We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    I must admit I am in awe at the immature post being posted on here today. Oh my we have to wait two days for hd I am so leaving this game. Turbine I am entitled to have hd today you better give it to me or else! Do you people even read what you write? You took the day off work, well that sucks to bad.

For me it will work out great I wanted to work extra hours so I can take Friday off for the xbox one, but wanted to get home so I could play HD now that's it's delayed two days I can get my extra hours in woohoo. I'm sure I don't need to tell turbine or any company but don't worry 99% are mature enough and understand things happen. The 1% that are having temper tantrums and whining and crying pretty sure Turbine and the mature players are laughing at you and could careless if you leave the game because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Viniciusz View Post
    Really, Turbine?

I really can't trust you guys. Don't strange if so many players stop playing. EVERY expansion you guys let something like that happen. I bought HD Premium Pack, pay my VIP every 3 months, but it's starting to get no sense. Can't play. HD delayed. 1 day without the whole game and now 3 characters bugged.

Will be 1 day that you guys will provide the game without these interruptions? I love the game, I love your support. But it's time to reconsider somethings around.
    To be fair, the delay is not really there fault since as far as I know the power outage at there data center was out of there control and they are probably just holding off the update to be 100% sure the servers are sable.

And on that point you mentioned 3 bugged characters, are they all in the same place (and does that place happen to be the boar fountain area in Bree) because three of my characters are also experiencing problems(though I have no idea if your 'bugged' characters are experiencing the same problems). For me I had a character who was last on in the boar fountain area and when I attempted logging on it would not load and timed out, then one of my other characters who was in the three farrows crafting hall tried leaving said area via the door (which leads to said boar fountain) they timed out while transitioning and could not log back in afterwards. Then to test since every other one of my characters logged in fine I took one of my chars who were not in said craft hall and walked to the boar fountain area and the moment I passed under the arch I lost control and my connection timed out. So just as a warning I would avoid the boar fountain in Bree (at least on the Riddermark Server, and yes I bugged this, just felt like warning people, I also posted it on my servers glff to warn people)
    [B][COLOR=#0000FF]Freeps[/COLOR]:Taredhelion(65,Guard) ; Starlily(50,Mini) ; Turmanarmo(32,RK) ; Rawlings(23,Burg) ; Drengi(29,Champ) ; More that will be leveled later[/B]

Geez people, the data center suffered a power outage, which likely means a hard crash on all the servers. These servers cover 3 Live games and 1 game in beta, QA and Dev environments for each, plus web servers, file servers and mail servers. People were working all night to get them restored and it looks like they didn't reach full stabilization until recently.

Let them go home and sleep, they'll spend most of the time through Tuesday regrouping and reverifying everything so they can deploy on Wed., only to put in another long couple days. I'd rather have the staff thinking clearly rather than muddled thoughts because they only got a few hours of sleep in the last 2 days.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnAPrescott View Post
    I really hope they didn't nerk the RK from what it was last in Beta 6.
    it was a joke... no they've not...

I'm already regetting posting that now...
    [CENTER][URL=http://s739.photobucket.com/user/bubushum/media/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png.html][IMG]http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx38/bubushum/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

To provide the best possible experience the release of HD will start two days belatedly? Yeah for those of us who waited the whole day to start playing i can´t imagine something better

This my first post because it never seemed important. But I am just plain sick of all the people that moan grip and complain over the everything. At least there is a game to play. This a game! Life will go on without the players that leave because of something that mother nature helped do. GROW UP!

Very disappointing, but not entirely surprising at this stage. The servers are back up, but there are still problems if you try to enter a building or map to another location. It will get stuck on loading before the connection is finally lost and the game crashes. This can make the game unplayable.

I expect that these issues are going to be looked into and addressed as soon as possible, and hopefully the delayed launch will be much smoother. The outage could not have come at a worse time, but I am honestly surprised at how long it took the servers to come back online, not to mention that there are still issues with them. The sparsity of information has not helped either.

I still look forward to Helm's Deep, but this has been a very disappointing experience.

-Bel
    Belnavar - Captain - 105 - Brandywine - Leader of Keepers of the Palantiri

Thanks for the work done to bring the worlds back up.

HD delayed?---On the plus side, this gives me something to look forward to mid week.
    It will take the dulls out of Wednesday.
    Last edited by Aedon; Nov 18 2013 at 03:33 PM.
    The Lonely Mountain Band
    Pouncival-Rank 15 aroo-Leader of the Pouncing Pwny
    We Pounce Because We Care

Thank you for the info.

I've passed it along on our kinsite as well.

Hang in there, Devs. Looking forward to Wednesday.
    LilyRose of Gladden, Mistress of the Rangers of the West Kinship. Come check out our kin at rangerswest.guildlaunch.com.

Thank you for the update Sapience, thank you to the teams who have worked round the clock to resolve the back end issues.

Working in IT myself, you do NOT move forward with a significant product / system / new service when you are blindsided by a major issue like you had. The teams have to regroup, and plan the roll out accordingly given the events that happened.

On a selfish note, now I can at least finish the couple of last minute items on my to-do list from last night. 8)

Thanks for the update!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnAPrescott View Post
    I.....
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c0000001cba22/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

That is what happens when you use your servers to torrent Obamacare. The Data server lost power LOL

Updates & HD

Thanks Sapience to you and the rest of the team. Keep up the good work.

Now out in the middle of bugger all via Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by leyna012 View Post
    come on... you can still play the game even when HD is delayed, having missed a day of your VIP...the world is going to end??

these 1 to 3 days days will be full of doomsday threads, I dont feel like making some popcoen for myself to watch these threads, have seen it too many times already:P
    No kidding!

BTW, for you "conspiracy theorists" out there: Midwest tornadoes: Communities count cost as deadly storms head northeast

Having lived through this mess, including, at last count I heard, over 70 funnels on the ground and a two-hour delay on a Bears game, no one at Turbine made anything up just to mess with y'all.

Thanks for the timely updates and am feeling for you guys ... kudos on all the good work.

Off to make some kettle corn ...
    Last edited by Steamweaver; Nov 18 2013 at 03:35 PM.
    "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." ~ Carl Sagan

2 Garden Street, Ramsward, Breeland Homesteads, Landroval, Middle-earth (RL Sunnyvale, CA)
    Quote Originally Posted by LeRaginAsian View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but there has never been a LOTRO expansion that met its initially announced release date. I was expecting a delay of some sort, only by two days for reasons beyond their control is pretty great considering. I hope they're getting some nice freebies from their data center company for the screw up.
    Umm, I am founder/lifer and this is not true. They have met most announced release dates. But as a Software Engineer, I understand sometimes it takes longer then you think it will. This isn't the end of the world guys.
    Founder/Lifer 13 Characters (2 just crafting alts) all EM and Grand Masters of their trades/guilds.

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Guys please, no name calling (in either direction!). People are upset, we understand that. There was an issue, we did everything we could to get all of our services restored. Not just LOTRO, but all of our services across all of our titles. Now that they're all up and available, we considered some of the things we heard frequently during the downtime.

• You wanted more time to get in your last minute per-orders
    • You wanted more time to turn in your Bounder's Tokens.
    • You wanted more time to get your characters to 85 with the 100% XP boost.

Now you have the opportunity to do all of that and you'll still get Helm's Deep this week.

Wink

*looks at thread*
    *shrugs*
    *goes to kitchen*
    *makes homemade REAL cheesecake*
    *hops train to MA*
    *goes to Turbine building*
    *hands over cheesecake to Sapience*
    *goes back home and finds something to do until HD comes out*
    "As long as people believe in absurdities, they will continue to commit atrocities." -Voltaire

Mini - 100 |Hunt - 100 |RK - 100 |LM - 100 |Cap - 92 |Champ - 100 |Burg - 100 |Beorn - 81

"Stuff happens"...
    Servers crash...
    Update delayed...

Understandable.

But it's been about 20 hours since the server crash and 8 hours since HD was scheduled to be updated... No official word posted on the forums?
    Come on guys... this is your biggest work day of any given year (expansion release) and you really need to put it into top gear for these things.
    [URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/JayDeeHobbit/media/LOTROs-1.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/JayDeeHobbit/LOTROs-1.jpg~original[/IMG][/URL]
    [color=limegreen][b]Wulfgrim Ghastban, Hrothwine and Galdrefyst of Rohan - Peckish of the Shire -- Riddermark[/b][/color]
    “I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend” JRRT

Quote Originally Posted by Belnavar View Post
    I expect that these issues are going to be looked into and addressed as soon as possible, and hopefully the delayed launch will be much smoother. The outage could not have come at a worse time, but I am honestly surprised at how long it took the servers to come back online, not to mention that there are still issues with them. The sparsity of information has not helped either.

I still look forward to Helm's Deep, but this has been a very disappointing experience.

-Bel
    When servers experience a hard crash, especially servers with large databases running, it is not at all surprising that it would take a while to bring them back up to a point where users can log on. It is likely that servers needed to be started individually, then databases recovered, replication checked, hardware checked (you might be surprised how tough it can be on power supplies, memory, fans, but after power outages it is common to need to replace some parts like that), all before anything more can be done.

Probably does not help that it happened late on a Sunday, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Viniciusz View Post
    Really, Turbine?

I really can't trust you guys. Don't strange if so many players stop playing. EVERY expansion you guys let something like that happen. I bought HD Premium Pack, pay my VIP every 3 months, but it's starting to get no sense. Can't play. HD delayed. 1 day without the whole game and now 3 characters bugged.

Will be 1 day that you guys will provide the game without these interruptions? I love the game, I love your support. But it's time to reconsider somethings around.
    As has been said over and over, the outage wasn't Turbine's fault, and they fixed it as quickly as possible.

I've been a LOTRO player since Beta 1 and can count on one hand how many times something like this has happened. Get over yourself.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/07206000000002964/01002/signature.png]Cassandra[/charsig]

[url]http://my.lotro.com/character/windfola/cassandra[/url]

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by FittyBolger View Post
    "Stuff happens"...
    Servers crash...
    Update delayed...

Understandable.

But it's been about 20 hours since the server crash and 8 hours since HD was scheduled to be updated... No official word posted on the forums?
    Come on guys... this is your biggest work day of any given year (expansion release) and you really need to put it into top gear for these things.
    AS we've mentioned several times in the past, when specific systems are unavailable we cannot log into the forums. YOU can, we cannot. This leaves us with 1 option. Social Media. In fact for the majority of this outage the forums were not available to anyone. So any post there would have been viewed by exactly 0 people.

I just wanted to say big thanks to the team that worked yesterday and today to get things back up. I work in the IT field and when the poo hits the fan you usually have no warning and 9 times out of 10 couldn't have prevented it if you wanted to. But your users don't always understand so they get upset.

100% behind you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Steamweaver View Post
    No kidding!

BTW, for you "conspiracy theorists" out there: Midwest tornadoes: Communities count cost as deadly storms head northeast

Having lived through this mess, including, at last count I heard, over 70 funnels on the ground and a two-hour delay on a Bears game4, no one at Turbine made anything up just to mess with y'all.

Thanks for the timely updates and am feeling for you guys ... kudos on all the good work.

Off to make some kettle corn ...
    Except that the servers are in Boston and the most they had last night was some light wind and rain...

The worst part about this is that it's almost a guarantee that there will be problems at launch. There are ALWAYS problems at launch and the "scheduled downtime" is almost always extended.
    [center][b][color=#DD0000]Elendilmir:[/color][/b] [color=#00DD00]Crusixion - 65 Warden[/color] [color=#CD6090]Krystil - 65 Burglar[/color] [color=#0000DD]Etaros - 85 Runekeeper[/color]
    [b][color=#DD0000]Riddermark:[/color][/b] [color=#EE8833]Drenem - 65 Lore Master[/color][/center]

Now out in the middle of bugger all via Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Now you have the opportunity to do all of that and you'll still get Helm's Deep this week.
    EXACTLY!

Here's something that probably isn't said to you guys enough: Thanks for your patience with all of the, er, "baloney" you deal with during this sort of thing.

PS: why am i now craving cheesecake?

"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." ~ Carl Sagan

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast