With that said - I'm looking for people to to give me a place to belong in this community. I would like to point out that I don't know anything about LOTR lore, I've neither read the books nor seen the movies. Thanks for reading <3~. I hope to be well-received and become a well-known member of the RP community.

Hey! glad to see you are deciding to join as a roleplayer! Roleplay is super fun on this game, you just need to get used to it. First thing you need to do is pick a server with a good roleplay community. (Landroval is a good place to start.) Then I suggest you either read the books, or see the movies. Just so you get a good feel of what lord of the rings is.

Yes! Welcome! You'll definitely want either Laurelin or Landroval as your server. Landroval is manily US time zones, and Laurelin is mainly Eu time zones.

Definitely read the books. It will make things so much easier to RP. There are plenty of online sources for the lore as well that you can look through as well.

Feel free to ask me any questions you might have!

Thanks for the responses! As an added note, I've chosen Laurelin as it's RP as opposed to RP Encouraged as Landroval is. I am not in Europe though, hopefully that's not a problem. Would like to say, since I've made my character - I'm an Elven Minstrel that hails from Rivendell, and my character's handle is Elandwen (I think). Anyone interested in RPing with me?

Quote Originally Posted by potatocat View Post
    Thanks for the responses! As an added note, I've chosen Laurelin as it's RP as opposed to RP Encouraged as Landroval is. I am not in Europe though, hopefully that's not a problem. Would like to say, since I've made my character - I'm an Elven Minstrel that hails from Rivendell, and my character's handle is Elandwen (I think). Anyone interested in RPing with me?
    Laurelin is a little less populated than Landroval, so sometimes it's rather quiet during off-peak hours. But if you're looking for someone to RP with, feel free to send a tell or mail in-game to Isebrien.

Ah, okay. There's not really much difference between the two that I've noticed, except Landroval has more bands and musicians. I have three characters over there, if you need help. None are Elves though, so it could make RP a little difficult.