We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by whheydt View Post
    RoR was pushed back 6 weeks because it really wasn't ready to go.

HD is being pushed back two days because of the power outage and hard dropping the servers.

The former was--theoretically--under Turbine's control and their "fault". The later is neither, but is a very good idea. Indeed, I hope Turbine takes even more time before the HD launch if that's what it takes to be sure the servers and all data are in good states.

I would guess that if they have to push out the launch past Wednesday, the earliest new date that will be set will be 2 December.
    Technically HD isn't ready either though. DEVilled_Egg hasn't finished at least two classes, and promised they'd be "done" in 12.1, so Warden and, I believe Minstrel? I forget if it was Mini or RK, are releasing broken due to time constraints.

-
    I still laughed at the OP though. I'd love it if they'd leave the classes alone, at least until they can finish them instead of releasing things half-done with promises of future updates to "eventually" fix what they broke in the first place.

I'm beginning to wonder if the US government is behind the rollout of HD! Server crashes, failures to log on, black outs... Awfully coincidental! But while HD is having issues, everyone check out healthcare.gov for all your other needs outside gaming!

On a more serious note, extra TP would be nice considering people took Monday off work in anticipation of release and then there wasn't one. Whether it's 2 days or 6 weeks, people made plans and the cancellation was VERY LAST MINUTE! 500 TP seems justified in that case...

Quote Originally Posted by Planters View Post
    I'm beginning to wonder if the US government is behind the rollout of HD! Server crashes, failures to log on, black outs... Awfully coincidental! But while HD is having issues, everyone check out healthcare.gov for all your other needs outside gaming!

On a more serious note, extra TP would be nice considering people took Monday off work in anticipation of release and then there wasn't one. Whether it's 2 days or 6 weeks, people made plans and the cancellation was VERY LAST MINUTE! 500 TP seems justified in that case...

Anyone naive enough to take time off on a launch day of anything should be docked 500 TP.

Quote Originally Posted by Planters View Post
    The USGov medical system that I'll be using come March has be up and operating successfully for a long time.

I can only shake my head at people who plan life and work schedules around a planned game release. Doing so is it's own reward--or penalty, depending.

Quote Originally Posted by whheydt View Post
    RoR was pushed back 6 weeks because it really wasn't ready to go.

HD is being pushed back two days because of the power outage and hard dropping the servers.

HD is in no better condition as RoR was before it got pushed back , i would bet.

@ Topic

maybe they should just tell us the big battles is a very late aprils fool , and we get our instance cluster in the near future...

They're just ticked off that we didn't win them the Dragonslayer's Award for most passionate fan base again this year.

We're very passionate. We're just not very happy.
    [CENTER]I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 100 Minstrel R10 ~ Barloren, 100 LM R5 ~ Teelara, 100 Cappy ~ The Storm Crusaders[/CENTER]

There really is no need for extra compensation for the Helm's Deep delay. We were graciously given two extra days of double experience, two days to collect extra Bounder's Tokens, and two more days to redeem said tokens. Isn't that enough? I think so.

And by the way, we ALL survived the six week delay for Riders of Rohan. Two days for this expansion most certainly isn't going to harm anybody.

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathrien_Estelenlaer View Post
    There really is no need for extra compensation for the Helm's Deep delay. We were graciously given two extra days of double experience, two days to collect extra Bounder's Tokens, and two more days to redeem said tokens. Isn't that enough? I think so.
    This is actually why it was left on. Which reminds me.. turn those tokens in tonight or they'll become marks tomorrow!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2