We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Threaded View

new player's question about the game's "nature"

is this game world-focused or instanced-focused? solo content or group content?

is it more about exploring the world, questing, discovering lore and hidden secrets like skyrim or just... getting a group and grindind in raids like world of warcraft?

i like wow and all, but have a big problem with group content in general(mostly because of my playing-time), and in WoW i always felt like i could only enjoy about 20% of the game, since it is all about raids. world content is extemely trivialized and treated like a ladder you have to climb before being able to do the real thing... what i want is a game about exploring the world and finding out lore, without feeling left behind on progression or missing the main content of the game.

i like these group content parts of MMOs, but not as the nature of the game... its more like something to do once in a while and have some fun.

is LotrO the game for me? or once i reach high levels, will world content become something trivial to do when my raid group is offline?
    Last edited by Kyzonu; Nov 18 2013 at 05:21 PM.