We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 21 of 21

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Nowhere to be seen.
    Posts
    617

    Competitive Play in LotRO

    Hey guys,

    I've always had hopes for Turbine making EM competitive in stead of zerg. They have failed to do so for 6 years now so it's time to try and show some initiative. Here's my idea.

    We'll set up a competitive league for 6v6. This will be comparable to other games, in whole other genres, like Call of Duty, where certain weapons, kill streaks and maps are prohibited because they make matches unbalances.

    People can sign up a team in a different thread if this thread gets enough attention. We'll hold "League Play" matches every month or every other months or so or just when the leader of one team challenges the other.

    General rules will be set up such as no usage of the 1 hour CD racials for Freeps or outcombat rezzing. All we can do is trust on the willingness of both teams to try play fair and with as few things the other side can not have such as store buffs (I know everyone can get them, but not everyone will) or macro's.

    When one side notices they annihilate the opposing team, maybe they can consider in the rematch to not use certain CDs they did use in previous fight.

    I think this can be an interesting concept.

    Ideas?
    +Moose+ tells you, 'Do you still need me to put the smack down on this foe??'

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    28
    Are you serious?

    I don't even...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    316
    Awesome idea.
    I think KR will be interested.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthiness View Post
    Hey guys,

    I've always had hopes for Turbine making EM competitive in stead of zerg. They have failed to do so for 6 years now so it's time to try and show some initiative. Here's my idea.

    We'll set up a competitive league for 6v6. This will be comparable to other games, in whole other genres, like Call of Duty, where certain weapons, kill streaks and maps are prohibited because they make matches unbalances.

    People can sign up a team in a different thread if this thread gets enough attention. We'll hold "League Play" matches every month or every other months or so or just when the leader of one team challenges the other.

    General rules will be set up such as no usage of the 1 hour CD racials for Freeps or outcombat rezzing. All we can do is trust on the willingness of both teams to try play fair and with as few things the other side can not have such as store buffs (I know everyone can get them, but not everyone will) or macro's.

    When one side notices they annihilate the opposing team, maybe they can consider in the rematch to not use certain CDs they did use in previous fight.

    I think this can be an interesting concept.

    Ideas?

    Sounds good although it is in wrong timing because we need to check what is happening with HD PvP first.

    As well as that a main rule should be to have specific set up (1 or 2 healers/ 1 or 2 support / 3 or 4 dps) because packs of specific classes maybe is impossible to fall down on 6max..

    Lets see what new expansion will bring and we can discuss it again after 1 month when freeps will have some decent pvp gear..


    I amar prestar aen.. ''the world has changed..''

  5. #5
    Back in ROI I challenged the freeps to a 6v6 with the old kr gang. Balance and meta have changed and 6v6 would lead to a neverending fight as healing is superior. We don't even know what HD will bring.
    Curuorn, Guardian - Barcode, Warden, leader of Rebirth - Dodar, Reaver - Curuornn, Warleader
    One of the founders of KhaosRogues (R.I.P. Muz, Goor, Lasto), son of Vandalf.
    Withywindle PvMP Videos

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Nowhere to be seen.
    Posts
    617
    Quote Originally Posted by jivius View Post
    Sounds good although it is in wrong timing because we need to check what is happening with HD PvP first.

    As well as that a main rule should be to have specific set up (1 or 2 healers/ 1 or 2 support / 3 or 4 dps) because packs of specific classes maybe is impossible to fall down on 6max..

    Lets see what new expansion will bring and we can discuss it again after 1 month when freeps will have some decent pvp gear..
    As with everything it will need adjusting as we go along. I can't say now that Fellowship's Heart should be banned and then see every Freep team lose their healer in first few seconds.

    My thought exactly was to have very specific rules as is very common in Competitive Play (My brother is a sponsored CoD player and the limitations between public matches and competitive are quite severe), so we'll just have to see what needs to be set in rules and what is open to suggestions as we go along.

    CuruornEU
    Back in ROI I challenged the freeps to a 6v6 with the old kr gang. Balance and meta have changed and 6v6 would lead to a neverending fight as healing is superior. We don't even know what HD will bring.
    1 healer and 1 cappie/wl max on each team should be able to get through. A well timed stun in a blight is all it takes or a well time oathies with a burst from a champ and hunter. I think some fights may go on but then both parties can just break off the match. Such things will also be in rules then.

    An example for a rule would be:
    1. If one of your party DC's at the start of the fight (not when he is already dead or near the end), group up as a team and jump.
    +Moose+ tells you, 'Do you still need me to put the smack down on this foe??'

  7. #7
    I like the idea. Hope more ppl will be interested to make it work.
    'In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.'

  8. #8
    Fantastic idea, but I do agree with Haras that probably best to let HD (when it actually arrives...) settle in first.
    Akrorgash - r11 reaver // Morakh - r8 wl // Tyrakh r6 ba // Silthus r8 Defi // Rawrik r6 neglected warg // ----- Withywindle

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Nowhere to be seen.
    Posts
    617
    Quote Originally Posted by Akrorgash View Post
    Fantastic idea, but I do agree with Haras that probably best to let HD (when it actually arrives...) settle in first.
    This idea is for HD of course. We will see how balance is first and then I'll start writing an official thread with rules and guidelines.
    +Moose+ tells you, 'Do you still need me to put the smack down on this foe??'

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload