We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon

Game Services and Helm's Deep Update

All LOTRO Game Worlds and Websites are now available. Thank you for your patience while we worked to resolve issues that resulted from a power outage at our data center. In order to provide the best possible experience for players, we will be delaying the release of Helm’s Deep until Wednesday November 20th.

As a result, we will be extending our Helm’s Deep pre-purchase offers as well as the 100% XP boost and Bounder’s Bounty events until the 20th as well.

Thank you very much for the information. This answers most of the questions out there. (Not that they won't continue to be asked, but you do what you can, right? )

Really?

Really, Turbine?

I really can't trust you guys. Don't strange if so many players stop playing. EVERY expansion you guys let something like that happen. I bought HD Premium Pack, pay my VIP every 3 months, but it's starting to get no sense. Can't play. HD delayed. 1 day without the whole game and now 3 characters bugged.

Will be 1 day that you guys will provide the game without these interruptions? I love the game, I love your support. But it's time to reconsider somethings around.

@Sapience
    When will the 100%xp buff be re-instated and do the bounder tokens still drop? The droprate is very very low so I need to know if I'm not wasting my time. Perhaps it's nice to increase the droprate to compensate. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Viniciusz View Post
    Really, Turbine?

I really can't trust you guys. Don't strange if so many players stop playing. EVERY expansion you guys let something like that happen. I bought HD Premium Pack, pay my VIP every 3 months, but it's starting to get no sense. Can't play. HD delayed. 1 day without the whole game and now 3 characters bugged.

Will be 1 day that you guys will provide the game without these interruptions? I love the game, I love your support. But it's time to reconsider somethings around.
    I wish you think before you post something like this. You make it sound like they MEANT for this to happen. Please, find an expansion of any MMO that goes off without a hitch.

well bummer.. I can understand a extra day.. but boo hiss... Cant control the weather however.

Maybe you can surprise us with a mid tuesday release.

Quote Originally Posted by Viniciusz View Post
    Really, Turbine?

To be fair, the delay is not really there fault since as far as I know the power outage at there data center was out of there control and they are probably just holding off the update to be 100% sure the servers are sable.

And on that point you mentioned 3 bugged characters, are they all in the same place (and does that place happen to be the boar fountain area in Bree) because three of my characters are also experiencing problems(though I have no idea if your 'bugged' characters are experiencing the same problems). For me I had a character who was last on in the boar fountain area and when I attempted logging on it would not load and timed out, then one of my other characters who was in the three farrows crafting hall tried leaving said area via the door (which leads to said boar fountain) they timed out while transitioning and could not log back in afterwards. Then to test since every other one of my characters logged in fine I took one of my chars who were not in said craft hall and walked to the boar fountain area and the moment I passed under the arch I lost control and my connection timed out. So just as a warning I would avoid the boar fountain in Bree (at least on the Riddermark Server, and yes I bugged this, just felt like warning people, I also posted it on my servers glff to warn people)
    [B][COLOR=#0000FF]Freeps[/COLOR]:Taredhelion(65,Guard) ; Starlily(50,Mini) ; Turmanarmo(32,RK) ; Rawlings(23,Burg) ; Drengi(29,Champ) ; More that will be leveled later[/B]

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Guys please, no name calling (in either direction!). People are upset, we understand that. There was an issue, we did everything we could to get all of our services restored. Not just LOTRO, but all of our services across all of our titles. Now that they're all up and available, we considered some of the things we heard frequently during the downtime.

• You wanted more time to get in your last minute per-orders
    • You wanted more time to turn in your Bounder's Tokens.
    • You wanted more time to get your characters to 85 with the 100% XP boost.

Now you have the opportunity to do all of that and you'll still get Helm's Deep this week.

Wink

*looks at thread*
    *shrugs*
    *goes to kitchen*
    *makes homemade REAL cheesecake*
    *hops train to MA*
    *goes to Turbine building*
    *hands over cheesecake to Sapience*
    *goes back home and finds something to do until HD comes out*
    "As long as people believe in absurdities, they will continue to commit atrocities." -Voltaire

Mini - 100 |Hunt - 100 |RK - 100 |LM - 100 |Cap - 92 |Champ - 100 |Burg - 100 |Beorn - 81

I just wanted to say big thanks to the team that worked yesterday and today to get things back up. I work in the IT field and when the poo hits the fan you usually have no warning and 9 times out of 10 couldn't have prevented it if you wanted to. But your users don't always understand so they get upset.

100% behind you guys.

Now out in the middle of bugger all via Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Now you have the opportunity to do all of that and you'll still get Helm's Deep this week.
    EXACTLY!

Here's something that probably isn't said to you guys enough: Thanks for your patience with all of the, er, "baloney" you deal with during this sort of thing.

PS: why am i now craving cheesecake?

Aednat, Champion; Officer of Easily Amused on Gladden
    Caedomae, Hunter; Dollydagger, Burglar; Dympnae, Warden (sort of); Fiachrae, Rune-Keeper; Huszy, Axe-Slinger; Lornaer, Minstrel; Raechael, Lore-Master

Sapience - is there something wrong with Dwarrowdelf?

Quote Originally Posted by Steamweaver View Post
    EXACTLY!

PS: why am i now craving cheesecake?
    It wasn't me!!
    "As long as people believe in absurdities, they will continue to commit atrocities." -Voltaire

Mini - 100 |Hunt - 100 |RK - 100 |LM - 100 |Cap - 92 |Champ - 100 |Burg - 100 |Beorn - 81

Thank you. I hate Monday releases since I only get to game on the weekends! Now I can only hope for another delay and the actual release will be sometime Friday morning. That would work perfectly for me.
    Freeps: Venusia (Guardian), Silya (RK), Dwayr (Champion), Nissys (Captain), Filodon (Burgler), Tyveil (Lore-master)
    Creeps: Venusiel (R7 Weaver), Tyveilakh (R5 Warleader)
    [url="http://kingsbeyondthewall.com/"]Kings Beyond the Wall[/url]

Thank you, everyone at Turbine, for all the updates these last days! And thanks for giving everyone the chance to finish everything we want before the HD release. Great work!
    Country: Netherlands, Current Server: Nimrodel. Future server: Landroval
    Sheherezi's an Eastemnet Cook & Farmer

All I can say is thanks to the team at Turbine... It's been a long day for you all, I'm guessing.
    Nature's not something we can control, and although I don't know how bad the storm hit Turbine HQ itself, if at all, thanks to the Turbine team for being there and getting the game working again during a natural crisis.
    To those who want HD now... Please, let the people at Turbine have some sleep and regroup first.

Thanks for the information Sapience, O' Harbringer of 'Soon'.

Guys please, no name calling (in either direction!). People are upset, we understand that. There was an issue, we did everything we could to get all of our services restored. Not just LOTRO, but all of our services across all of our titles. Now that they're all up and available, we considered some of the things we heard frequently during the downtime.

I cannot help but giggle a little. Seriously? An extra two days? You gave us enough time already. You knew people wanted the HD xpac badly, more than bounders tokens, and im willing to bet once people played the HD content they'd forget bounders tokens in a whole despite my past opinions. I've been waiting for this xpac since i started playing the game, ill wait another two days. Really though, get it together guys. I love lotro, i love turbine, but theres always a delay, and understandably, this wasnt completely your fault. Hopefully we get more goodies than extra time for bounders tokens/xp boost.
    Excuse anything taken offensively though..as other people are also outraged im a little upset myself, but atleast we get it this week not next week or month or year.

Anybody else notice that the full moon occurred yesterday, November 17, at 10:16 A.M. ET? Quite the coincidence

Sapience, how about a full moon lottery?

Quote Originally Posted by Disaac View Post
    I cannot help but giggle a little. Seriously? An extra two days? You gave us enough time already. You knew people wanted the HD xpac badly, more than bounders tokens, and im willing to bet once people played the HD content they'd forget bounders tokens in a whole despite my past opinions. I've been waiting for this xpac since i started playing the game, ill wait another two days. Really though, get it together guys. I love lotro, i love turbine, but theres always a delay, and understandably, this wasnt completely your fault. Hopefully we get more goodies than extra time for bounders tokens/xp boost.
    Excuse anything taken offensively though..as other people are also outraged im a little upset myself, but atleast we get it this week not next week or month or year.
    In Turbine's defence - there was a WHOLE lot of whining about bounders tokens on Facebook, they've taken the right decision. You simply can't please everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Disaac View Post
    Not their fault it happened, and when. Not entirely their fault how long it took them to fix it (presumably).

But to give their reasons to delay it as "Players wanted A, B, and C." is rubbish.

I am glad for your consumers and for your employees (and employers) that your stuff is all back up and running.

But can we please not point fingers towards the players?

• Turbine's services went offline.
    • Turbine (and friends) did the necessary fixes.
    • Turbine (and friends) didn't fix it all in time to launch Helm's Deep on the release-date-day or in time for players to pre-order/cash in Bounder's Tokens/grab that extra XP.

Everyone expected that this morning, time to pre-order was over, time to turn in bounties was over, extra xp was over.
    Weather (or whatever) made it so that we lost some time last night - "the players" (who have no say in what we are going to get or when) would collectively probably prefer something along the lines of

• Pre-order pricing and the extras included available until Wed Nov 20th
    • Bounder's Tokens remain as they currently exist until Wed Nov 20th
    • Extra XP until Wed Nov 20th

+ Helm's Deep launches Mon Nov 18th.

Of the four things here, the launch of the expansion is far and away the most important to the majority... isn't that who Turbine is here to cater for?

Turbine/WB/Sapience and the Devs are the ones who wanted/need "more time", not the playerbase.
    Obviously, we wanted no issues, to get our #### done last night (or be able to finish it up after launch) and to have HD launch hours ago.

THAT is what we wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by k3nn3th View Post
    I am glad for your consumers and for your employees (and employers) that your stuff is all back up and running.

But can we please not point fingers towards the players?

Turbine/WB/Sapience and the Devs are the ones who wanted/need "more time", not the playerbase.
    Obviously, we wanted no issues, to get our #### done last night (or be able to finish it up after launch) and to have HD launch hours ago.
    THAT is what we wanted.
    No, some of "us" never wanted the HD changes at all.

If you're determined to represent "the players", en masse, then "the players" - ALL OF US - would like you to get it right.

Umm I only have read one of those things, and that was only because the servers went offline mid day yesterday. had that not happened none of this would be necessary.

Now people can cite all the stuff they want, 'act of God' 'mother nature', whatever. facts are this happens a lot, as in every time. How many server issues have there been? 10-12? The excuses ran out a long time ago on this sort of thing. But the defenders here show there are still enough people here who believe it.

When you have an actual DEADLINE people take heed, to come in and use these three excuses as a reason is really poor. Players would have been more than ready had the game run as expected.

In the end it doesnt really matter, it just delays the inevitable, which is this expansion that was the one everyone has looked to to 'save' Lotro is going to be the worst one yet. (I dont count Mirkwood because we all know what that was).

This whole fiasco is somehow poetic in that it sort of foreshadows everything as well as puts it into a nice neat package of reference.

Now with all this being said how about YOU also utilize these two days. If it is released with a ton of bugs and broken content then that puts it squarely back onto you guys. But really who are we kidding at this point.

More time? Seriously? We've had months to deal with the bloody tokens... Again the whiners win
    Andahlia (105BRG) - Annare (105MNS) - Grimdhaz (105RNK) - Grimdoin (105GDN)
    Grimdoir (105CHM) - Tommelhood (105HNT) - Willegart (105WDN)

Quote Originally Posted by rodarin View Post
    Umm I only have read one of those things, and that was only because the servers went offline mid day yesterday. had that not happened none of this would be necessary.

Now people can cite all the stuff they want, 'act of God' 'mother nature', whatever. facts are this happens a lot, as in every time. How many server issues have there been? 10-12? The excuses ran out a long time ago on this sort of thing. But the defenders here show there are still enough people here who believe it.

When you have an actual DEADLINE people take heed, to come in and use these three excuses as a reason is really poor. Players would have been more than ready had the game run as expected.

In the end it doesnt really matter, it just delays the inevitable, which is this expansion that was the one everyone has looked to to 'save' Lotro is going to be the worst one yet. (I dont count Mirkwood because we all know what that was).

This whole fiasco is somehow poetic in that it sort of foreshadows everything as well as puts it into a nice neat package of reference.

Now with all this being said how about YOU also utilize these two days. If it is released with a ton of bugs and broken content then that puts it squarely back onto you guys. But really who are we kidding at this point.
    Believe what? Do you seriously believe Turbine switched power off for all their game servers to prevent anyone complain about HD being a day late? I don't.

I was a bit surprised a couple of hours ago when it turned out loads of players had problems with not turning in their tokens. But seriously, if many of my fellow Lotro-players feel their gaming-experience gets a boost from this then so be it. HD will be my gaming-world for 10-12 months, another day or 5 without it is pretty unimportant. I don't care if the reason for the delay is the powerloss or being nice to people who had a lot of bounders tokens. Both reasons works and are valid to me.

Regards
    /T
    Dawarad HNT | Dawadan MIN | Dawfast CMP | Dawaran CPT | Dawmur GRD | Dawared WRD | Dawagrim RK | Dawaras LM | Daweric BRG | Dawagar MIN | Dawarar CMP | Dawnakh WRG | Dawbag BA | Dawgil WVR | Dawglob WL |

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast